This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question about images, and 50 mbs

I have a free hosting account, which has 50 mbs of space. I've been putting up a lot of pictures on my site with the upload tool, where you simply type in the url where your image is located. I'm wondering if this takes up space to simply upload via url, or if it doesn't take up any space because it IS only a url, or what....

I'm just confused. I didn't upload the picture by uploading the whole thing, just the url, and I'm just wondering if it takes the same amount of space?

Very confused on the whole image thing...because I don't want to run out of space x.x

Sorry if this is confusing- please help?

Re: Question about images, and 50 mbs

Your images need to be on the web in order for others to be able to see them. The best place is on the same hosting as the pages that display them. The upload tool uploads files from your computer onto your hosting. You should keep total page sizes (including images) under 70-80k maximum if you want people to view the pages. Single images attached to pages via a thumbnail popup can be as big as 50k each. You will fit a huge number of such images into the 50Mb hosting space. If your images are bigger than that then optimize them before uploading them.