General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Introduce yourselves!

Just listened to the Rock Radio interview and it's great to hear that FM are back.

I first saw FM when they supported Magnum at the Glasgow Barrowlands in the mid 80's? and to this day it is still the best opening act I've ever seen.

I went on to see them in few of their own shows and
they always gave a 100%.

Come back to Glasgow soon lads as you can always be sure of a warm welcome in Bonnie Scotland!

Welcome Storyteller!

Lidia
Welcome Storyteller!

Thanks Lidia, I'm going to see Magnum on Monday 26th October at 'The Garage nightclub' in Glasgow. It's a pity FM are not on the bill to make it a really great night!

Cheers for the warm welcome. [:)]

Hoping everyone got home safe n sound!

I'm still grinning like a loon!

[8-)]

Ok here goes twist my (bad) arm up my back why dont ya !

I'm Doddy or Shogo or TheDoddMeister depending who you are on this site. I'm 47 yrs young originally from Newcastle upon Tyne but for the last 24ish years have resided in Colchester. I'm married to the lovely Caroline and have two beautiful Bairns - Alicia 6 and Cameron 4. I'm a Development Product Manager by day and an Apple Mac / iPhone independent developer by night (www.bonedesert.com).

I grew up going to gigs from the tender age of 14 or so. My first gig was Queen -sheer heart attack tour Newcastle - City Hall. My next door neighbour worked for the council and got complementary tickets for gigs if the concert was showing poor sales. Radar Love had just come out and she gave me a ticket to see Golden Earring. Now those that know Golden Earring will know they are from Holland. The special guests on the ticket were a band whose name I couldnt pronounce (and thought would be Dutch too). Turns out it was Lynard Skynard !!!! The place was packed with 1000 punters for Skinard and emptied for Golden Earring.

Suffice it to say up until the age of 21 I was at the City Hall or Mayfair every week seeing Rainbow (with Dio), AC/DC (sans Bonn Scott), Val Halen, Priest, Ted Nugent, Kiss, Scorpions, UFO, Michael Schenker MSG, Magnum (too many sodding times as support), Iron Maiden, Def Lep, Samson (who???) Tygers of Pang Tang, Raven, Y&T to name just a few.

When I was 21 I was seduced by an Essex/German lass and moved down to live with her in Colchester. She was into Nick Cave and Soiuxie so I didnt see much metal or Rock....

Was it Fate Part 1
One weekend my best mate from Newcastle came down to stay for the weekend. My girlfriend had sodded off for the weekend for some reason or other and we were left twiddling our thumbs. I picked up The Sounds and went straight to the gig guide ... Looked at who was playing The Marquee Club and there was this band named FM playing. I said to my mate "I've seen them mentioned in here a few times, havent heard anything of them, I think they are a Swedish Hair Band ...." How wrong could I of been !

The night was Romeos Daughter and FM and they both blew me away and I was hooked. We got back home after that Saturday night and we both kept talking about how good this FM was. I managed to get my girlfriend to go to the next gig I found out about which was at the Astoria (I think) and she was blown away too - now this might be something to do with being incredibly attracted to a certain drummer I dont know.

We travelled all over the country seeing them, Even getting to a meet and greet back stage at our very own Essex University (Colchester). Saw them with White Sister, Sayara to name a few. (Also went to see Romeos a few times too).

Things didnt work out and we went our separate ways during the grunge era.

Was it Fate Part 2
I'm now married, over forty, one child in the nest and another on the way. Surfing the internet I find the FrozenHeart web site. Periodically keeping my finger on the pulse (initailly lurking in the background) but always feeling that something special was gonna happen, that the guys would reform and gig again. Well gut instinct came fact and the rest is history. I couldn't be happier. I've met some awesome people including the band, partnered with Ant in a new venture, Had countless leg pulls with Juppy on twitter, started a Ealing and Colchester WeatherWatch scheme too and managed to have quality conversations with the band along the way (and a few hangovers now too can be added to the list of FM achievements).

