This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i have made my webpages but i want to rearrange the order they show up on my page

hi
i was making my webpage and i was wondering if i could cnange the order that all of my webpages showed up on my website. i would like to change it and i would really like to get help on this topic
thnx
douglas

Re: i have made my webpages but i want to rearrange the order they show up on my page

This is a really good question. I hope someone answers it soon because I have the same question.

The only thing that I can think of to do is to start over in loading the pages up.

Let me know what you find out! Please.

Re: i have made my webpages but i want to rearrange the order they show up on my page

that was the only way that i though that it could be done and i am a bit annoyed at that but i hope sum1 sould show us how to fix it
there may be an html code you could put in to fix it or some thing but i dont know
and do you know if you can get rid of the two sammler boxes you get on the web pages

thnx
douglas

Douglas I think I have figured it out. Go to the site manager. When you get into the part that list the pages, you will find arrows that point up and down. When you press on these they move the pages.

The only one you cannot move is the index or first page. All rest are moveable I believe.

You figured it out for yourself, but that really doesn't help Douglas. There are two Website Wizards. There is the Website Wizard Themes (Red Wizard) which is what webspeak is using, and the Website Wizard Layouts (Blue Wizard), which is what Douglas is using. Each Wizard has slightly different restrictions. The Red Wizard, for example, allows you to change the order of your pages, but it also limits you to seven pages. The Blue Wizard doesn't limit the number of pages that you can have, but it also doesn't give you the option of re-ordering them. If you are using the Blue Wizard, and don't have more than a couple of yet, it's a pretty simple job to just delete your existing pages and recreate them in the order you want. Any content you might want to preserve can be saved in a text editor on the side, while your setting up the new pages.

If you do this, you might want to think a little on future pages and plan a little ahead. Insert a dummy page, or two, between real pages. Just choose the names carefully, because you won't be able to change them once they are created. But if you decide you don't want them later, you can just delete them.

An experiment you might try is, switching between the Wizards. You can switch from the Red Wizard to the Blue Wizard, and visa versa, without losing your content, by using the "step by step" link. Your content is carried across from one to the other. If you only have a few pages (7 or less), are using the Blue Wizard, and you want to reorder your pages, you might want to try switching to the Red Wizard, reordering the pages, and then switching back. I have done this before, on a test site, but did not study the full effects in detail. But if you only have a few pages, it's much more work than just recreating them.