This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
backgrounds on free service

I can only assume with the free service you can't use any fancy backgrounds - only solid colors.

If this is incorrect, can you tell me why my background images won't work.

Thanks

Re: backgrounds on free service

They do work - view source of the page linked above.

Give us some details of what software you are using to create your site and exactly what problems you are experiencing.

Thanks, Peter........

Well, I'm actually making my pages in Word, then saving them as htm or html - then uploading them. Everything works perfectly except the background. For example: I had a background with tiny dots...once uploaded the color was there, but no dots!

Any suggestions, as I don't Frontpage or any of those type programs. I do know how to get the source code by open things with IE........but that still didn't work.

I also tried uploading the backgrounds and inserting them from visual editor - no luck - just a small thumbnail appears and if you enlarge it - doesn't look good at all.

in regards to this topic, if anyone knows what you do to put a picture as ur background on here let me know... i know the html code, and i tried that whole background color = transparent thin, but it didn't work

Browser: youudontneed2kno,2