This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stuck on stupid PLEASE HELP!!!

I don't know what to do anymore, I finally got the email that my site transferred over here but I don't have any idea what to do next, how to build my site, where to go, nothing. I am pressing on buttons trying to figure it all out and it just doesn't make sense to me, I don't know how to even get started and the instructions provided on this site have been of no help to me. Can anyone help me I feel like crying, I have to get my site up and running great again and it's in really bad shape and I don't even know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Browser: talie828,2

Re: Stuck on stupid PLEASE HELP!!!

Your site is there, so all is not lost. For a start, log on to bravenet, click "manage hosting", then "file manager", open your folder (alistfashions.com) and take it from there!

That's the problem...I don't know what to do from there, it's not very well explained and I am not a big web hosting or designing person although I try.

It appears that you have used a template-based website design from a company called CityMaker. How did you edit this site before you switched to Bravehost?

On citymaker it was so plain and easy to do it, it had very plain text, easy to understand buttons to press to edit, bravenet has nothing that I understand and I am trying but I just can't seem to get anywhere, I don't know what to do b/c I want the site to look more professional, I want to hook it up to ecommerce somehow, but at least if nothing else, put a logo and personalize it and have it look professional the template I used is absolutely terrible

Well I'd like to help but its hard to know where to start if you have no prior experience. A regular contributor, Martin Meserve, has written an excellent tutorial for those just starting out with Bravehost; I dont have the link but perhaps Martin will see this and send it to you.
I'm not sure of the implication of importing a third-party template to a bravehost site, I feel sure that you will not be able to edit it using a wizard, and it doesnt sound as if you are at a level at which you can use file manager or your own software to do so.

Here's the link to Martin's tutorial;

click here