Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Seeking information
A friend has asked me to assist him in finding a buyer for a 1929 Rugby 4 door sedan. This belonged to his father-in-law who recently died. The car is in very good condition and stored in a garage. Attempts by me to find a 'starting point' as to what this car is wor...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2006 2:10am
by John Van Groning...
Golden Quill Award
I'm happy to announce that the DMAC and gained more exposure in the current issue of Old Cars Weekly. The publication has awarded the Durant Partner their Golden Quill award for 2006. click link and scroll down to INTERMEDIATE SIZE THE DURANT PARTNER, Jacki Sch...
Views: 537   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 18, 2006 11:04pm
by Lance Haynes
Looking for parts
I am in the process of restoring my 1929 Model 60 Landeau 2-door. I am missing the polished caps on the Landeau bars behind the rear windows. Does anyone have these for sale or a diagram of what they look like so I can have replacements fabricated. Thanks!
Views: 401   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2006 11:03pm
by Lance Haynes
Vibration Mystery
Seeking help in identifying a "vibration" that occurs on the 26 Star Coach Continental Red Star 6 Cylinder (14L) engine. While reving up the engine in neutral, standing still, it reaches a point of vibration evident in the shaking of front fenders. It has a similar v...
Views: 539   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 18, 2006 10:41am
by Ron Hast
DMAC Proposed Constitution and by-laws In question!
I agree with the fact that our Durant club should be on non profit status period. I hope during the next administration this will happen. A year ago or so, Bob Porter sent me a copy of a proposed constitution instead of by-laws for the club. After studyi...
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2006 7:59pm
by GARY K
Public apology to Lance and the DMAC
Dear DMAC members It seems that I have stirred up some ugly postings on the forum when I voiced my opinion on the current election process. I thought the forum was just that a group of people who come together to talk and share their feelings and common interest...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2006 7:45pm
by GARY K
1923 Star
I've just purchased a 1923 Durant Star - a very rare car over here in England. The papers included editions of your club magazine, so it may be known to you. I would like to join the club - is it possible to pay by card? - much easier than bank transfer etc. I'd l...
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2006 12:51pm
by Mike Mcdowall
Paint door jams?
Hi fellow Durant lovers, This a question for my 1929 Model 60 touring. Can someone tell me if the Wood part of the door jams get painted the same color as the car? If so do you use a wood paint or the same paint as you would use on the outside?
Views: 240   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 15, 2006 9:11am
by Jan Arnett
Editor must be a member?
As a past editor, I would like to say that making membership a requirement for the position of Editor did not help the club in the past. The magazine looks super these days. It takes a lot more time than most people can give, or are willing to give. I would hate to s...
Views: 459   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 15, 2006 9:08am
by Jan Arnett
Voting ballot
Hello everyone. I have been on the phone all day and this evening talking to officers and board members and we have agreed that any and all unsigned ballots will be counted. I talked to Yates for 73 minutes today. He is a hard one to get on the phone to as he does no...
Views: 439   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 15, 2006 8:56am
by Jan Arnett
Clum Ignition switch key
Can some one send a photo or key number used on the Durant-Star cars and years used. I have a friend that has old key blanks for older autos.
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2006 8:10am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
1930 Durant Model 617
Hi All Cathy and I just got home from New Jersey with our latest find. It's a Deluxe 4 door sedan, with 6 wire wheels, dual side mount spares, a trunk rack and trunk on the rear. This was top of the line in 1930. This is an early production Lansing car #1...
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 15, 2006 5:41am
by RD
Ballot forms and upcoming election.
I received my Partner yesterday with the ballot for the upcoming election. I would like to comment on the upcoming election. First I think that club officers should not so emphatically state in print who they are endorsing. For those who do not follow the membership...
Views: 764   Replies: 25
Last Post: May 13, 2006 10:27am
by Mike Rice
We have a new baby girl!
