Welcome to my forum connected to countdownmemories.com

Discuss everything COUNTDOWN and beyond!

Countdown Episodes * 70s & 80s Australian Music Programs * Music Video * Molly
Trading *  Collecting * Archival Information * Record/CD releases and more .........

COUNTDOWN IS BACK THIS JANUARY, 2019 ...  ON rage !!!!!
Stay tuned below with regular Countdown full archival information for each Countdown episode rage shall be airing every Saturday throughout January ...

Countdownmemories.com forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My call to rage this afternoon

So, I just called the ABC and mentioned to them that the April 11th, 1982 episode that was supposed to be played was not played and that April 17th, 1982 was played instead hosed by Duran Duran.

Basically the guy who answered the phone at rage aid 'oh really'? ... So they obviously don't have a clue at all that they played the wrong episode.

He said they have been having problems in the editing suite and that he will bring it to the programmers attention ... blah, blah, blah

I then asked them if they could play the right episode in the next month on ABC ME on a Thursday and his response was basically that they have other programming and they would have to find somewhere to fit it in .... Basically, the answer I thought I would receive. 55 minutes can be easily fitted in but the generic answer was given.

I said to them that having to wait for 11 months for the right episode to be played it soo long so can they find the space in the next few weeks to play it. Again, he said, they have other programming so they would have to find somewhere to fit it in, blah blahhhhh.

So, he said again that he would pass on the information and see what they could do. I ended the call by basically telling him that the label on the Duran Duran hosted Countdown needs to be changed to 17/04/1982.

Guru, should I call rage back and tell them that the Duran episode is 323/1?

Can I PLEASE suggest that many of you call the ABC on (02) 8333 1500. When they answer you simply say you want to be put through to rage. Please say the exact same thing I did. If they get many calls then we can try and make the right episode be played!

Re: My call to rage this afternoon

I'd like to call them and tell them to stop playing Triple J rubbish they play all the time anyway on their Monday night Vault episodes

He said he will pass it on, I will be calling again later this week as I will keep pestering them about this till they play it.

It is ridiculous that rage can't find 55 minutes to fit in the right Countdown episode. rage played my 1982 request of Countdown 2 Saturday mornings ago and they never play Countdown in the morning in January, so I am sure they can find 55 whole minutes to play the correct episode.

The main post I typed above was supposed to read:

Basically the guy who answered the phone at rage said 'oh really'? ... So they obviously don't have a clue at all that they played the wrong episode.

And may I add, they obviously do not check the tapes they are playing when playing Countdown or either they have no idea who Duran Duran is or Jo Kennedy!

rage seem to be very vocal and having conversations with Big Day Out people and talking about Channel V. Yet in the same thread won't answer my post about the wrong Countdown being played.

Says it all really ...

Not going to bother with them till later this year when I submit Countdown requests

Given that "Dig Day Out" thing is now defunct, I am not sure what the purpose of Rage even playing clips or what relevance anything has. And 311 comments on facebook. Proves where exactly all the priorities lie. This forum is the location for anything Countdown related, the twitter and facebook generation is not relevant to anything from our era

Back to sleep for another 11 months - see you all next January

Brett (2)
Given that "Dig Day Out" thing is now defunct, I am not sure what the purpose of Rage even playing clips or what relevance anything has. And 311 comments on facebook. Proves where exactly all the priorities lie. This forum is the location for anything Countdown related, the twitter and facebook generation is not relevant to anything from our era

Back to sleep for another 11 months - see you all next January

The thing is, the facebook page is littered with casual rage viewers, who get excited when they play Nirvana or something, as though rage never air anything by Nirvana.

Yes Brett (2)

Back to sleep for me for another 11 months as well

So, a woman who was on Countdown Memories Facebook page called rage as well a few days ago and basically she got the same response as me. They don't seem to have any idea they played the wrong 1982 episode and if we do see this episode played,it won't be till next January.

I wonder how we go about actually getting the 11/04/1982 actually played next January?

May i add, the program list for tonight is HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!

What a sad and tragic follow up week to 'rage goes retro' ending

Jason 'The Moderator"
So, a woman who was on Countdown Memories Facebook page called rage as well a few days ago and basically she got the same response as me. They don't seem to have any idea they played the wrong 1982 episode and if we do see this episode played,it won't be till next January.

I wonder how we go about actually getting the 11/04/1982 actually played next January?

May i add, the program list for tonight is HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!

What a sad and tragic follow up week to 'rage goes retro' ending

Rage seem to often start the year with awful guest programmers in February.

I looked ahead on the electronic TV guide last night, and next week they've got some Melbourne metal band I've never heard of before, so no doubt it will be another s h i t playlist.

Hopefully they'll have another Mardi Gras special this year; but last year's was pretty mundane/full of common videos that could barely be classified as 'Mardi Gras', so I don't have high hopes for it. They always seem to feel obliged to include several recent-ish tracks on their specials from the last several years.