This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I can't seem to find my site on any search engine...site has been up for a week?

Anyone have any idea what I may be doing wrong? I joined the free service (first to see if it is decent, and if I want to invest further) and I have worked up a small biz page. But, I can't seem to find my site on any search engine. So, it is NOT reaching the people. Anyone have an idea what I may have done wrong?

Re: I can't seem to find my site on any search engine...site has been up for a week?

I have the same question.maybe we need have a answer from web administrator.

Browser: 333-693-946

Re: I can't seem to find my site on any search engine...site has been up for a week?

Have you added youre site to many search engines??

Even if they have submitted their sites to the search engines, the search engine information will tell you that it can take weeks or months to start turning up in searches. They even say it may never happen. It all depends on when the web bots get around to indexing your site. If you don't have lots of good content and tags in place, you may never show up anywhere.

Make sure that your site is linked to from other sites. An isolated site doesn't get any notice.

Make sure you mention your site accurately on anything you post to the internet. Web bots are constantly searching forums and user groups for this kind of information. You need to make a presence on the net. You can't just wait around to show up.

Re: Re: I can't seem to find my site on any search engine...site has been up for a week?

Sites with quality content and lots of relavent inbound links are the ones that get the top listings. Even if your site does eventually get listed after a month or six, few will find it if it is in position 1000001 for the keywords they are searching for. Most wont even see it if it is position 31.

u have to add it to search engines
go to yahoo.com then type in free search engine submisions

Browser: ,4

Anyway, my guess is that a site with a .bravehost.com extension, or whatever.com extension have around 10.000000 to 1 chance to get a high score in a search engine, even if they have high site rankings, cuz all the sites with no extensions will beat them at the mark.

So, if you want youre site to turn up in a search engine, my #1 would be: get a domain name.

If you've submitted your site, and everything meets their regulations, it could take up to 3 Months before they put it up.

Belive it or not, I found the fastest one to be MSN BOT. To get your site INDEXED with MSN BOT, just do an MSN search for your site. If it's not there, then just click where they prompt you to report what you didn't find, and fill out the 3 areas that you are required. Do this EVERYDAY for about 1-2 weeks, and THEY WILL index your site.