This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hosting Help And Site Tips

Hey Guys... I Was Looking Into Buying Just A Plain Domain Name And I Was Wondering If This Would update My Free Subdomain Name To The New One...Like Would I Get The Page Not Found And Whatever Files?

Also... I Was Wondering If Anyone In Here Would Want To Take A Look At My Website And Tell Me What To Add If Anything, Or If Anything Looks Bad...Or Even If I Need To Get Rid Of Anything Because Im Not Legally Using It Or Whatever... Anyway Please Help And Check Out The Site.. Thanks!

Re: Hosting Help And Site Tips

so you would like a domain name without hosting with bravenet? do you want it so you can transfer all the content on your existing website over to your new domain?

No... i have a bravenet subdomain. i want to upgrade... will it just turn my subdomain into my new domain.. and will i get the files for a full domain that i need... becasue im afraid that if i buy only a domain name without a hosting package i wont get everything or somehting... how does taht work?

Basically, you can purchasea domain name, without hosting, for 8.95 per year. But you can register for a hosting package that gives you a free domain name for one year. Now I understand wat you mean. But you can purchase a domain name, but nothing will transfer over from your subdomain, and you will still have your subdomain. Your other option is to login into your subdomain account and then upgrade to a package, register a domain name (free first year) and then that will give you the package. The only thing there is still, nothing out of your subdomain will transfer over to the new package/domain. What you will have to do, is completely copy everything in the filemanager of your subdomain account, copy it onto your computer, then upload it all into your new account. I hope this has helped you. Please let me know .