This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I change the hosted domain name?

Ok, signed up with pro and used my domain that I currently had. So I chose hosting with no domain. After talking to hubby we decided to get a different domain name. I did that (had to pay 8.95 for the domain name even though I should have gotten one free) and now can not get the website hosting to allow us to use the new one instead of the previous one. HOW DO I DO THIS? I am getting very frustrated bcuz no one is answering the support tickets and there is no number to call these people.

Please if anyone knows how to do this - IN NEED OF HELP~!

Re: How do I change the hosted domain name?

When you either register a domain name or use an existing domain name, they all have DNS (domain nameservers). Now for example, if you already had a domain name, you would of had to change the DNS on the site where you registered your domain name, over to the bravehost DNS. Now basically what the DNS does, is it tells the domain name where to get the content of the website from. So my guess is that in your pro package, the DNS details are set to your old website. What you would need to do, is to change the DNS details, so that they are linked to bravenet. I know this seems confussing, but if any of that makes any sense, well im glad. Let me know on any more questions and i can explain more. But firstly reply back where your up to. Regards, Mitch