General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Introduce yourselves!

Oh well!

I'm trying to be nice, and what happens?
Scolded by the very persons that I try to
keep out of trouble.

Be nice, girls. Hope to see you
in February. Yes, you too Rachel!

Lidia, what does "MOH" mean?
Is it close to "BOFH"?
[Bastard Operator From Hell]

/Bo Braendstrup.

Ok - my turn I suppose..!

I'm Paul, and I'm 36 from Basingstoke in Hampshire. I first saw FM support Status Quo in 1991 in Bournemouth, and was hooked from that day on.

I went out the next day and bought all the FM stuff I could find - but sadly never got to see them live again for one reason or another.

The Status Quo obsession has continued, having just returned from seeing them a couple of times on this year's winter tour with one more gig to go... but I was over the moon to see FM reforming and bought the Back In The Saddle DVD on the day of release - it was awesome!

Looking forward to Metropolis, love Wildside, and am looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Roadhouse in Feb - tickets have been purchased, hotel room booked - all that remains is for me to beg my boss for the following Monday off work..! [:-?]

Welcome Paul, nice to see you've stumbled across all things FM!
Great to hear you doing the album launch. See ya there!

thought i`d better get round to introducing us, Stuart and Debbie from Whitstable. Stuart(me) been a fan since 1986 seen shows in Folkestone, London and Nottingham (both Firefest shows), London shows include Marquee, Astoria and Town & Country Club gigs. I work for Network Rail as a signaller in Canterbury. On to my better half Debbie, she has listened to enough FM over the years to want to come to shows with me now(only 1 FM show to her name), she works as a Sister on the childrens ward at Ashford hospital. We are both looking forward to the album launch show in Feb, just got to sort a hotel..... look forward to meeting others at the show

Later than most, but we are tom and anne from west cumbria. We have followed FM since indiscreet, first seeing them at 'newcastle city hall' on the 'tough it out' tour. We went on to see them at a small rock club near carnforth called 'Graingers' a couple of times, the 'Riverside' in Newcastle, then seeing them unplugged i think a couple of times in workington, not seeing them again until Firefest 2008. We went to the Metropolis launch at the 'Roadhouse'.We appear in the front row on the 'back in the saddle' dvd which was a good plus for us. We are 50~ish aor music lovers who travel in our campervan looking for live music wherever we arrive. We have seen most of our favourites now, but are always keen to add favourites to our growing list. One of our latest finds are a little known californian band called 'Venice'Very popular in Holland,softer than FM but as vocally appealling, having two lead vocalists not dissimilar to Steely Dan, Eagles, CSNY, Beach Boys even The Beatles. Worth a check on venicecentral.com.
Any live music info near campsites northern uk would be most welcome,
regards Tom and Anne.

Welcome Tom and Anne! If you get the chance join us on the FM chatroom, first Thursday of every month at 7pm to discuss all things FM. Just click the 'chat' logo on the homepage....

Hi everyone,
saw the thread and thought it was also time for me to shout Helloooooooo.

im Andy,
40years old from coalville in leicester.
a warehouse bloke for eddie stobart originally nestle here in coalville.
im in my 14th year here so just about got the hang of it.
i aint got no out n out family to call my own only my close family that i love and sometimes get wound up by every now and again but hey! who doesnt and where would we be without them.

right, anyway...
i first got into the mighty FM way back when my great mate john shoved a copy of the tough it out album in my hand and told me to go play it.which i did within probably minutes of getting it. (string of events may differ as times gone by cus the memory is abit shot) LOL

but from that 1st listen to present day, i have remained a massive fan of the band and individual side projects that have taken place.

what i can just remember is seeing FM on stage at rock city nottingham way back in the early 90's i think it was. (so wish i had a better brain!)LOL

i remember after the gig, waiting for the band to come out and say hi, eventually, cold and tired, we got our wish. had a fantastic relaxed chat and a laugh with them all,, except didge whome earlier drove off in his little ford fiesta i think it was (Rock n Roll)..NOT!!!
and i always remember the tour bus being jam packed with cans of budweiser, which i guess is abit of a strange memory to have when you wait forever to see your heros!!lol.
but that amongst many things just added to my overall love of the band from that 1st listen to T.I.O and Indiscreet to right now, waiting for Metroplolis. my love has never gone away
and seeing the band last sunday at the reunion gig in covent garden just got me BURNING MY HEART DOWN again and reignighted my faith in great british melodic rock.

lots of memories and good times attached to FM
and i have to say a big thanx to the guys for making the music and also to my pal john that introdced me to them in the 1st place.

take care all.
Andy B[:|][:-D]

Hi everyone. My name's Jo, but I answer to pretty much everything. Live in London (best city in the world) and if I tell you what I do for a living, you'll all kill me!!

