This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
And NOW MY *&%#@! website is gone!

What the heck is going on? I finally got into the file manager, and it says my files are all gone.

Is this what Bravenet is usually like? I've only been here for a couple of weeks, but this totally sucks.

Tony

Re: And NOW MY *&%#@! website is gone!

All still on-line. Probably a temporary glitch with File Manager.

I agree, this site site is ****.all i've had is problems, you press 'save' and it jsut loses all your work. this is not on.

Says your account is canceled. Did you comply within the limits of Bravenet?

Oh, yes, I definitely complied. I kept copies of all the amazingly idiotic emails that came from the "support" folks, too. My previous computer suffered a software-induced harddrive failure, and I lost a lot of information, including my "username" number, used to sign into FTP.

I went in to update a file on my website, and when I signed in, Managing Hosting was not available for my website. Since no file management was available, I contacted the "support" folks and asked for my numeric username. They then proceeded to argue with me and try to tell me that I should sign on with a different username, that was from an old account inactive for over a year.

I explained this to them, and they steadfastly refused to understand that these were two different accounts and two different websites. I got a supervisor involved, and he was just as stupid as the Level I support person, except he was a little more arrogant.

Ultimately, I had to cancel the account myself, because I was unable to update it or edit anything about it. It was NOT because of non-compliance. It was totally because of non compos mentis on the part of the so-called support personnel as Bravehost.

What should I expect, however, from a free webhosting company? They have no real motivation for being truly supportive, it seems... either that, or no talent at it. I'm not sure which.