Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
d
Diana
Durant porcelain sign on eBay
We are offering a nice Durant Star dealership porcelain sign this week on eBay.
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 7:55am
by Gordon F. Curl
Club Candidates
Hello Durant Members. Hope all you are safe and sound all over the world. I have some very good news. Our dear friend and member and historian Bob Smith called me today and has agreed to run for our secretary / treasure’s job. Poor Mike Larsen has had this big...
Views: 283   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 2, 2005 6:35pm
by Lance Haynes
Nominations for for Club Officers for next election
Fellow Durantonians, by now you have received your Durant Partner and after reading it from cover to cover like I do, you noticed the nomination form for club officers for the upcoming years election. Please take the time to fill this out and send it in to Mike Larse...
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 1, 2005 1:12pm
by Yates Milton
Erskine for sale
Sandy Olson who supplies gaskets for some of us has a 1929 Erskine for sale. I's sure some club members have other car makes in the garage so I told him I would pass it on in the web-forum. He says it is a four-door, running, decent paint and interior for $4750. I...
Views: 472   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 30, 2005 11:25pm
by Gary Yelle
30 Durant 614 hydraulic brake setup.
My last purchase had been converted to hydraulic brakes and I converted it back to original. I have the following parts. Original front backing plates and shoes that have been converted to hydraulic. Modern rear end drilled for 6 bolt wheels. I believe it is Ra...
Views: 249   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 10:12pm
by Dave Schulte
Reproduction top water pipes for the 14L and 15L engines
I've commissioned a company to reproduce the top water pipe for the 14L and 15L engines. This is the pipe located on the head that flows hot water out from the motor to the top water tank in the radiator. I've found that the factory used two types of pipes, one sh...
Views: 333   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 29, 2005 9:24am
by Mac Irvine
30 Durant stone guard
I have a new reproduction stone guard for sale. Has never been installed.$100 plus shipping. Can email photos. Dave
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 4:50pm
by Ron Jaremkow
Durant and Star pocket watches
1-Elgin Durant pocket watch. Gold case, Roman numerals with second hand on a secondary smaller dial. $400 plus shipping. Keeps time with a nice ticking sound. 1-Hampden Star Cars pocket watch. Gold case,modern numerals (1,2,3)with second hand on a secondary dial s...
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 28, 2005 9:36am
by Dave Schulte
Durant wheels
I have a couple of Durant wheels that look to me the same ones as the photo above. Are they rare?
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 9:28pm
by Lance Haynes
d
Dwayne
Oil & Gas additives
Well, I got the 1923 Dort Harvard running today. Now I need to know if I should use any kind of additive in the gas? Also what kind of oil should I use? Thanks, You guys are a treasure of information. Dwayne
Views: 299   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 2:02am
by Mike Rice
Water Pump
I am in need of a good water pump for a '25 Star Model F. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Views: 240   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 26, 2005 12:13am
by Franz Fraitzl
31 Devaux for sale on Ebay Motors
Here's a real rare bird for sale, looks like it's in real good condition. Ebay Item #4590380812.
Views: 432   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 11:00pm
by Gary Yelle
Thanksgiving
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR FRIENDS IN THE US. Up here, in the land of ice and snow, we had our thanksgiving the 2nd week end in October. The Turkey has already settled and we are just getting our belts loosened for the next onslaught for Christmas. We had 3...
Views: 252   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 25, 2005 7:21pm
by Ken McCormick
Chrome Plating
Can anyone tell me which parts on my 1925 Star were plated and what type of plating was used? So far I've identified the radiator shell and neck, headlight rings, upper and lower bumper bars (nothing else on bumper?, door handles, acorn nuts holding windshield (what...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 22, 2005 7:22pm
by Bob Porter
d
Dwayne
Electric fuel pump
Have any of you added an electric fuel pump to your system with out taking off your vacuum fuel pump? Or do the electric fuel pumps put out too much pressure? I know someone is using an electric fuel pump because I saw it on the Tech page. Thanks, Dwayne
Views: 292   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 5:34pm
by Rick Botti
s
Sean
Durant Roadster?
A local oldtimer that builds T's has a car under a tarp in the field which I thought was a model A roadster. When I asked him about it he said it was a Durant that he was storing for a friend & that, while in pieces, was complete... I dont have any specifics yet, bu...
Views: 277   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 20, 2005 8:36pm
by gary kauffman
Exhaust System
I recently ordered an exhaust system for my 30 614 from Burton Waldron in Nottawa Michigan. The first pipe I received was a little short in length and needed aditional bending to fit properly. I phoned Mr. Waldron and sent photos and measurements needed for a proper...
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 19, 2005 5:22pm
by Ron Jaremkow
Durants built in York, PA ?
