Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CREATING PAGES BUT DONT WANT THEM IN INDEX COLUMN ON HOME PAGE

Please look at my site on:

http://slfreleases.bravehost.com

Note the index on the home page. I do not want that to change.

Click on studio albums and there is my problem. I want to be able to set up other pages to show the variations of the different albums but i do not want to change the index on the home page.

I want to click on 'variations' and go to another page where all the 'variations' info will be.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re: CREATING PAGES BUT DONT WANT THEM IN INDEX COLUMN ON HOME PAGE

Then you will have to create your extra pages outside of the Website Wizard. Any page created within the Website Wizard will be automatically inserted in the navigation column. You will also find out very shortly that the Website Wizard Themes, which you are using, is limited to 7 pages. One more page and you won't be able to make any more, from within the Website Wizard.

You could go to the File Manager, open your "index.html" page in the editor, and do a "Save As" under a different name, like "variations_01.html". This will create a HTML file that is not in your navigation column. You could then manually create a link to it from within the Website Wizard content editor.

The problem is that you will not be able to edit that page, or any other ones created that way, from the Website Wizard. You will need to use the Visual or Text editors in the File Manager. This is doable and you can create lots of pages, but you will have to manage every detail of those pages individually. As an example, any changes to the navigation column from the Website Wizard, will not be reflected in the extra pages. To make your pages match, you will have to edit each one individually.

Thanks Mate

If I am using notepad how do I put in the link to the page?

Cheers

What do you mean, put in the link to your page? Where do you want the link to go? If you are referring to using one of the new html. pages that you created in your file manager than you can get the url by right clicking on the file - then properties. Copy the url, then go to the members area - manage hosting - manage links or add links, I can't remember right now exactly what it's called but it's one of those, then add the link by pasting the url where it says to add a link, then save. You will then have a link to that page on your website. If that's not what you wanted to know then I'm sorry, just trying to help!!

Hey don't get saying sorry at least you're trying to help me.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Chris

Linda

Its worked!!

Thanks a lot - your good deed for the day!

Chris

I'm glad I could help. You're very welcome.