General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: STEVE OVERLAND SOLO ALBUM IN MAY

And about 'Heartache Calling' it is very Journey sounding I love it! I can actually imagine Steve singing Journey songs fantastic! and better than that new Arnel Pineda guy for a start. heheh

H.M.V. have BREAKAWAY for £ 8.99 pre order, comes out on the 19th not the 21st. just incase the FM shop doesn't open in time. but i might hang on for a signed copy. Can't seem to find much info on Escape music's site ( no mp3 samples ) unless i'm looking in the wrong place.

I'm waiting for the signed copy!

I have been in contact with cdon.com (where I have ordered few times) cause they seems to have it on "coming on sale" list but they won't take any pre-orders so they just lost one buyer (Okay, the real reason is that I want that autograph! )

And, next weekend is Steve Overland interview on ARFM's Steve Price show so be sure that you won't miss it

only can say one thing about "break away"...

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT SOUND, GREAT VOICE, MODERN, MELODIC, if you like it Sacred...this disc like you so much !

On the first listen the disc leave´s frozen, but on the second and third listen...WUAYYYYYYYYYY..the disc grown and grown and grown....

thanks steve for your voice, is fantastic listen you..
Don´t stop please, dont stop

A millon thanks steve !

Apparently there's a good review of the album in this month's Classic Rock Magazine. If I get chancve later I'll get a copy and copy it!!!!

From Classic Rock Magazine by Dave Ling

Overland - Breakaway

Better late than never.

How odd that Steve Overland whose career began with Wildlife in the early 80's and now enters a new stage with the reunited FM, took this long to release a solo album.

With backing from various members of Swedish pomp-rock combo Grand Illusion, the Bissonette brothers (of David Lee Roth fame) rhythm section and fellow Englishman Steve Newman, Break Away isn’t quite the pure-AOR gem that mouthwatering early reports suggested, but it’s as close as his present musical taste will allow him to get. The pristine hi-tech pop-rock of This Time and Like A River certainly makes FM’s 1995 swansong Dead Man’s Shoes sound risible. Stirringly soulful throughout, Overland’s voice on album showstopper Look Into Your Eyes will bring up the goosebumps.
8/10

The shop is now open!

I buy the Steve CD´S now !!!!!
I hope this cd´s signed for Steve !!!!!

1 2 3