This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FTP difficulties

When trying to upload files from my computer to the bravehost server via FrontPage's built-in FTP or a third-party FTP program, I get an error message 553: "cannot move or rename file, or file does not exist". Using bravehost's FTP applet, the files transfer fine. Martin? Peter? Steve? Anyone?

Re: FTP difficulties

No idea about using command line driven FTP but a third party program will not take you in to the same point in your account as the applet.

If you have a program that displays the target file structure (such as WS_FTP) then you will see a folder with your url on it. You need to open that before uploading.

Re: FTP difficulties

Peter, you've saved the day. By opening the recipient folder prior to transfer, the transaction was accomplished without a hitch. Thanks!

Please Help.

Greetings!

I have a problem with regards to my FTP connection. I'm currently using the software, "Web Page Maker V.2" I don't know if it is supported by bravenet..or the other way around...I don't know!

Everytime I try to publish my site through the software, this happens...

< 220 This is a private system - No anonymous login
> USER 4090084034
< 331 User 4090084034 OK. Password required
> PASS *******
< 530 Authentication failed, sorry
Unable to establish a connection to server:

Publishing Failed !

By the way, I would like to be informed regarding my "billing history" shown in my account when I actually registered for a free account.

Kindly help me with this misunderstanding.

Thank you very much.

Ricky G.