I was reading a book about the history of Southeastern PA. In this book it mentioned that Durant cars were being made in York, PA around 1925. Does anyone have more information about a Durant plant in York, PA? Leonard
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 17, 2005 8:35am
by Mike Linthicum
Summer "Durant Gathering" Ontario
We are not having the "Durant Gathering" on the July 1st weekend in 2006. We have a new location and a new date. The "Gathering" will be in Prince Edward County, near Picton, Ontario (on the Bay of Quinte, near the east end of Lake Ontario) The date will be June 2...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2005 10:59am
by Gordon F. Curl
Parts for a 6-14 1930 coupe
I have some parts for a coupe to sell to anyone who might need any . Some body parts as well as mechanical . Let me know what you need -I may have it Maybe we can make some trades for parts I am looking for -- Ken
Views: 273   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 13, 2005 6:29pm
by Ken McCormick
30 Durant steering clamp
Would anyone out there have an extra steering column clamp? The part that holds the steering column to the steering column support. Thanks, Dave
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2005 10:51am
by Ken McCormick
Radiator Core Needed
Anyone know of a radiator core that will match the one on my 25 Star? Its a diamond honeycomb. And where I can get it?
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 9, 2005 10:50am
by Vince O'Brien
Engine mounts
I would like to know if the engine in my 28 Durant 60 would have been mounted with insulators. It appeared to have some sort of rubber washer in front and none in rear. The exhaust system was mounted solid. What is correct? Does it hurt to mount with rubber insulators?
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 9, 2005 8:32am
by Rick Botti
distributor timeing
Can anyone tell me if the proceedure and settings are the same for a W4 engine as for a W5. and if different what these are. Thanks Barry
Views: 376   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 7, 2005 7:43am
by Jan Arnett
d
Dwayne
Great articles on Dallas Dort & Billy Durant
I found these articles in some old magazines. I thought you guys might enjoy them. They are about Dallas Dort and the Dort auto, however they cover Billy Durant as much as they cover Dallas Dort. Just go to this website; http://photobucket.com/albums/v418/vintagecar...
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 7, 2005 3:51am
by Yates Milton
Engine Oil & Pump -1923 Durant
I have a couple of related oil pump questions -1923 Durant 4 cylindar. Oil reads full on dip-stick fill tube. 1- I took the oil pump off the side of the engine and expected oil to run out but no oil came out. is that...
Views: 689   Replies: 17
Last Post: Nov 4, 2005 6:52pm
by Franz Fraitzl
East Coast Chapter growing
Just a note for all those Durantonians East of the Mississippi. The DMAC East Coast Chapter is now 29 members strong and growing. The ECC publishes a newsletter quarterly with interesting and informative articles that are different than the Durant Partner's. Dues are...
Views: 207   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 3, 2005 10:51pm
by Lance Haynes
East Coast Chapter News
The second issue of the East Coast Chapter Newsletter is ready to mail. This issue has coverage of our fall meet at Hershey, and info about the upcoming spring meet. A couple of good restoration articles from our members and a lot of useful hints. A nice fea...
Views: 326   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2005 1:33am
by Phil Donoghoe
WHEEL COLOR
I HAVE WOOD SPOKE (VARNISED) WHEELS ON MY 23 STAR TOURING. WHAT COLOR SHOULD THE RIMS BE? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT SILVER WAS THE CORECT COLOR,IS THIS CORRECT? I ALSO NEED TO REPLACE THE RUBBER FRONT AND REAR FLOOR MATTS. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL M...
Views: 443   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 1, 2005 11:00pm
by Lance haynes
durant badge (photo of a badge)
i want an photo of the durant logotype best regard Bo Bergman sweden
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 31, 2005 4:59am
by bob smith
30 Durant Rear Spring Shackle Replacements.....Mopar ???
Hi, Some time back someone posted info regarding a suitable replacement for 30 Durant spring shackles, I believe they were a Mopar replacement part. Would the gentleman who posted the info please contact me? Thanks, Dave
Views: 666   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 30, 2005 7:28pm
by gary kauffman
picture of W.C. Durant
I found an interesting picture of Billy Durant the other night. Go to www.autohistory.org. On the side catagories click on "Picture Galery" Gary
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 27, 2005 9:47am
by bob smith
Caster Angle for 1924 Rugby Tourer
I am having trouble confirming what the Caster Angle should be on a 1924 Rugby Tourer. If anyone knows the answer I would greatly appreciate being told. I want to confirm that the vehicle has been set up as per the factory specifications. Regards Jeremy
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 7:21pm
by Jeremy Whitehead
Ebay sale --retrospective article on19 30 6-14 durant deluxe rumble seat coupe
The article described is from a cars and parts magazine from sept 1983. It is a good article . I have the magazine here if anyone is interested in a copy . I will print it in color and send by E mail. Ken
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 11:20am
by ken mccormick
looking for
I am repainting my 23 star. I am looking for the webbing that is on the edge on the cowl under to hood and in back of the radiator housing.I would like to use new webbing and rivets . does anyone out there know where I might locate them? thanks ed
Views: 451   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 23, 2005 7:12pm
by Bob Porter
A Blast from the past...
