This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I AM ABOUT TO CALL IT QUITS

Somebody please help. I am having a really hard time buting my site together. The pictures aren't where they are supposed to be and everything looks narrow. Please visit the site and let me know what i am doing wrong. For some reason the picture is in the middle of the page instead of at the top like the template shows. Then when I try to change the font so that the words don't look so meshed together it doesn't change. This is my first time doing this and I am having some seriously frustrating problems. PLEASE HELP www.abookclubforjlanders.bravehost.com

thanks

Browser: visionarydiva1,2

Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I AM ABOUT TO CALL IT QUITS

Hi, Im no pro but ill try to help you.

"For some reason the picture is in the middle of the page instead of at the top like the template shows".

What picture are you talking about? the mickey mouse?

"everything looks narrow" - This is most likely because of the template you chose which has a content table which is long and narrow down the middle.

Did you try different fonts only or did you try different sizes as well? Your fonts are a little too big, you should try bringing them down to a size 2 or 3.

Also... are you using the visual editor? How did you get to where u are at now?

Browser: maximus19792003@hotmail.com,3

Take a step back. Learn how those templates work. That will mean learning some html. It takes about 2 hours to learn the basics.

The site that I have linked above is a good tutorial site but there are lots of others on the web too.

Vision,

I see that your site is a Website Wizard Theme creation. You are doing pretty good so far, even with the limitations of the Website Wizard. What you need to watch out for is the definitions for the various content sections. If you put something in one of the content areas that is too wide, it will push the other content areas out of position.

Your center picture and content area is being pushed down because, the picture in the sidebar section, headed by Reading Group Guides (air.jpg), is too wide. The sidebar is fixed at 180 pixels wide. The image is 176 pixels wide. If you then add on 10 pixels of margin space, the image pushes the other content area down the page. A quick fix for the problem is to reduce the image by 15%. Try adding a width and height setting to the image reference. For example your current image reference says:

Image hosted by Photobucket.comYou were....

Change it to say the following:

Image hosted by Photobucket.comwidth=150px height=196px> You were....

Not that I also put an extra space between the image and the start of your paragraph. This is to allow the first word of the paragraph wrap if necessary.

Martin,

how do you always know when people use the wizard or if they used a template and all that jazz?

You're a pretty savvy guy I must say.

All hail Martin, helper of the n00bs!

lol

Sorry Im not poking fun, well no I am, just not in a mean way u know?

Good job again,
Max

ooops I did it again...

NO im NOT Britney, I just forgot something in my last post ...

Go to www.pageresource.com

They have a very easy step by step guide to learning HTML.

GO vision GO

BYE,
Max

I am also having a terrible time with the Bravenet hosting. I have done Register.com and Tripod.com and have never had to work so hard to figure how to do things to my website. If I had known that this site was not dumby friendly, I would have never signed up.

I am feeling like this brave net thing isn't dumbie friendly and I am going to check out some of the sites that everyone has suggested. Thanks for the help. I am going to try everything before I give up.

Vision