This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Could some one explain FPT to me?

I don't understand anything about it so I will be greatful for all help.

Re: Could some one explain FPT to me?

I have never heard of FPT.

Do you mean FTP? That stands for File Transfer Protocol and is a standard communication method between computers for transferring files from one to the other.

Re: Re: Could some one explain FPT to me?

yea thanx

Since the all knowing Mr. Chapman cannot demean himself to answer your question here you go.

When you log into your Bravenet account click on the manage hosting icon. From there click on the FTP access Icon(looks like a little plug). Once there you
have 2 options. FTP accounts and FTP applet. ( see map on next line)

On the FTP accounts page you will find your logon information for the FTP server. Here you can use Bravenet to open your FTP server or get your log
on ID and passowrd to ust FTP from a third party program. For example I use windows network places to upload all of my files to the FTP server for
website changes and updates. I rarley ever log into Bravenet.

On the FTP Applet page you can open your computer files right on the screen. There will be 1 screen split down the middle. The left ones
shows your local computer files and the right one shows your FTP folder on the server. You can navigate the left screen to find the files you wish
to up load to your FTP server. Highlite the files you wish to tranfer and copy them over to your FTP folder(make sure your FTP folder is open
first.)
NOTE: You must be JAVA enabled to use this option.

Larry, that was an EXCELLENT explanation of the basic concepts of FTP as applied to Bravehost accounts. This forum would be much improved if everyone shared your patience and willingness to help. Keep up the good work.

Re: Re: Could some one explain FPT to me?

Of course the OP was asking what it was not how to use it in a Bravehost context. Stephen answered that in one line.

Ahhh Crap!!!

Thank you macmac for the kind words.