I went to our local car club meeting last week and a fellow member gave me a copy of November-December 1976 Antique Autombile Magazine. A large part of this magazine is dedicated to Durant cars. Included are articles by Jeff Gillis about Durant and about his 1930...
Views: 501   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 21, 2005 2:34pm
by Dave Schulte
Durant & Star repair manual reprinted
Hi All.......... Have just reprinted the repair manual for models C-CC-F-M-M2-M4, four cylinder cars. This is a great refference book if you have one of these cars. It is full of illustrations, and is 114 pages long. This was copied from one of my very cle...
Views: 301   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2005 4:48pm
by Frank Witkowski
Window Felts
Hello fellow members, Iam in need of the felt window channels for the side windows on my '29 Durant. Does anyone have a source for these pieces. Thank You, Bruce Hargin.
Views: 425   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 19, 2005 2:19am
by Yates Milton
Front end Durant Club badge
Any news about the Club badges? I am anxious to presume with a nice enamel design of Durant Club in my front end. If required any help for Autocad drawing o some other program I may help. Regards from Argentina Ricardo
Views: 877   Replies: 16
Last Post: Oct 16, 2005 8:24pm
by gary kauffman
Anyone good friends or in contact with Eileen Gillis?
I was wondering if anyone in the club was close to or still in communication with Eileen Gillis? I've sent several letters to her but have not gotten any responce. I understand that Jeff had a copy of a film that was from the Kraven Foundation in Toronto showing the...
Views: 334   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 15, 2005 6:18am
by Mike Rice
Durant Plant film from Craven Institute in Toronto
OK Durantonians here's a scavenger hunt for you. In 1981 at a Durant Automobile Club National Meet, a movie was obtained from the Craven Institute in Toronto, showing the assembly process of the Durant automobiles from start to finish. It probably was taken at the Le...
Views: 386   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 14, 2005 1:58pm
by Mike Linthicum
Water Pump Rebuild
I need step by step advice on how to remove the water pump impeller from the shaft on my 1923 Durant. I assume it is pressed on the shaft and am concerned about cracking the housing by prying to hard. I have the water pump and shaft off the engine and discover about...
Views: 516   Replies: 10
Last Post: Oct 14, 2005 7:09am
by Gordon F. Curl
Olds Plant (Durant Plant) Lansing, MI
Just heard on the Radio this Morning (PBS station) that General Motors Corp. is going to have the Old Durant Plant in Lansing, MI torn down.
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2005 3:24pm
by Rick Botti
30 Durant Hub Caps For Sale
Hi, I have a set of 6-6 inch wire wheel hubcaps that were made by the gentleman in Argentina. I ordered the wrong size. You can either get them directly from Peter in Argentina, or wait until I receive them and buy them from me. $279 plus shipping. Thanks, Dave
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 13, 2005 7:20am
by Dave Schulte
DMAC East Coast Chapter Hershey Meet
Just a quick note on for your East Coast members who could not attend the meeting. This was my first Hershey experience, and for those of you that have never attended I must say that it's a must if you are restoring a car. If you can't find it at Hershey, I doubt you...
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 12, 2005 12:42pm
by Rick Botti
Price for a Rugby in Buenos Aires
I am glad to share with Club members that my M2 1928 Rugby had been honored in Buenos Aires city, in an event developed by Fiat classic cars, as First price in elegance for non Fiat cars. Also the car and crew won a second price in the competence that followed, tou...
Views: 331   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 12, 2005 8:40am
by Rick Botti
1920's style reproduction clothing
Any members come across a good source for 1920's style clothing?
Views: 433   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 7, 2005 7:24pm
by Bob Porter
Earl Dealership ?
Hi All Found an old high school year book from Saint Leo's High School in Ridgeway Pennsylvania. The year is 1923. Inside the front cover is an ad for Mecca Garage,who is the Elk County distributor for: Durant sixes and fours The Famous Star Car And the E...
Views: 289   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2005 7:36am
by Walter Pré
DMAC East Coast Chapter Hershey Meeting Time
Anyone that would like to attend the second East Coast Chapter meeting while at Hershey is trully welcome, even if your not from the East Coast. The meeting will be held at the 7:30 P.M. on Friday October 7th at the: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 5680 Alle...
Views: 435   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2005 1:24am
by Mike Linthicum
30 Durant 6 bolt wire wheel wanted
Hi, I need a 6 bolt 30 Durant wire wheel in just about ANY condition. I have a very good wheel that has had the center hole torched out. I want to machine my wheel, cut the center from the junk wheel and mate the two. Thanks, Dave
Views: 247   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2005 2:38pm
by Gordon F. Curl
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92

The Durant Motors Automobile Club