This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Add music?

Once i upload a song to my file manager how do i add the music to my page-and if possible ad it without people having to download it everytime they come to my website

Re: Add music?

I have the same question-help anyone?

Ok, 2 things.

1st, Do you have a free website or is it a premium?

There's quite a difference in answers depending on that fact.

2nd, Most browsers keep pages and it's content in memory sometimes up to 30 days and therefor your song will already be downloaded when it comes to "repeat" visitors. Everyone will have to download it the first time they visit your page though.

Browser: maximus19792003@hotmail.com,3

I am working with the free version, as obviously I'm new at this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ok...

Free users have limited file TYPES and SIZES they can upload...

In the instance of music, free pages only allow ".wav" files and I think 150kbs in size...
Basically thats about a 4-5 sec. soundclip.
If this is ok for you then open your visual editor on the page you'd like to add your sound into...
On the left will be a list of all the files and folders associated with your website...
Highlight and right click the sound file and select "insert into webpage"
This should embed the sound into your page.

Peace out dudes... good luck.
Max

Thank you, M4X1MUS

Browser: sas_sun@hotmail.com,3

Something funny?

Um ya i started this thread...and i found out that i could just add html that has a player so u dont have to download it....but that html i added was for a MIDI file so ya...

First upload the file by the file manager then go to this website so you can get the code for the player on your website without download

here is the address:http://ricocheting.com/js/

and free webhosting support midi files too