This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Frontpage publishing problem

I am still getting the error message "Could not find a web server at dunesidecottage.com on port 21. Please check to make sure that the website name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly." when I try to publish using Frontpage. I have disabled my Norton firewall and my XP firewall and added Frontpage on as an allowed program on both.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Frontpage publishing problem

Same here. "Frontpage will not parse" etc; etc; and it isn't on our end. This happened before & it is on the servers end after you checked that Frontpage is on, I am soooooo frustrated!! All you can do is keep clicking, one thing with your error...make sure you "uncheck" SSL. "secure connection required" that *could* cause a problem, good luck

Heya You Need Dreamweaver When You Set-up Yaour Site Did It Say That You Cant Use CheckIn /Check Out Your Server Must Not Like It Saving Files To It UInstead Of Sending You Should Connect To Your Site First The Try Send Them

Thanks PCAngel. SSL is unchecked. I had tried it both ways.

Also, to Rob, Thanks for the idea however I had already tied that one too. no luck. I have tired Frontpage user groups on the Internet and have found other people with the same problem but have not yet found anyone with a solution that has worked for me.