This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
free web sites

Hi ..this may sound like a stupid question.. but this is my question..

at the present time I have web space with my ISP and use some of the bravenet free things.. on part of my site I offer a service to a Art Craft non profit organization that I'm involved in .. my problem is other Craft outlets want to add a link for my site.. but the address is far to long.. if I open one of the bravenet free sites with a shorter name.. could this act as a new start page and divert traffic to the site I already have running.. Colin

Re: free web sites

Well you might be able to do that.

But why not just do a link to their page.

All you have to do is a "mailto:theirname@yahoo.com"
in the html.

If you have Microsoft Word and know how to make email or hyperlinks then just transfer the code to your page or you can use the code above in the HTML or you can find the code off the net for free.

You can also link to a picture they have.

Re: free web sites

The length of a url should not be a problem when creating a link as most webmasters would copy it from the address bar or an email and paste it into their link. It only becomes an issue when you want people to copy it from print media or to remember it.

You could certainly use a Bravehost page as an entry point. I do the reverse and use Bravehost to archive pages from my main (ad-free) site which is running close to capacity.

Other options would be to use Bravenet's fast URL or to buy a domain name. Check out local options for .au names first. I don't know what the market is like in Oz but I got a better deal buying a .uk name in England than going for a .com