: Known FM since 1994-ish.

will do nicely. [:)]

Just country/part of UK, profession
(no details needed, ie. "construction" will do),
gender and age group. [:)s]
Oh - and when you learned about FM.

We already are a nice bunch (says Steve O.),
a crazy bunch (says Tom),
let's become a nice, tightly knitted crazy bunch!

/Bo Braendstrup.

Hope to see as many of you
as possible in Nottingham. [8-)]

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Afternoon all - thought I should join the few !

James Kershaw, sadly now 40, married with two kids (6 year old twins) - originally from Leicester, now in West Midlands.

First saw FM supporting Gay Moore at Leicester's De Montfort Hall in (I think) September 1985, then the first headline show I saw was at the Princess Charlotte Pub in Leicester in early 1986 (again I think).

Saw loads of shows with Chris O on guitar (20 or more at a guess) - and only 3 or 4 with Andy (not the same for me I'm afraid - although I do love the Aphrodisiac album), and one now with Jim at the college !

Coupe of quick memories, Marquee club in London two fantastic Christmas shows in 1986, several shows at a Club in Burton on Trent - particularly one where after watching England play football on TV with the band in the bar before the show, left down some dodgy spiral stairs at the back of the club after the show (and drinks) with them, only to lose my footing and was very grateful to Pete for grabbing me before falling down the rest of the way ! Also the Tough it Out tour where I saw 7 or 8 shows and met some great people along the way, particularly in Oxford as I remember for some reason.

The band were always great with us fans - still are if the recent college show is anything to go by, and most FM fans are a great bunch too, even if we are getting on in years now - as Pete said to me in March seeing some old faces there is like an old school reunion after 24 years now !

Originally a Banker by trade, now work as Director of International Sales for a US credit card processing company - but still love my music and concerts - hope to be at Firefest later in the year, it will do well to top last time, but no doubt the boys will.

Cheers, James

Hey all

I'm Ant, I am married with a 17 year old step-son and a 3 year old daughter. I work at Winstanley College as the Web Services Manager and I have done this for nearly 10 years now.

FM were the first band I saw live supporting Status Quo at the GMEX in Manchester, I was 16 at the time.

I remember arriving late at the gig due to a coach load of Quo fans wrecking the vehicle, but once I arrived I was hooked on Stiv's voice and Andy's, Merv's and Pete's showmanship. They totally blew Quo off stage...

I then decided to purchase anything FM I could the following day, I was totally hooked!

I spent the following years up until the bands split attempting to watch them whenever and wherever I could. Plenty of times dragging my mates around, bombing around in our Mini 850's.

Great moments include gigs at Colne Municipal Hall, an after show drink at Burnley Mechanics and long chats with the band at Preston's Aquaduct Mill.

I fondly remember buying Pete a pint at Maximes in Wigan, and while he sat drinking with us we were all too shy to say anything and Pete drank his drink and left...We were all a bit starstruck and in awe.

Removing my shyness happened at one of the bands famous acoustic gigs at Southport Manhatten Nights. I was absolutely leathered and positioned myself at the front, Andy quite often would hand me the mic to sing along in a drunken state.

The guys were always great to the fans, and to me that was so much of the appeal. No egos, great hard working guys who always put on an incredible show. And I would champion the band continously.

This is how the Frozenheart website came about. The band were no more and the internet had really started taking off, so I really wanted to create a place that FM fans could call their own. Add photos and share their memories. I am very proud of the success of Frozenheart, in a way it kept their name going in their absence. And in a way I hope it offered a little encouragement to the band to make their comeback.

There were also many many nights spent chatting to Dave T on the phone, working out how to get the boys back on stage (as he has mentioned earlier). We never realised that eventually they would come back to write a new album too!

After I gave the site to Craig (who has certainly done an incredible job), I was incredibly proud to see FM Frozenheart.co.uk t-shirts worn by fans at Firefest IV. That was incredible for me.

Also thanks to that site, I have gotten to know the band personally over the past 2-3 years and I can now call each member a personal friend of mine.

I continue to work hard for the band but now in a more pro-active way. After creating the multimedia for the screens at Firefest IV, I am now involved extremely heavily in a lot the band are working on. And it's a huge buzz and an absolute honour.

