This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
community toolbar

I have created a community toolbar for my site. I have a problem. Every time I click on the sites logo on the toolbar the images on the site can not be displayed. It says, where the images would be located, remote linking is not allowed. Why is that?

Re: community toolbar

I didn't see any community toolbar on your site, but that shouldn't matter.

When you link to images on another site, you are using the other sites bandwidth to display them. On free web sites this is automatically disabled, because they already have limited bandwidth. Many paid sites disable hot linking to help protect their images and bandwidth.

If you have the right to display the images, and want to display them, you should copy them to your own web site and adjust the links properly. This will mean that your bandwidth will be used, not theirs. But, beyond the bandwidth issue, hot linking is never a good idea. If the owner of the images changes their location, your out of luck. Worse yet, the owner could substitute an image that might be very objectional to you, and you won't know about it until your visitors tell you about it.

Re: community toolbar

The images on my site are saved in my file manager. I have not added the community toolbar yet, I would first like to figure out how I can get the images to show. Here is the toolbar link if anyone would like to check it out and see if you can help me. http://OtherKinSSociety.ourtoolbar.com