This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What the heck!

i logged into my website to edit it and all of my information is gone and it is replaced with someone elses!!! I have no clue what happened and im really mad. Please help

Re: What the heck!

I just posted a similar topic. Maybe the same thing is happening to us. My files are gone and I only see two strange folders.

WOw the same exact thing happened to me. I wanted to edit my site but all thats in my files is 3 empty folders that I never seen before.

Happening to everyone! (Me included)

Browser: ,3

me too, what the hell's with those folders?

I WANT TO EDIT MY WEBSITE!!!!!

can anyone help us out?

What are we supposed to do now?

got the rocky mountain carap and 2 others now.

I can't afford to have my site down!!

Some from Bravenet wanna step in here and tell us what's what???

Lets sue them and get some money, and our websites back.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WE ARE UNABLE TO TO VIEW OUR WEBSITE. IT DOES NOT COME UP. BRINGS UP SOME TYPE OF ERROR: FORBIDDEN

**** THIS STINKS, RIGHT ON A TIME WHEN WE GET MOST OF OUR VISITORS AT PEAK TIME.

BRAVENET GET THIS FIX LIKE NOW, THIS MOST CERTAINLY RUINS WEBSITE VISITORS FROM COMING BACK OR PURCHASING ANYTHING, UNRELIABLE WEBSITES.

FIX IT NOW!!!

I think all of us will just have to be patient until they fix the problem... its not the end of the world. lol when I first went on I almost felt like it was, I thought I would never get my files back, but I'm pretty sure we all will.

WE MOST CERTAINLY WILL LOSE CREDIBILITY AND FUTURE VISITS.

THIS IS THE KIND OF REASON WHY VISITORS ARE SCARED TO MAKE PURCHASES OR SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR THIS KIND OF REASON.

BRAVENET AND THEIR ADDS ALWAYS CHANGING EVERY SINGLE SECOND. THEY ALREADY MAKE ENOUGH $$$ WITH HOSTING FEES AND TOOLS, WHY DO THEY EVEN HAVE ADS, THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT. WE ARE SURE IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WHILE THEY WERE MAKING MAJOR CHANGES IN THEIR ADVERTISMENTS.

GET THIS FIXED NOW. AND WE DESERVE AND EXPLAINATION AND THE TRUTH!!! PLUS CREDIT FOR LOSS DOWN TIME, YOU WOULDN'T LIKE FOR US ALL TO SUE WOULD YOU

well when i view my site, it's fine, but i went to edit a few files just now and they're not there!?!?!

OMG I am having the same problem...this is NOT GOOD

Uh-huh, same thing here too, about 10 mins ago.

Was happily ftping and ping-pang-pong, everything went dark.

Got some weird stuff about Rockymountainadz, resurfacing alternatives and some storagemeters????

Anyway, it looks bad to me. If it's affecting everyone, somebody has clearly made a huge duff up and move some files on the server to somewhere they don't belong.

Lookin' bleak people.

I AM SO MAD ABOUT THIS STUPID ERROR THING it must have been hacked

No files and when viewing my site...some stuff is there but a whole lot of little red X's and access denied pages.

yes, be patient but site downtime is lost customers.
What I am already paying for this service I can't afford that.

Maybe it would help if someone "in the know" would
let US know.

You guys cool down gosh seriously some of you are over reacting. You can still look at your site but you just can't edit it at the moment, so don't worry about people not being able to look at your site when you have a ton of visitors. And don't complaine so much I think bravenet is still a whole lot better then all the other webhosting site. A WHOLE LOT BETTER!

Posted under Support Ticket:

Announcements - August 23, 2005
We're aware of the current issues with the file managers in both free and Pro hosting. We're working to resolve these as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Sorry I don't understand and I am not patient.

Losing revenue here.

