Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
php install file shows blank page?

Hello,
Hopefully someone can help...
I am trying to get a php/mysql guestbook program to work with bravenet. When trying to install the .php file, I only see a blank page. If anyone wants to see the program I am trying to install here it is http://cbb.clintos.nl/index.php

The steps I have taken so far...

I have chose to have a sql database, which prompted me for a password. This is the only setting up of the database I have done. Then I was shown my four database setting variables, needed for my config.php file which are:(MySql host name, user name, password and database name). When I try to point my browser to the install.php file, I only see a blank page.

In fact, if I go into the file manager and click on these .php files I only see blank pages, where as opening them in the editor shows all the coding.

Is there some type of database file permission that needs to be set to make this script work with bravenet mysql?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: php install file shows blank page?

Make sure that you have the premium package and in the file manager, set your permissions to 755 of the files that need to be installed. I'm not sure which ones but, do that.

Thanks, but in the File Manager there is no way to do this. Any other ideas please?

Did you create a my sql database?

and do you have the premium hosting?

Under the account management, I simply selected the database icon, which then prompted me for a password. Then it gave me the four variables for my database, ex. hostname, username, password, and database name.

What do you think?
Jeff

leaving for work now, but yes I also have the premium package. Thanks so much for your help. Try the program yourself if you want and see if it works with bravenet..
Thanks,
Jeff

I'm sorry. I don't use Bravenet for hosting(i use something else) and I do have php/my sql on my site. I'm not really fimailiar with the premium hosting...

Your welcome I never really came here and helped people. LOL

Actually I'd prefer this guestbook. Viper GuestbookBest Guestbook ever that works with PHP and MY SQL.

to set file permissions got to ftp access, not file manager, right click on nay file, left click properties set permissions