Setting up and arranging the Winstanley College gig was also a fantastic buzz. The thrill of hearing that FM's allocation had sold out in 15 mins and people were travelling to the college from as far out as Denmark, Finland and Dubai!! Everyone worked so hard on the project and although mistakes were made, it wes a great success.

Then there was the video shoot in Crewe the other week, everything went so well. I had great help with the direction to the lights to the actual filming from a fantastic crew. And I am now heavily involved in the editing to get it all ready for its release.

I have enjoyed it so much infact, that I am hopeful I can use my skills working with other bands and artists...I mean is there anything better than working with your passion (mine being music)??

My blogs, twitter details and my prices [:)s] can be found at http://www.dragonseyes.co.uk

Roll on October 24th...you may see me buzzing around Rock City with a camera...so you may get interviewed (yes another project).

My thanks to both James K. and Ant.
Just what I wanted to see.
Anybody else? [8-)]

Hi peeps, a few of you know me from the other forums....
Simon, 39 (well will be in a few weeks) from a little town called Boston in Lincolnshire.
Recently worked for the MOD in air traffic mainly doing the weather and telling the pilots where their bombs landed (a target range for aircraft)
Now work for a water authority for flood defence.
Also had a computer business for many years, now like to buy and sell bits n bobs!

Love cars and bikes and been known to play a little cricket.

Fell in love with FM when Tough it Out was released and like most fans bought every piece of material I could lay my grubby little mits on. Saw them first in Rock City and countless other gigs,

Currently in my car cd player I have, Sting, Aphrodisiac, Firefest live, Incubus, Toto and ABBA (yes ABBA!)

Live with my long standing G/friend of 18years no kids just a new collie pup, we love our animals.

Right back to my Whiskey,

Next....!!!

Hey there's nothing wrong with ABBA - they're the best popgroup ever![8-)] I used to be big fan when I was younger, and when I saw the trailer of Mamma Mia @ movies I started to cry (I went to see the movie 4 times at the movies - haven't even count how many times I have seen it on DVD)

Okay, the introducion part!

I'm Ede, 28 year old girl from Finland and besides music the biggest passion in my life is Africa and it's wildlife. I have studied to be a zookeeper and have worked on three zoos. Now I'm working as a post officer: I like it but I still have my dream that someday I can make tv documentaries and be "Jacques Cousteau of Serengeti"[o:)]

I live in Vantaa, right next to capital city Helsinki and I have now one female dog sharing my house with me. I used to have rabbit, 2 cats, few rats and 2 male dogs and I have also worked with horses but I quit when my aunt's horse passed away.

I think I'm still quite "green" when it comes to music, even I have been a fan of Queen, ABBA, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard and ZZ Top: thanks goes to boys from Texas that I found FM! So I bought a ZZ Top tribute album january 2001 and that was it! No need to tell how big impression the first song make, I was hooked! At the time, it was very difficult to get any information, but that didn't stop me.

And what can I say, here I am now![8-)]

My name is Glynn Lowrie and I am a 44 year old tram driver from Sheffield.I got into FM thanks to a schoolmate and had given up hope until the Firefest reunion,which I attended(I`m on the DVD if you don`t blink).Lots of my fave bands are retired/dead(Lizzy,Thunder etc)and I have had to trawl HMV for new stuff.I like the Donnas,Heavens Basement and Dragonforce and am going to see Skin and Skunk Anansie on their reunion tours.I saw FM support Quo at Sheffield Arena and stunned the faithful by singing all the words while they sat arms folded!Thought I`d better introduce myself before I got thrown out of the FM Premier League for being an imposter

HOLA I'm STU from Hebburn tyne & wear,
i am a 40 year old upholsterer who is sick of factory work and im going to have a go at care work.
lived in spain for a few years but my mrs. got sick of the heat so we moved back to uk in 2006.
found out about the frozenheart website while in spain so got quite a few c.d's sent over from townsend records.
First saw F.M. in 85' at the Newcastle city hall supporting Gary Moore and was blown away by them.
Went out at found frozen heart 12" and that was it (hooked)
seen then loads of times at the city hall/mayfair and riverside.I remember once getting bored watching magnum so went into the bar at the city hall and the guys were there,
after building up some courage i went over to ask for autographs but it was no bother to them, Pete even telling me his middle name was Stuart.[:)]my musical taste has changed a lot over the years but i will always be a F.M. fan.

