This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
feel stupid need help

Ok I still need help, cant find the original thread sorry for those who tried to help before. I asked bravenet but there answers are short and don’t really help. Here is my question. I redid my site off line, I did manage to get it up loaded and everything is in the file manager, I think that’s what its called. But there is now no site , it said I was not authorized or something. I have figured out by reading some of your helps that one page needs to be called index.html. If I rename the first page will every thing work or am I going to make a bigger mess. If there is more to it can someone please explain very slowly, LOL. Thanks Dawn

Re: feel stupid need help

The home page of most web sites (and all on Bravenet) needs to be saved in a file called index.html

Renaming the file containing your home page will get that page to work but you will then also need to change all of the links back to the home page from all of the other pages so that they will all work properly as well.

Re: feel stupid need help

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! you are the first person that gave me a straight answer to my questions and it worked the first time. My site is up, it needs lots of work but at least there is something. Again thanks Dawn