This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trouble with scripts and advertisements...

Hello
I would like to add a "scroller" to my website to bring attention to the latest news. I have tried it but when I do it, through Bravenet's services, it appears with ads. To see what I mean, I put it on a page I am woking on now...http://cyclingcoach.bravehost.com/trialscrollerpage.htm

Basically i want to get rid of the 'exra' advertising... Can someone please help - thanks in advance

Browser: rhys_smith@hotmail.com,3

Re: trouble with scripts and advertisements...

I really don't know what you are talking about. You have a free site so your test page will have advertisments. Every page on your site, whether it's an active part of your site or just a test page, will have advertisments. When you place this scroller on one of your active pages, you will be clipping out only the essential pieces, like the Javascript in the structure and the small

structure that contains the text box. Just clipping out those pieces is not going to add extra advertising to your active page.

If you want it without advertisments, download it to your local PC and test it there. Other than that, the only way to get rid of all advertising is to come up with the ransom for a paid site.

Re: trouble with scripts and advertisements...

well actually i have not only seen it but done it by cutting out the 'extra' advertising!!! But i have no idea how i did it - i was just playing around.

Yes i know the free site will always have ads but surely not the free scroller as well. If you don't know what im talking about, could you leave it to someone who does.

Browser: rhys_smith@hotmail.com,3