This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i cant figure out how to get started!! I read the getting started page for free accounts and it didn

i NEED help!! i read the getting started page for new accounts but it didnt help at all!! whenever i log in it goes to account manager, but i dont see any link under a group picture (i dont see a group picture either) or what not!! please help me!!

*~CayLa

Re: i cant figure out how to get started!! I read the getting started page for free accounts and it

Well, kudos for actually reading that sticky post. Too bad it's 3 or 4 months out of date. They changed the whole front end a long time ago and never adjusted posting.

But it's all real simple. Here is my version, adjusted for the new look.

1. If you have already registered with Bravenet, log in to your Bravenet Member Account, here:

www.bravenet.com

This is where your web site, and all of your services are managed from.

2. Under the heading Hosting and Domains you should see a icon of a little house. If the link under it says "get hosting", then you haven't registered for a web site yet. Follow the link and register for a free or paid web site. Once you are registered for the web site, the link under the little house will change to say "manage hosting".

3. Clicking on the "manage hosting" link will take you to a page that contains your web site building tools. Across the page you should see the "file manger", the "upload tool", and the "website wizards". Select either the Website Wizards icon or the File Manager icon.

If you are a beginner, I recommend that you start with one of the Website Wizards. The Wizards have some restrictions, but you can move away from the Wizards when you get more experienced. The Red Wizard is Theme based and has some very nice page layouts. The main limitation is 7 pages. The Blue Wizard is Layout based, and a little bit bland, but doesn't have the 7 page limit.

If you have your own template, or upload one of Bravenet's templates, you can use the Visual or Text editors available in the File Manager. Note the warning from Bravenet that, the templates are pre-coded and pre-designed webpages, you only need to add your own text to them. This does require some basic knowledge of HTML and Graphics. To change any of the graphics (buttons, logos, etc..) you will need a graphic editor of your own. Bravenet does not provide one.

Be careful not to mix the File Manage and the Website Wizards. They are not compatible with each other and will only cause confusion.