This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Html doing something wrong!!

I have created a site using 'Web page maker' and i have added some html so it that i have obtained from this site (Like the password gate ect). I have created the site but when i upload it and look at it or even just preview it from the editor the top bar and some of the images move over when the html parts of the page are activated using the windows warning bar.

Slowly more and more of my pictures are starting to move over when the active content is allowed. I have even tried using a different editor (Dreamweaver) but it still seems to be the same.
Whats wrong???

My site is quite improtant to my school and at the moment i have been forced to bring it down so a rapid reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Dan

Re: Html doing something wrong!!

Well, there may be cases where HTML may be arguable said to do something wrong. Personally, I suspect it is a case of Dan Greaves doing something wrong.

I don't believe it is possible to be more specific than that with the information given. Since you chose to withhold the URL of the pages involved, I suppose you don't really expect anything more?

Images keep moving!

Sorry i'll include more information. I have included the site url this time.

See in the page all of the pictures and some of the text is over to the left? Well in the editor it isnt like that and you know when windows blocks active content and shows a warning? Well when the active content (Password gate, flash at top, Counter) is not activated, the images are in the right place. Would anyone know whats wrong?

Re: Images keep moving!

The exact opposite is in fact occuring. Ypou have the images in fixed positions on the page while everything else on the page will flow to fit the space. If you want the images relative to the rest of the content then position them relative and not absolute.

Re: Re: Images keep moving!

You may want to ditch webmaker. Nothing moves on my system, but this is what the site looks like in my browser:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Re: Html doing something wrong!!

Ok i'll ditch web meb page maker. Its a shame because its a pretty good program but obviously theres this problem.

Can anyone recommend an editor that doesnt require much html knowledge?

Thanks for the feedback so far.