This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who answers faster-here or ticket?

Hi!! I just posted a service ticket, but I don't know if they are working since it is labor day weekend. So, anyway, here is my problem... I had purchased a domain name and was using the free webhosting, rerouting my site to findingthefloor.bravehost.com

Well, people were complaining about the popups in the forum, so I purchased a months worth of webhosting. Well, people are still getting the pop ups, and there is still a banner across the top of my site.

Questions:
1. Do I need to delete the re-routing
and
2. If I do, then will I need to start over with my website or will all of my pages automatically go up on findingthefloor.com?

I'm sorry, but I am REALLY a novice, so as detailed info as you can possibly give would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Re: Who answers faster-here or ticket?

Purchasing web hosting doesn't get rid of ads in the forum - you need a pro forum to get rid of forum ads.

Here or a ticket isn't so much a matter of how long it takes to get answered but rather who answers it - here it is other users of Bravenet services who may or may not know what they are talking about - ticket is answered by Bravenet support staff.

Re: Who answers faster-here or ticket?

Vicki, I may be able to help with one part of your problem. As Stephen pointed out, the forum pop-ups are not going to go away as long as you are using a free forum.
You imply that you have purchased a month's worth of paid hosting, which should get rid of the banner, but I can see that your domain name is still pointing to your free (*.bravehost.com)site.
Go to account manager, click on "domain names" to open the domain manager. in the section of the page labeled "domain maintenance", click the "domain forwarding" icon. If you find that your domain name is forwarding to your free site, just erase your free site's name and save.