This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how do I delete a wizard index.htm page? Help!

Building a site for a friend, she began with wizard not knowing what she was doing--she does not want a wizard site but a custom site which I have done, but can't publish properly as the index.htm address is taken with her wizard site--how do I get rid of the wizard site completely so that I can publish her REAL site? Thanks!

Re: how do I delete a wizard index.htm page? Help!

You can use the File Manager to delete all of the files created by the Website Wizard, but once you initiate a Website Wizard creation in a account, you can't really get rid of it. Unless you completely deleted the website, the Wizard's data base will stay in tact. But that doesn't mean you have to use it anymore.

If you are developing outside of the Website Wizard there is no reason to ever go there again. All functions inside the Wizard, are only for the Wizard and do not apply to anything else. Just use the File Manager to delete the Website Wizard files that you currently see on your site, and then continue developing. Never go back to the Wizard again.

Re: how do I delete a wizard index.htm page? Help!

Martin,

ok, done. All 'wizard' pages deleted through file manager..though still shows 'index.htm' under wizard. I try to change the name of page: majesticgaitindex, which is not a valid link from my other post you answered, to majesticgaitfarm.com/index.htm which is what it should have been in the first place, and it says it cannot change as that file name is already taken. What else do I need to do please? I am close to beyond frustrated...thank you!
Tina