Just wanted to let everyone know that my wife Courtenay has given birth to a beautiful baby girl named Charlotte Porsche Fraitzl. She was born on May 4th at 4.37 am in our home in Vancouver, B.C. Mom and baby are well and resting. Franz Fraitzl
Views: 426   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 12, 2006 8:52am
by Jan Arnett
23 Durant on Ebay Motors
Anyone looking for a great restored 23 Durant. There is one listed on Ebay with a starting bid of $10,000.00. They had the car listed on the Traderonline classic car for $49,000 yes I said $49,000 I emailed them and told them that they would be lucky to get that so I...
Views: 304   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2006 8:10am
by Bill Hoaglan
Radiator Emblem Contest
I know Mike has been very patient with the badge contest and I'm sure everyone is looking forward to closure. However, since there are so many great submissions, with the voting being carried out over two different medias, over a great length of time. I sugg...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2006 4:38am
by Mike Linthicum
Nominee Profiles for the upcoming election.
Dear fellow Durantonians I’d like to introduce myself. Many of the East Coast Chapter members have met me and many of the members on the forum and who read the Partner have seen my postings and articles. I have been a member of the DMAC for about 3 year...
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2006 8:21pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Model 55 Instruction Manual
I have a Model 55 Manual that has no year on it. It is very complete and has a lot of valuble info in it. Because I have a 1928 Model 65. I would like to know what the differance is. I find the manual to be the same as my 65. If anybody has any Ideas I would like to...
Views: 215   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2006 5:38am
by Lawrence
Timing Chain for a Continental Motor for sale
Ray Walton purchased this beautiful Timing chain (can timing chains be beautiful??) Sorry to say it does not fit his Star. He would like to recoupe his money.... Anyway.... it is in its original box NOS... the chain looks like it was made yesterday, It lists the fol...
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2006 10:34pm
by Carol Fogarazzo
East Coast Chapter meeting in Williamsburg, VA
I got back yesterday from the ECC meeting in Williamsburg and man what an event. I want to thank Frank & Yates for helping make a great event for all Durantonians! The cars were great, the swap meet was fantastic and Friday nights meeting was very educational on wher...
Views: 495   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 9, 2006 11:21am
by Carol Fogarazzo
Durant
A friend of mine has a Durant truck sitting in her yard.We don,t know much about this truck except it's a 1 ton and it's in pretty rough condition.If anyone is interested,i could take some pics and Email. Thanks Darcy
Views: 307   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2006 4:18pm
by David Roberts [T...
Star M Coupe Info Needed
Hi Guys! The progress on our two M coupes is coming along nicely. Presently, I'm getting the door skins ready to assemble on the finished ash frames. Butch is finishing up on his rear body section and the rear panel repair is looking very profesional. However, I no...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2006 1:13pm
by Don Shilling
Rugby Touring M2
Some questions about a restoration project of a Durant Rugby Touring M2 early 1928 , maybe end of 1927, i don´t know because it hasn´body plate as you can see in http://www.durantcars.com/registry/rugby/Rugby28NoID01/Rugby28NoID01.shtml as the car was b...
Views: 723   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 5, 2006 5:21am
by Frank Witkowski
Another Meet Coming Up
2006 is going to be a busy year for the DMAC, no sooner than the ECC meet has finished their meet, the Canadians will host two more meets . The first is the 10th ANNUAL DURANT GATHERING, held on June 23 - 25th 2006. I've posted this on the events page and also posted...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2006 5:51pm
by Ron Jaremkow
Star Depot Hack model c 1923
Hi! I am looking for a picture for the front panel of my Star Depot Hack model c 1923.I find some from Ford but it,s not the same one.If one of you has a picture , I woud like to see it. Thanks you.
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2006 11:40am
by Louis Quennevill...
It's a girl!
