This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I want to use a template, but...

I can NOT figure out how to do so! I've uploaded the template. But, after that, I can't figure it out. I went to file manager, but it doesnt' show my template there either. ARGHH!

Re: I want to use a template, but...

If you uploaded the template properly, then when you go to file manager, there should be a index.html page. If you edit this, it should have your template.
When you choose a template and add it to your favourites, you then click on it in your favourites and down the bottem you need to put file name as index.html and then enter. (make sure if this is the first time you have uploaded the template, you need to have the 'upload support files' box ticked)

okay...i can get it to come up the main page, but not on the other pages. Also, I can't figure out how to get text into the link boxes.

Carla go to my site and download the free web builder. It will make things easier. You can build youer site in the web builder and upload the whole lot...images scripts and all.

Carla,

Your site is a Website Wizard creation. The Website Wizard operates as a database. When you are in the Wizard, editing your site, all your changes are kept in the data base. Only when you use the "publish" option, are your web pages written out to your web site. But the reverse is not possible. You can not put a template on your web site and have the Wizard use it. The Wizards are strictly limited to the themes and layouts within the Wizards.

The templates from the Template Gallery are intended to be edited on-line with the editors in the File Manager, or downloaded to your local PC and edited there. There are lots of good free/low cost web page editors on the internet. But, once you switch to editing outside of the Wizard, you can no longer use any of the Wizards functions, especially the "publish" option.

You need to remember that once you get away from the Wizard, you will be responsible for managing the navigation bar, adding pages, adding services, etc.. Everything that the Website Wizard did for you automatically. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but something you need to consider.