New friends and new experiences are always exciting and fate has certainly been kind to me in that respect.

Long may it continue. I have friends for life.

PS.
Never seen the boys support anyone - and thats how it should be.
Doddy

Nice to meet you Doddy [:)][:)][:)]

I may get around introducing myself at some point!

Hi, Philip Schofield ( yep there's more than one!)
45 years old & I live in Wigan lancashire
I currently work as a trainer helping our glorious 16 to 18 year olds who are mainly school dropouts to find work.

I first saw the boys back in the early 80's support Gary Moore.
Back then I also was a rock DJ at Maximes in Wigan along with my best buddy (and best man)Martin Lowe & thats when the opportunity to book the band was realised.
In 93 we got UFO to perform at the same venue.

Jem played keyboards with Mogg & the boys & after putting a lavish spread on to impresss them & numerous follow up calls to Merv we persuaded FM to do an acoustic set up north.

I'd actually seen Merv as a 16 year old with Streetfighter in Blackpool along with a Mr John Sykes on guitar ! ( I reminded Merv of this recently & we both mused over how time has flown.

Anyways the first Maximes gig went well & I spent alot of time & energy in ensuring they got the repsect they deserved. I even remember lugging four shiny bar stools half a mile across town from another pub to add to the acoustic performance!

This led the boys to repay with a performance of Taking it to the Streets full blown electric set later that year.
Since the bands sad demise in the late 90's my only contact was a chance meet with Andy Barnett & his Barnstormers in the noughties whereupon I reminded him of leaving a prize guitar behind at Maximes, probably due to the copious amounts of Budweiser he drank from the rider!

This year Anthony hooked me up with the band at their Winstanley gig & it was great to chat with the guys & new boy Jim who was truly aware of the shoes he was filling.
Firefest was a blur & hopefully the new stuff certainly heralds a new chapter in FM'S history.

Paul's had his turn thought I'd better say a little something too.
Married,feeling old with 3 children now between 23-27 from previous relationship,3 grandsons and 1 grandaughter and another on the way next year.
Oh! And our 3 cats still at home.
Receptionist/Administrator working at the same place as hubby Paul.
Before meeting my hubby back in 88'
I was more into music like Donny Osmond,David Essex,David Bowie, Bay City Rollers and the old classic's like Roy Orbison & Gene Pitney. I can brag that I've seen all but the Big O Roy. I can hear you all laughing!! [:-D]
Paul soon got me into F.M. taking me to every local gig the lads did,Burnley Manaic's,Colne Municiple and many others. We didn't have vehicles back in the olden days [:)s].
I was hooked, like an addiction. I still need my medicine 21 years later!
After every gig the lads would come out and always spend time meeting their fans. AND they always remembered you the next time they saw you. The lads have always given 150% and more into their performances and making sure the fans enjoy it too.
Me and my beloved married in 98' and had Closer to Heaven as OUR song, everyone was crying,aww! The D.J. thought their songs were fantastic,as he'd played a lot during the evening, he'd never heard of F.M, well he sure has now!
My children have grown up with F.M. we also took daughter Jemma to Wigan and finally she got the meet the lads she'd listened to for years,the kids also have the New Wildside C.D signed as a X-mas present. They'll love it!
Hugs & kisses to everyone!
Till we meet again!
Toni x

paul & toni
....New Wildside C.D signed as a X-mas present. They'll love it!
Hugs & kisses to everyone!
Till we meet again!
Toni x

What ?

You mean Santa doesn't bring signed EP's afterall ?

Right ! I'm off to write to my EuroMP (complaints Dept) not having that !

:D

wow - thought FM had long gone. Anyway, I'm a 40 something Structural Engineer from Glasgow. Was a massive FM fan all those years ago and Indiscreet and Tough it Out still make my I-Pod :)

A Glasgow gig please guys in near future. Can't wait!

Welcome to the fold Kenny.
Small world, i'm a Structural Engineer down here in wet & wild South Wales.[:)]

1 2 3 4 5