This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do you hide a page???

I know that somebody else asked this question before but I would like to know how to hide a page on my website because im creating a page for everyone, [those with passwords] as im using the password gate.
Do anyone here knows how to hide that particular page?

Re: How do you hide a page???

yes....

If you are using the bravenet Website wizard, its not possible, the wizard will not let you hide a page. In order to hide a page you will need to use some other type of webpage editor. But i didn't want to go do that, so i just created another bravenet website and linked it through the password gate. So now when peopel go through my gate they are going to another site. I also think its better this way cause with the wizard you only get to have 7 pages. if you have another site linked through the gate for members to go through, you can have even more pages inside the members only site..

Browser: adamsalad@hotmail.com,3

You are only limited to 7 pages when you are using one of the Website Wizard Themes, also known as the Red Wizard. There is another Wizard, known as the Blue Wizard, that is Layout based and allows you to create as many pages as you want. The Red Wizard has nicer layouts then the Blue Wizard but also has more control over the content areas. The size of the navigation area, defined in the CSS file, is what set the maximum number of pages, in the Red Wizard. The Blue Wizard handles the navigation differently.

When you talk about hiding a page, you need to define your needs a little bit more. Are you simply trying to get it out of the automatically generated navigation menu, so you can link it yourself somewhere else? Or are you really trying to limit access to a select few visitors?

Unless you have a high end hosting package, truly hiding a page is a myth. Some high end web hosts offer access to, or give you a configuration menu for, the ".htaccess" file. With this file, you can manage access to any file or folder you have. Other hosts allow you CGI or PHP access, which would allow you to generate your pages dynamically. A dynamically generated page really doesn't exist until it is sent to the visitor, and only the visitor can see it.

The password gate, available with Bravenet, only gives you limited protection. Once a person gets through the gate to the site, they no longer need to go through the password gate. The protection that it gives is that, not everyone knows how to figure out the real URL, once they are connected to the protected site, so they continue to go through the gate.

Take a pair of binoculars and look at your page through the wrong end. This will make it appear very small. While doing this, pick up the page with a pair of tweezers. Now simply drop the page into a very small container and cover tightly with dark material.

Doneski.

Oh! the red wizard only lets you create 7 pages ?!
Ok......I am using the blue wizard where you are able to selct the layouts and colors you want, ok...i finally got the info I wanted!

And for "hiding" pages....i jsut don't want the url link to show up on the webpage along with the other navigation buttons, so only some few members can go through the password gate to get to that url.

Oh! the red wizard only lets you create 7 pages ?!
Ok......I am using the blue wizard where you are able to select the layouts and colors you want, ok...I finally got the info I wanted!

And for "hiding" pages....I just don't want the url link to show up on the webpage along with the other navigation buttons, so only some few members can go through the password gate to get to that url.

Re: Re: How do you hide a page???

wizards are for noobs