This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I actually have a couple of questions, can someone plz help me.

I am brand new at making up websites and other stuff on the internet. I found bravenet.com and decided to give it a shot.

Now my site is for a Virtual Online Wrestling federation for the Virtual Online Wrestling that I am a member of.

The problems that I am having is #1 my picture wont stay in the center of the screen next to my tabs, #2 I may trying to figure out how I can make more then one forum with subforums for each of the tabs on my main screen, and finally #3 can I make it to where the people who log into my website they have to use a log in name with a password.

Re: I actually have a couple of questions, can someone plz help me.

1. Your picture won't say in the center because you inserted it in the sidebar. You have a

structure for the menu items and another one for the content area. Move the image to the content area

2. The Bravenet forums are not set up to handle sub forums. If you want more than one forum, register for under a different user name and then register for the forum service.

3. It's not perfect, but look into the Password Gate service.

To go beyond what's available for free, for #2 and #3, you will need some high end hosting service to support it.

Thx Martin it helped a little.

I got the picture fixed and I figured out I don't want to use the password login right now anyways.

But I am still trying to figure out, I got the message forum but I need to use it in more then just one place...I need it like 5 more times but if I go and try to place another forum board on one of the other spots where I need it then it changes the first one that I already have. How can I go about using the forum in more then one spot?

You can have as many LINKS to your forum as you would like. You may use the CODE to enter your forum all over your site--or you can look at the address of your forum and have a Text or Graphic link to your Forum... No having more then one link to your fourm will Not give you more then one fourm.... You only get one per account!

G'Luck
Anna

I understand that I can only have one forum, but how do I make it used on other areas besides just the one, without changing the first one.

I mean, if you look at my site (http://warofwrestling.bravehost.com) I got the forum set up on the Start Up, but I am trying to get it to work on the Role Play, In The Ring, Title History, Offices and General. But everytime I try to make it work for Role Play, it changes Start Up to Role Play and goes to that area along with the Role Play.

Can someone please get me on the right track...I already have people signing up for my site that I want there and we want to start having some fun with our Role Playing but this problem is getting very frustrating.

I had a look at your website, and i clicked on Roleplay, In the ring, Offices and yet the same page loaded over and over. The content was no different from the home page, and the URL in the address bar didn';t change. It looks like the me that all your links link to your home page which has picture on it. Maybe it doesn't load on my computer.

Please tell me how to make the pages and get them to link up properly then....PLEASE. I have been working on this website for so long now and I already have guys who want to sign up for it and get it running but I can't do that until I get all the pages working properly.

MiniTaker,

I'm really not sure what your trying to do. Making multiple pages is a relatively simple process. It's common practice to have all your pages be in the same general format. You can make a copy of your home page simply by opening up your "index.html" page, in the File Managers editors, and then use the "Save As" function. Just save it under a different name, like "page_2.html". You can pretty much name it anything, but try to avoid spaces and funny characters, and be aware that the server is case sensitive. By this I mean that a page named "PAGE_2.html" is considered a different page than one named "page_2.html".

It already looks like you know how to create page links, because you have a bunch of them in your menu already. But you can add an extra one just for test purposes, that links to the page listed above. The link below is intended to go in your sidebar menu

Since your link is not going off of your site, you could also shorten it and use a relative link.

Once you have the extra pages, in a common format, just modify the links in your menu and the content of each page.

As far as your forum is concerned, you can put a link to your forum on every page if you like. That doesn't make it a different forum. You can get multiple forums by registering multiple times with Bravenet. Each Bravenet registration will allow you to register for a separate forum. You can then customize them differently and each one will have it's own unique cut and paste code. Administration will be a headache, because you will have multiple accounts to deal with.

Martin, please help me here....If you have MSN, or Yahoo instant messanger that would help me out alot....My MSN is Crabby-Dragon@hotmail.com and my Yahoo is wolverine43551@yahoo.com....If you could please add me to your lists and inform me of the usual times that you are online so I can chat with you about my links it would be GREATLY appreciated.