This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
download zip file from link

I want people to be able to download a link file from a webpage of mine, for the hurricane katrina relief fund. there will be resources in the zip file so people will have more information.

here is the problem. when a person comes to the webpage i don't know how to set up a link on the page so someone can click on the link, be able to download the zip file. I'm not technically minded at all. please someone that knows what to do, if you can explain the process as simply as possible keeping it simple and not technical that would be great.

I have the zipfile in my directory but it doesn't work when i click on it. the page comes up as ''403 forbidden you do not have access to this page''.

I will be making a donation to the red cross for any and all help. thank you. I want to get this set up for thursday and friday so people can start to download the resource package.

Re: download zip file from link

Free or paid hosting?

Re: Re: download zip file from link

One cannot help wondering: Why is a .zip file required? Ordinary webpages have turned out to be very useful for distributing other kinds of information.

Re: Re: Re: download zip file from link

Other people here recommend using zip files to force the files to download rather than executing when the link is clicked. Personally I prefer a standard link and right clicking but if that's the way he wants to do it its no big deal in my view.