This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bought a domain name but cant link it to my site!

Im about to smash this computer! I bought a .com domain name but the website i have made is registered to a bravenet address so how do i transfer my domain name to the website?

Re: bought a domain name but cant link it to my site!

Hi Michelle,
If I read between the lines, would I be correct to guess that you didn't register the domain name with bravenet? If not, you have two choices: 1) transfer that domain name to bravenet, or 2) direct the domain to the IP bravenet would assign you.
Since I don't use bravenet to host I don't know how they work with you. I use bluedomino.com instead of bravenet for one reason: bd provides a toll-free number and a 24/7 live chat for support services. I don't like that you can only email bravenet and then just SIT AND WAIT.
But don't get me wrong ... there are a lot of good things about bravenet (their tools).

Good Luck!

Well i used to use geocities they were really east to use but i used bravenet coz i wanted my own domain name. i bought the name from bravenet and paid $4.97 for it and it shows in the toolbar on the left but have no idea how to link my site to it. i gather i will have to transfer it but you cant do that in the first 45 days. how gay is this! dammit nothing is ever easy!!

You don't have to TRANSFER the registration to bravenet ... that's what the 45 day wait is about ... you merely have to direct the nameservers via the company with which you registered the domain toward the bravenet namerservers.

You need the two nameserver addresses bravenet will provide you, such as:
NS1.bravenet.com
NS2.bravenet.com

and then go to the company site where you registered your domain and they will provide a place for you to enter those two addresses. That company will continue to manage your registered domain name and bravenet will host your website.

Good Luck! {don't worry, it isn't as difficult as I may have made it sound}