This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
templates

Something i cant understand. i have a free account, and after i pick a template, when i got o edit it, most of them have buttons down the side for naviation. But wat are the use of thoses when you cant write in them. like u used to be able to, and you can place text over the top. Basically i have to delete them and get buttons for other places cause they are useless. please explain why they are there if you cant use them anyhow, or if you can, please tell me.

Re: templates

The template supplies you with a blank button. The intent is that you download this button image to your local pc and use a graphic editor to add text. Make as many buttons as you need, saved under different names, and then upload the to your web site. You obviously already know how to replace them in the web page and make them links.

A good choice for a free graphic editor is IrfanView at http://www.irfanview.com/. Once you get the hang of it, it only takes a few minutes to crank out all the buttons you want.

I have also used a free online service called GRSites Button Maker. If you use the button image as a background and set the width/height to match the button image size, you can generate some very well done buttons that still match the template. Using it this way gets you around some of the background problems you might have with button edges.

Re: templates

Ty again martin.