This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pictures

Using wizard. At 84 too old to learn HTML. When I go to use an image I put a picture in the window that says My Pictures. When I upload the title appear with (x) next to it and I can't get the picture into my site. My uneducated guess is that the picture is too large. If this is the case what size is allowed?

Re: Pictures

Nonsense. 84 may be old, but if you can learn to use the Wizard, you can certainly learn something much easier like HTML. I think you are confusing the mess of source code that the Wizard creates with HTML. HTML can be very simple and easy to understand.

Your guess may or may not be right. Size is one possible problem. Never mind what is allowed, I heard sometime but to not remember. I just know it is far more than you should ever consider putting on a webpage. The pictures must be downloaded by visitors too. 30 kilobytes should be the absolute maximum. And that only if you aren't planning to put any other images on the same page.

File type is another possible reason. .gif or .jpg I hope?

Re: Pictures

Thanks for information. Had an offer to teach me html. Might take it up. How do I delete unwanted phootos in My Picture.