This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"erasing" the index.html

I am really really new to making websites. I just got microsoft front page 2003 and i want to erase the previously created template thing on my index.html. I know I can't delete the whole thing, but I want to know how to make it blank so i can make the page in FP2003 and use the FTP stuff... I know it's vague but can anyone help??

Re: "erasing" the index.html

Have you tried opening it up selecting all and deleting? Then save....this leaves the file but it is empty and saved as empty. Another thing you might consider is creating the New page as any file and when you are finished and like the new page you can just name it index.html and it will replace the old page....Or you could just save an empty page as index.html and not have to go in and delete anything....There are several ways you can delete--replace or change the index.html the Key is that you have to have the index.html file....thats all and you can name any file index and save it as the index...You can even delete the index and come back later and make a new one.