Juliette Lise Riffault Born: April 28th 2006 9 lb 2 oz, 20-1/2 inches Mom and baby are doing great. Hope she likes old cars as much as her sister... Stephan
Views: 211   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 9:42pm
by Lance Haynes
a
Adam
1928 M-2 Gas tank
I have started my restoration with my 1928 M-2. I started with the gas tank and found out that the tank has pretty weak metal on the side facing forward. After all my wrench handle ended up going right thru it. I would like to find out where everyone goes to get a ne...
Views: 710   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 6:20am
by Lawrence
Obslete parts and service company
Just came across another possible good supplier of Durant obslete engine parts and other srevices. I visited their web site and they actually list Durant when using their sreach by make/model index. They have engine rebuilding services and supply obslete engine part...
Views: 536   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 8:22pm
by Tony Burke
Stewart Vacuum Fuel Feed System
Seeking resources for a Stewart Vacuum Fuel Feed System Model #215-N tank. The present one has a minor cracked feed to the carburetor on the top of the tank but figure it would be difficult to find only the top to the tank. This is on a 1926 Star R with the Continent...
Views: 479   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 8:46am
by Ron Hast
Design contest for new club Radiator Emblem starts today!
In the early days of motoring, even prior to the Durant Motors years, motorcar owners began to band together to form clubs for the purpose of social gathering, helping to change anti-automobile laws, and to assist in the maintenance of these highly complex machines....
Views: 669   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 4:20am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Yippee, we soon will be on the road again!!
Well, We are packing up all the part requests, and a bunch of other stuff that you fellow durantonians may be interested in. If all goes well we should to be down sometime Thursday night. We are bringing the Durant Model 75, and hope there will be some short drive w...
Views: 405   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 3:11pm
by Yates Milton
web site
I have been to a lot of other web sites lately looking for model T parts for my Father and I take my hat off to Rick for having the very best web site out there.I have yet to find one even close to this site.Keep up the great work Rick it is appreciated by all of us.
Views: 422   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 8:04am
by Rick Botti
Instrument panel finish
On the 1931 - 32 Durants and Frontenacs, the instrument panel around the gauges was finished in a type of crinkle paint. The Durant's were a brass colour, and the Frontenac's were silver. I would like to be able to refinish mine, but have been unable to find anyone...
Views: 466   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 23, 2006 8:57pm
by Mike Rice
East Coast Chapter - Spring Meet 2006
The East Coast Chapter Spring Meet will be held April 27-30th in historic Williamsburg, Virginia. Headquarters will be the Comfort Inn in Williamsburg. We have reserved a block of rooms at a rate of $75.00 per night. We will probably take a trip to Jamrstown which i...
Views: 1095   Replies: 25
Last Post: Apr 23, 2006 6:26pm
by Bob Porter
East Coast Members anything to swap, trade or sell?
Remember any of you ECC members who are attending the meeting in Williamsburg can and I hope will bring any parts you wish to swap, trade or sell. Other members will be looking for parts etc and I know that Frank W. and Larry F. will be bringing parts for sale. It's...
Views: 483   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 22, 2006 7:26am
by Charles Land
g
GARY K
THE WORTH OF OUR CARS
I SAW AN AD FOR A 1930 6-14 ROADSTER RESTORED....FOR SALE FOR $58,000. I TOLD THE MAN I THOUGHT HE HAD OVERESTIMATED THE VALUE OF HIS CAR ...ONE THAT SHOULD SELL FOR $15,000 OR MAYBE $20,000 IF HE WAS LUCKY. HE FLOORED ME WHEN HE SAID THAT IT HAD SOLD EARLIER FOR 49...
Views: 562   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 6:54pm
by Bob Porter
operators manuel
I have an operators manual for sale in excellent shape. Anyone interested? Brent e mail me at brentg@gudgeon.on.ca
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 1:24pm
by Brent Gudgeon
Star and Durant Spare tire holders available
I think Ed V was looking for a spare tire mount for his Star restoration. I have a few if you are interested. Email me for images. Thanks
Views: 272   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2006 8:22am
by EDDIE V
Old Durant/Star/Flint dealership buildings
Anyone aware of any old Durant/Star or Flint dealership buildings still standing in the US? I know Frank W. has been collecting the names and addresses of the dealerships that members have been sending, but has anyone seen a still standing showroom building? Anything...
