This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new at this

I am concidering setting up a website to sell an electronic product. Bravenet seems like a good place to start with web hosting but can anyone help with the sorting out the shopping cart/credit card collection issues. It doesn't look like Bravenet offers these services. Does anyone have any suggestions? What is the easiest and most cost effective way to collect credit card payments and what do I need to do this?
Thanks in advance

Re: new at this

Im sorry to tell you hols but bravenet doesn't have shopping card/credit card options here, only the ones you see when you go to member area =) glad 2 help, l8rs!

Thanks for the reply. I was actually wondering if anyone can explain to me what I need to set it up and what vendors to use since Bravenet doesn't do it. Do I need a merchant account? What is the difference between a shopping cart/storefront and an e-commerce host?
Thanks

I have paypal on my site Hols. Its free to set up there is no monthly account keeping fees. They take a small percentage of what you sell. It is easy to set up on your site. I Have no web design experience or store front experience but I used a web builder to create my site and to put the PayPal code on the site>It was easy to do. Have a look at my site and if you think that this is what you looking for especially on my product pages you can download the free website builder from the link on the index page. Then if you go to www.paypal.com there you will find an easy way to add a shopping cart to your site. They have several alternatives for your customers. You can have a selection or just sell one item. I dont know if you are aware but paypal is hooked up with Ebay. Hope this helps..

Thank you for the information. You are not the first person to mention paypal. They seem to be easy, cheap and have a brand recognition that people trust.
Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question.