General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Setlist Spring Clean

Doddy (Shogo)
Tough it out - Yes please.

My little boy wants The Volcano Song ...

... Bad Luck finding the lava ... ;-)

[:-D][:-D][:-D][:-D][:-D]

Oh yes.. out go Frozen Heart & Grapevine... enoughs enough with those two now...

Bring back
DANGEROUS and ....
wait for it ...

wait for it......

SAY IT LIKE IT IS!! quality...or is that just me.[:)s]

Interesting you'd pick Frozen Heart Paul. Yep, I'd enjoy Say it Like It Is again for sure.

When I posted my suggestions a couple of weeks back I received an email almost instantly berating me for my choices. So I turned the tables on the writer (there's a clue) of said email and asked them if they could only have 2 songs from Indiscreet in the set, which ones would they be? They couldn't answer me...

Trouble is FM have too many great songs. What a problem to have eh peeps?

Ideally I would have a show where they played every single song from every album but as that would take a week and will probably never happen, I will settle for Rachel's idea of an extended set. Instead of the bar break in the middle however, I would have an acoustic section for all the tear-jerking acoustic versions of songs. Free man-size Kleenex will be handed out of course, and for those with delicate eyes and noses we could even have the tissues with added moisturiser!

What a mighty set that would be,but i'm sure that some songs will get played on the wrong day[Banghead]
How about a gig of covers, pick one song not already done by the band. I'll have... eerr!..
Bad case of loving you - Robert Palmer [HighFive][Dance-Twist][Dance-Disco][HighFive]

I really wanna hear Dangerous live but I hear they don't play it no more[:-|]

With regards to Frozen heart, i know it got to number 41 on the charts and what not, but i'm just bored with it now. Don't get me wrong, good song and all, but it's just in my opinion had its day now.

There are numerous songs i'd love to see in the set again, but that one for me has to come out and make way....

i'm listening to Dangerous live as we speak.. Quality...!!

each to their own, it'd be a boring world if we were all the same.....[:)s]

As some of you know (who follow me on Facebook) I've started an exercise regime and I publish the routes and stats via my iPhone via excellent app called SprintGPS (No I didnt write it so this isnt self-publishising).

The app allows me to choose music from my iPod to ease to boredom in the saddle so to speak. I generally just allow SprintGPS to randomise my entire music collection.

On two recent trips both Tattoo Needle and Crack Alley have been played. The more I hear the latter the more I wish it was in the setlist.

Come on boys - do an ageing Mountain Biker a favour please *wink wink*

Lidia
When I posted my suggestions a couple of weeks back I received an email almost instantly berating me for my choices. So I turned the tables on the writer (there's a clue) of said email and asked them if they could only have 2 songs from Indiscreet in the set, which ones would they be? They couldn't answer me...

Trouble is FM have too many great songs. What a problem to have eh peeps?

Ideally I would have a show where they played every single song from every album but as that would take a week and will probably never happen, I will settle for Rachel's idea of an extended set. Instead of the bar break in the middle however, I would have an acoustic section for all the tear-jerking acoustic versions of songs. Free man-size Kleenex will be handed out of course, and for those with delicate eyes and noses we could even have the tissues with added moisturiser!

Sorry Lidia, but I'm afraid I'm siding with the writer of the email. That Girl most definitely stays in my book. The lead break is just too delicious (and I've loved Chris', Andy's & Jim's versions all for different reasons).

THE SONG STAYS ALRIGHT !!!!!

[:D]

Ok Dodders, I'll ask you the same question, only 2 songs from Indiscreet, which ones would they be? I love Frozen Heart, That Girl and Face To Face with a passion, as most of us do but out of the three, in a live situation I would most like to hear Face To Face. Unless of course my wish comes true for an extended set with acoustic middle section - then the new acoustic version of That Girl will be a most welcome addition!

How's that for a compromise?

Sorry to the writer of previously mentioned email but with a Heavy Heart I still say Frozen Heart stays out! There are too many fabulous songs from other albums (and indeed from Indiscreet) which we don't get the chance to hear live....

1 2 3