I've read some of these posts about files disappearing and wondered what was going on.Now my fles have apparently been changed or something. The website is still there the files aren't. Hmmmm. Alittle annoying. I'll wait and see what happens.
Marc

laita WHY DONT YOU CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE:

WWW.EPGRIDIRON.COM

TELL US WHAT YOU SEE?

I'll tell you nothing!

FORBIDDEN

NO, Lalita....
My site is NOT fine!

Graphics missing and half the pages are ACCESS DENIED including Order Form!!!!

Sorry I don't think I'm over reacting.

I have auction photos hosted, and these are now no longer accessible at prime browsing time.

Are these the same crappy files everyone is finding??

morepics.resurfacingalternatives.com
rockymountainadz.com
storagesemester2.berxleben.net
win82.hyipseeds.com

This had better get fixed soon! I am a pro member, and I refuse to pay if service is like this!! BRAVENET HAD BETTER HAVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF PIERCEDSHADOWS.COM FILES IN BACKUP!!!!! Who the heck is rocky mountain adz?!!! BRAVENET, WE DEMMAND ANSWES (AND OUR SITES) NOW.

Yep...same ones.

Yup, same thing here people. Its all gone fubar. Rockymountain stuff, website all over the place, the works.

Yay

Have any of you actually checked with Bravenet?

Had any of you bothered to try opening a support ticket to ask Bravenet staff what is going on (instead of complaining to other members) you would have seen the following message at the top of the page.
-----------------------------------------------------
Announcements - August 23, 2005
We're aware of the current issues with the file managers in both free and Pro hosting. We're working to resolve these as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

This is what I see right now, when I first opened my IE, I saw my site...now I see this

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have only had a problem once with bravenet, and it was resolved...I hope this will be too!

yes Stephen, I did and posted the same notice earlier in this thread.

Ever hear of venting?

its a democracy world you idiot, people need to get together to try to make things right and just

yes stephen, that was the first thing I did
but it is only natural to be a little bit concerned.

I don't know... I see an EP Gridiron website when I go there. 3;p Calm down. People can still see it. You over react, and you are likely to have a stroke. ;)

I agree with you Jay.

woohoo...i see the gridiron site!! hehehe
i see mine again too Go Bravenet!! You can fix it!!

I can see everyones site perfectly fine I don't understand why most of you are getting all worked up when the problem will be fixed.

my concern was if I had access to a file, then someone had access to my files. I think that being a little concerned about having files lost, or tampered with is more than reasonable. When I opened my file manager and found those files, my heart skipped a bit, thinking oh gosh...someone else has my files and what will they do to them. It is only natural that someone would come into the forum to see if they were the only ones having the problem.

Don't worry Trisha I don't think anyone has your files because everyone has the exact same files as everyone else.

It's probably some kind of spyware bot.

Ok, yeah I over reacted, MY SITE HAS COME BACK but file manager isn't working...

This is crazy! I thought I erased all my files some how. Does anyone know when everything will be back up and running?

Could This Mean We'll All Have To Start Over !?

I'M NOT LAUGHING , REALLY I'M NOT !

COULD THIS MEAN WE'LL HAVE TO START OVER ?!

I'M NOT LAUGHING,REALLY I'M NOT!

IF YOU GET A FORBIDDEN MESSAGE YOU SIMPLY NEED TO REFRESH THE PAGE WITH YOUR RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS & DELETE YOUR CACHE,HISTORY & COOKIES

There could be a website provider war going on and some hacker could be getting into this. Or it could be a microsoft glitch. How many of you are using Internet Explorer?

Also a word of warning to everyone using FoxFire. Sometimes your website will not show up like it should or like in the other sites. You may have to use a table to make sure everything stays as it should and anchor things down. The graphics do not always come out good with Foxfire either.

there is deffinelty something going on. I'm have a few problems viewing my pages while I edit and a lot of editing problems. Things not saving as I put them in. Hopfuly they'll get it worked out soon and I do understand the frustration but I think we just need to hold on and see if it get's fixed, they take time to get worked out.