I've been in and around rock music of all types pretty much since I was a teenager (and no, I'm not saying when that was!) The first time I really came to realise that I was a rocker through and through was listening to Meatloaf's Bat Out of Hell on my mates portable record player! I was hooked.
One night, a mate asked if I'd like to go to a gig... I didn't know what I was letting myself in for. Funny bunch of goodlooking, long haired guys (don't tell him I said that!!) who could actually play and went by the name Midnight Blue! They split just after I saw them, and I almost forgot about them!!
Went to see Status Quo in Telford (in the ice rink and all they'd done was cover the ice - its was friggin freezing!!) and became very interested in their support band, FM (I was SURE I recognised that singer... home that night, sift through ticket stubs, phone calls to rock mates the next day, ah yes... that would be Wildfire, seen in the midlands somewhere a few years before when I consumed far to much alchihole!!!)
I began following FM (amongst other bands, including Skin with whom I had the pleasure of working with for a few months in 1998 - their farewell-ish tour
!) and due to friends in clubs was able to meet the guys a couple of times... well, there was this one night in 1992 in London, but we won't go there!! [:))])
Was surprised when Steve and the boys announced a new permie keyboard player in 1994... none other than the long haired lout from years ago, Mr Davis. One of my mates was working as security in the Marquee and I would help out from time to time when the females would get a bit... rowdy (yes, it happened in those days too!!) We were asked to help out at a club in Norwich one night in 1995 and I'd just got to the club when I (literally) tripped over an amp that some daft twit had put right behind me! I begin swearing and then stopped... as the owner of the amp turned out to be Mr Davis!! I turned the swearing into stuttering and salvaged what's left of my dignity by picking up the amp and asking "well where'd'ya want this then?" For the rest of that tour (which turned out sadly to be the farewell tour - or so we thought!!), when shifts allowed, and if the gig was in the south of england, I'd be there plugging and unplugging cables, lifting boxes and supplying more alchihole! Because Jem likes to set up his own keys (understandably) it was normally my job to secure the beer whilst everyone else was running around like blue-arsed-flies!!!! (The afternoon sitting on the bus outside the Southend Esplanade waiting for someone with keys was hysterically funny... NOT!)
That was a long time ago... although following the Roadhouse, it seems like yesterday!!
I've made a lot of friends through music over the years, but that night at the Roadhouse was something special... without being overemotional, it felt like coming home (and I have to thank Jem, Steve C and Smudge for that!)
Long live decent bloody rock music that lifts the soul, makes us forget that real life can be shitty sometimes and makes us feel gooood!!

Oh, and guys (FM) keep going this time, or I'm going to get really peed off!!! [:)]

Welcome to the forum Andy and Jo!

Agreed, the Roadhouse was indeed a very special night, one I don't think any of us will ever forget. You know what? In so many ways it was like coming home for me too, and I don't mind getting overemotional about it, I think everyone expects that from me by now! [:D]

Hi my name is Kim and I was born in West London.

My favourite FM album is 'Aphrodisiac'.

I first heard about FM when I heard the single ‘Frozen Heart’ being played on the radio in 1985 and thought who’s that? I immediately bought the ‘Indiscreet’ album on vinyl and the cassette for the car.

My first FM gig was at the Astoria in 1989. The second was at Hammersmith Odeon on the 3rd of November 1989 also for the ‘Tough It Out Tour’. I also asked a couple of friends to come along and they were instantly converted FM fans. Finally I saw them on the 2nd of March 1992 for the ‘Takin’ It to the Streets Tour’. I didn’t see them again until 17 years later at the Roundhouse this year.

In between the FM reunion I had seen Steve and Pete’s band ‘SO’ and their covers band in London. I also went to see Merv’s Slaves and Andy’s band the Barnstormers with Doogie White. I always hoped FM would reunite but I never really thought it would ever happen. Unfortunately I missed the first reunion gig at Firefest but made it to the Roadhouse and found it so emotional to see them again after all these years.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10