This is a really cool thread (is this the right term?) I'm loving it! More please![8-)]

Oh alright then as you asked Pete!!!

I'm Craig, 39 years old originally from Altrincham in Cheshire and now in Toronto, Canada via Burnley, Hemel Hempstead, Abu Dhabi (UAE), Hemel Hempstead (again) and a small village in Suffolk between Colchester & Ipswich.

My first experience of FM was at Hammersmith Odeon on either 27th or 28th September 1985 (thank god for the internet on that one). At the time I was 15 and spotted the date in NME about a week before the gig. I asked a mate, Darren, if he was interested in going – he was. The things that stood out for both of us were the vocals, the harmonies and the lead singers spangly blue Strat shining straight back at us two rows from the back of the circle in Hammy O, that and the wonderful Phillip Lynott performing with Gary Moore that night, the only time I ever saw him live.

Roll on a few months to the following Spring and I heard by chance a song on Radio 1, That Girl. I thought I recognised it so tracked it down in my local independent record store (remember those?) and low and behold the journey was just starting. More scanning of NME / Melody Maker etc showed that FM were playing at The Marquee on Wardour St. in the very near future. Darren and I headed off to see if the band we thought were pretty good in support were any good as a headliner. Over the next 12 – 18 months Darren I must have seen the band at The Marquee more times than I care to remember, including Xmas gigs and the live recording of Let Love Be The Leader which was released as the B-side to the studio track. We even went to the British Music Fair just cos Pete was appearing on one of the stands!

As the band progressed onto The Astoria, so did we and the band of us that went to see the boys grew from 2 to 4. Hammy O’ on the Tough it Out was the peak that ‘our’ band were just about to make it. Then Chris left. I went off to college in Coventry.

I saw the band after Andy joined a number times though never as much as I did in the ‘early days’. This is no detriment to the music the band were producing or Andy’s style – I always loved his playing and the little added touches he brought to a show. In 1995 I married Erica and our first dance was Closer To Heaven. Bloody marvellous tune!
Roll forward a few years, the band had gone their own ways, I found the So! site set up by Dave T and from there got ‘chatting’ to Toni & Paul –I have no idea when this was, maybe 1999 / 2000???

So! came and went and Ant’s site at Frozenheart.co.uk was the place where FM band member news was available. When Ant was debating what to do with the site he offered it to me to look after – something I’ve neglected recently but I will try and kick it into some sort of shape before the new album is out.

I took the site on and within 3 months the first Firefest gig was announced – I had Kieran on the phone telling me FM were playing, the news was unbelievable. As a result of being involved in the site I also got the odd call from Pete, something I do miss, since we’re now in Canada and also started to speak to Dave T and Ant more often. One of the bonuses of being involved in the site was that Kieran asked me to see what the interest was in a Meet & Great at Firefest. I gave him the names and he drew them out of a hat with mine and my wife Erica’s names a certainty on the list!

The great part for me that night was meeting the boys properly for the first time ever, except for Pete. They all knew who I was and who Erica was, something which surprised me but didn’t surprise me. I always got the impression that the band were a decent bunch and this proved it and more. The night was just amazing and we even managed to sidle our way to the front row for the gig. Seeing the faces of others around us and more importantly the band themselves was more than worth the entrance money and it took me right back to ’86 & ’87 when I used to get on the front row at The Marquee with Darren. The saddest part for me that night was not having Darren there, he’d passed away the year before after complications following a heart transplant a number of years before that. At the after show speaking to the guys was just the icing on an already perfect cake. The fact they so obviously enjoyed themselves was evident and here we are today … anticipating more of the same.

I also set up the band’s MySpace page – which really needs some new music on it Pete!!!!!! – which I try and keep on top of when things allow. I do because I love the band and what they’ve done over the years, go bless ‘em and long may it continue!

I really wish I could be in Nottingham in October but finances just won’t allow it – I just hope I get to see FM again!!!!

Can i suggest that this thread is pinned at the top of the board[8-)]

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9