This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
another thing went wrong...

Ok...so I was told to publish my website so I could maybe set up my email that way...so I went to publish it and the only thing that shows up is our old website. Our old website was created by someone who doesnt work here anymore so we really have no way of deleting it, we dont know where he made it at or anything. So, I pressed the "publish website" button and clicked to view it and all that shows up is our old website. So, if I published my new website...where did it go? Cuz it is not showing up. Please someone help!!!

Re: another thing went wrong...

Depends how you were building your site. The "publish" function in Bravenet is part of a tool called the "website wizard" and is only to be used if you are using the Wizard to build your site.

If you are using a PC based site builder then upload the site with your own FTP software or Bravet's FTP applet.

Jenna, is it possible that you are trying to publish a new website using the same domain name as your old site? I dont think thats going to work. As I understand it you can only have one site per domain name, unless you bring sub-domains into play

For your new website to appear the name of the file that you published must be named index.html

If it is not named index.html it will not take the place of our "old site".