General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What song are you listening to?

Isn't it way past your bedtime young man?

I can just see Mariah doing a duet with Brucie, well he did sing with Monserrat Caballe so after that anything goes!

I think it's way past YOUR bedtime if you're calling me a young man Lid!! [:))]

Nobody's Fool from Dead Man's Shoes, i just lurve the groove on that song

I'll let you into a little secret ...

For the past 3 months I have listened almost exclusively to a single tune when driving short distances. I have no idea why, but something about this tune has given me great comfort and prepared me for what was happening in my life.

The song, well its an instrumental actually. Dave Meniketti (Y&T) I'll cry for you - I've listened to the live version thats present on Y&T's current DVD.

There is something incredibly soulful and subtle to DM's soloing when he plays the blues ... almost haunting in my mind anyway.

Shogo

It's strange how evocative of certain situations or places or people music can be...sometimes without any real reason or logic.

'Don't Say You Love Me' by Free reminds me of when my Dad died 15 years ago. Not because it was lyrically relevant to his passing or even because he liked it (he was very old fashioned, liked Harry Secombe!) but because I listened to it just after he'd gone.

I sat alone at home with a bottle of vodka just after he died and listened to a compilation tape I'd made with that song on and it just moved me. I think part of it was due to the 'I lost the warmth in my life' lyric.

Loadsa songs on the other hand remind me of my Mam. Stuff she liked that I didn't care too much for in her lifetime but let her play for me because she loved them. Because I loved her and they were part of the soundtrack to my life, they are now songs I find myself listening to and liking!

Even Jim Reeves!!

When I rang my brother in Corfu to tell him our Mam had died he was listening to a dance song by Morandi called 'Colours', and he listens to it constantly now because it reminds him of her, especially with the 'beautiful colours' lyric.

Music can be such a special thing, It has helped forge friendships on this very site, can evoke such strong emotions and provoke life changing decisions....

Hope it's been some comfort to you in your dark hour Doddy, as it has been to me lately.

Here's to beautiful people and beautiful music....

[Angel] [Angel]

Well put Tom,

I know exactly what you mean by event (rather than incidental) music. I keep finding myself humming or whistling "(Somewhere) Over The Rainbow". It was the last song my mum sang in her final week to show my mother-in-law that she knew all the words.

Funny enough its a song she used to sing to me to get me to sleep when I was a nipper.

And it's a lovely song mate!

I always try to open my mind to music and other people's tastes in general. After all lots of people take comfort and joy from so many different things. And if a certain song meant something....anything to someone I love then that's reason enough for me to give it a listen.... [:)]

Hope ya doing well Doddy and will hopefully see you at the Metropolis bash!

Tom Richardson
And it's a lovely song mate!

I always try to open my mind to music and other people's tastes in general. After all lots of people take comfort and joy from so many different things. And if a certain song meant something....anything to someone I love then that's reason enough for me to give it a listen.... [:)]

Hope ya doing well Doddy and will hopefully see you at the Metropolis bash!

Might be up North before Christmas for an overnight stay. If you fancy a pint or 7 in the toon send me your contact details via email.

Email sent mate! Trillians is the best rockin' little bar in the north, let's hope our schedules coincide!

thousand foot krutch - fire it up

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10