Views: 394   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 20, 2006 5:03pm
by Mike
Member Richard Bandell - Sick
Just got off the telephone with Richard (Dick) Bandel who just finished chemotheraphy treatments and has to go next week for radiation treatment. Dick had a tumor removed but they were unable to remove it all. Dick was the first person I met at the Organizational Me...
Views: 418   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2006 2:54pm
by Mike Linthicum
Star - headlight trim rings
I am looking for headlight trim rings for Durant Star 4C 1924 touring. Can anybody help me to find it? I have them but in such a bad shape that I cannot fix them.
Views: 449   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 15, 2006 6:58pm
by Bob Porter
Durant Standard for sale
Hi Durant folks, this is to let you know that I've posted on e-bay a listing for a Christmas 1923 Durant Standard (Vol. 2 No. 3) that I rounded up a number of years ago in Gramma's junk and I've decided that it is just one more of those cool items that needs to go to...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2006 4:34pm
by Phil Bregitzer
g
gary k
1929 (FOR COUPE MODEL 70) GAS TANK WANTED/NEEDED
HELLO FRIENDS, i NEED TO FIND A GOOD 1929 GAS TANK FOR THE D-70 COUPE. ANYONE WHO HAS ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE AT THE EAST COAST MEET OR GET ME AT E-MAIL: FROGGYSROD@COMCAST.NET...MANY THANX....GARY K
Views: 326   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2006 7:07am
by Rick Botti
Custom Star M coupe on Ebay!
OK Durantonians, you need to check out the custom Star M coupe just listed for sale on Ebay Motors. It's green and the body has been customized? Look at the car in the background I think it's a matching color. Makes you wonder doesn't it? I don't think I'd recommend...
Views: 382   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2006 3:02pm
by Gary Warden
a
Adam
1929 Model 60 For Sale
I have been asked from a very nice gentleman that doesn't know how to use the internet very well to sell his 1929 Model 60. He has gotten up in age and has decide not to do the restore on this car, but would like it to go to someone that would appreciate it and bring...
Views: 530   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2006 8:51am
by Adam
g
gary k
1929 model 70 discovered
hello Durantonians, I have interesting news...Dave Schulte and I have tentatively identified my coupe, which was thought to be a model 66, as a 1929 model 70 standard coupe. It has a 119 inch whelbase, 4 speed transmission, cowl lights mounted lower than the model...
Views: 403   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 11, 2006 8:37am
by Mike Linthicum
Durant 30-32 stone gaurd on ebay
There's a real nice 30-32 Durant accessory radiator stone gaurd being offered on Ebay. Don't see many of these offered very often.
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2006 10:43am
by Mike Linthicum
Con rods
Hi guys, some advise please . do the conrods in a w3 engine face any particular direction . I notice there is writeing on one side of the rod. Should this face to either the front or rear of the engine or doesn't it matter.also do the bores rely on oil being splashed...
Views: 424   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2006 2:39am
by Barry Wite
Rugby trucks
Hello Gang, received the latest edition of Vintage Truck magazine May/June 06. In it was an article about a couple of Canadian Rugbys. A 1929 and a 1932, nice exposure. Next issue they are going to feature a Mason RoadKing. Bob
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2006 7:46pm
by cdmn
Transmission Alignment
There is reason to believe we have a misalignment of the transmission on our 26 Star Coach. Vibration from idle to mild shaking at 35+ mph. exists. The repair manual addresses "aligners". Anyone know where to obtain them? Is there a better way of determining my diagn...
Views: 414   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2006 12:30pm
by Frank Witkowski
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88

The Durant Motors Automobile Club