This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SETUP DOMAIN HELP!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP. I PAYED FOR MY DOMAIN NAME AND NOW I CANT EDIT MY PAGES. I JUST REGISTERED. WHAT DO I DO NOW!?

Browser: ,2

Re: SETUP DOMAIN HELP!!!!!!

hello? what is this for if i dont get a response?

You paid for your domain--did you also sign up to have it hosted?

If you signed up to have it hosted as well then Log In and go to the Hosting Manager and you will find either the Wizard or The File manager to create your site.

Also--just so that you know in the future I have learned with the helpful computer geeks on the support sites I visit that they have a few rules they are really picky about. The First one is the TYPE in all CAPS is YELLING and the second is that you draw more flies with Honey then With Vinigar...

Good Luck with your website!

Anna

if i try to get it hosted it tells me to pick a name for the site which i already have

ohhh one other thing I have learned when I go to a computer support site and ask for help is that on some of them (not Bravenets but on others) there is a common rule that We need to Wait X-number of Hours before bumping our threads up...Some of the sites I ask for help have a 6-hour rule about waiting to get help before asking again...

The guys here at Bravenet have never seemed too cranky about this but--I would hate for us to get to spoiled about the HELP we get here and then go out and **** off another support forum because our Geeks have let us get away with sooooo much on this support forum....

hummm....

Did you get your URL from Bravenet or Pay for it someplace else?

I believe (it has been awhile) that In addition to paying for url and hosting that you also need to create an account... A user account that you can log into at the top left corner.

Did you make a user account and order your site there?

they should post something to tell newbies that. and im not looking for a fight im just trying to change my site cause of some psycho stalker. i didnt realize ppl were so picky about all caps.

i already hd a site and i needed to change it so i opened a new accnt and bought a domain here. but it says not configured

No one is all that picky here but the other day I got my head ripped off at some other support forum and I was trounced around for using all CAPs and for Asking a second question too soon... Like I said the Guys here are really SWELL... and no one gets mad here but apparently WE should know this when we play in thier world maybe I am still just in a state from my own ignorance in the Forum World and was trying to pass on what I learned.... :)

thats fine. im not worried. thanks for the caps advice

To edit your site you log in and go to "Hosting and Domains" there you choose to use the Wizard or File manager for you website.

.sorry I should have added that first you need to create the site and you do that in the same sections.

its acting like i dont have one yet. if i try to "host" it makes me choose a name for my site but ive already paid for a domain.