Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
2006 Election Results
Hello DMAC members. Mike Larsen has called and advised there have been no more ballots coming in and Jacki needed the winners for our June magazine. So our new President is Rick Botti and the vice president is Bill Hoaglan and the secretary / treasure is Bob Smith. C...
Views: 580   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 27, 2006 10:45am
by Mike Linthicum
Exhaust system, fan belt, shock absorber
In reference to my ongoing restoration project of a 1929 Model 60, I am in need of some source info. Saw listing on service directory for Burton Waldron as a supplier for exhaust systems, however the phone number listed was not functional. Does anyone have his core...
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 26, 2006 7:28am
by Rick Botti
I just got my axle back!
I've got to put in a plug for John Lehde at Automotive Drive train in Tigard, Oregon. He did a beautiful job and he wouldn't take any of my money! Bearings and seals alone, must have cost him around $1,000.00! One bearing set (for the pinion shaft) I know cost him ov...
Views: 337   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 26, 2006 6:09am
by Curt Smtih
cars for sale
in the june 22 old cars news on page 40 there are two cars for sale. 1923 durant model a touting car 1923 star doctors coupe the prices look ok if what they are claiming, on the conditions, are accurate.
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2006 6:26am
by ed vomero
Shock oil
I still have the original shocks on my Durant 60. What kind of oil should I use in them?
Views: 274   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 23, 2006 3:25pm
by Jim Glover
Fabrick for 1923 Touring
I am looking where I could get a fabric that goes on the canopy of a Star 1923 Touring. I just need to get the material and I have somebody who can make it for me. Does anybody have an idea where I can find it?
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 23, 2006 4:26am
by Louis Quennevill...
10th Annual Durant Gathering
Has everyone who can make it registered for this event yet. Location is near the EAST end of LAKE ONTARIO---June 23 to 25 Expect a minimum of 10 Durant products including Rugby, Durant, Star. See the Events section for info...
Views: 635   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 21, 2006 6:41am
by Gordon F. Curl
Durant For Sale
I just came across another Durant for sale on the internet at: http://www.cars-on-line.com/20650.html It's a 1922 Durant Sedan located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin . Rick
Views: 321   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 19, 2006 10:41am
by Bill Hoaglan
c
cdmn
Billy Durant Book on CSpan
If someone else mentioned this, I missed it. CSPAN History Books had an hour program about Billy Durant and Alfred Sloan with the author, William Pelfrey. Not too much we didn't know from previous biographies, but interesting. You can watch it on your computer:...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2006 8:11pm
by cdmn
1925 Star Coupster
I have a 1925 Star Coupster. I believe this is the only one left of 4 model of this model. My Serial number is 307848 Engine number 330435. Since there were so few stars of some model I am having trouble verifying this information. Can any one help me. Also...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 18, 2006 1:41pm
by Glenda Mc Ewen
l
Levi
Durant 614 Parts
i have a 1930 Durant 614 coupe - Parts Needed - Windshield frame, trunk lid/ deck lid/ rumbel seat lid - parts for sale or trade for parts above - front and rear fenders, inline 6 & Trans, Rear Axel, and much more...call or e-mail me for more info. my name is Le...
Views: 1078   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jun 17, 2006 1:46pm
by Hal Vandevord
Need Help/Bendix Spring?
This morning was to be a Show Day. Out at 0630 to start my 1923 A22 Durant and head for the Show. Nothing but a noise when I push the Starter Button. Found out that the big spring on the started shaft (Bendix I guess that is what it is called) Any way the end of the...
Views: 454   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2006 12:11pm
by ken Brink
East Coast Chapter Newsletter
My East Coast Chapter Newsletter arrived electronically late this afternoon. WOW! Gloria and Carol did a great job writing and editing this newsletter. Bravo Zulu to both of them. charlie
Views: 182   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 16, 2006 7:07pm
by Jim Greenamyer
The Best Darn Club out there!
Big Thanks to Lance, Frank Witkowski and DMAC! The Cumberland Museum is a small local museum in Ottawa which consists of about a dozen buildings from the early 20th century. The Museum is a recreation of a small Ontario village from the late 20s early 30s. The...
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 16, 2006 3:56am
by Sid Semple
Wheel puller
Looking for a rear wheel puller for my Durant 60. Is there any out there or does someone have any idea how to make one. I came across a drawing at one time but can't remember where I saw it. Thanks.
Views: 299   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2006 7:02am
by Walter Pré
Rugby rear lamp.
There are not too many pictures of the rear end of Durant cars. Navigating through the pictures gallery trying to define the rear lamp for the 28 Rugbies, found some round (similar to A Fords), and oval rear lamps. Concluded that the original one was the oval but fou...
Views: 329   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2006 4:05am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Alfred Bartak
Does anyone have an up to date email address for Alfred? My emails keep bouncing back. Thanks, Dave
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2006 2:22pm
by Dave Schulte
My axle rebuild -- progress report.
Yesterday I went down to Automotive Drivetrain (Tigard, Oregon) to see how John Lehde was coming along with the axle for my '29 D40. I've got to say I'm really excited by the beautiful work John is doing. The six felt seals in the axle tube have been replaced with...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2006 6:18am
by Gordon F. Curl
New 2006 Club Roster
Hello Durant Club Members. We are in the process of mailing out about 400 brand new 2006 DMAC Rosters. A little overdue. We decided to print every member that has ever been in our club over 730 as the postage was the same. This way you can contact someone close to...
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2006 9:17pm
by Chuck Faulkner
Tractor Supply Stores as A Supply Source
Hi ALL... If you live near farm country and have not visited one of these Farm Tractor supply outlets, you should! They are a great source for many items. Mike L has mentioned non detergent oil and saftey flashers. They also have 6 and 8 volt batteries. Th...
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2006 9:03am
by Frank Witkowski
Non detergent oil and safety light
Anyone with a Tractor Supply Company chain store in your area, can find gallon and 5 gallon containers of non-detergent oil there for sale. I was in one the other day and found the oil. Also on their shelves is a magnetic red LED light that is battery operated to sta...
Views: 232   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2006 5:45pm
by Ron Jaremkow
Tillotson Carburetor
Does anyone have a source for a rebuild kit for a 1929 Tillotson Model S-4-C carburetor. Thanks in advance for any information provided.
Views: 528   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 6, 2006 10:32am
by Gary Warden
Death of member Richard Bandel
It is with sad note that we are just finding out about the passing of the East Coast Chapter member Richard Bandel. Richard attended our first and second meeting bringing with him his beautifully restored grenn 4 dr 1928 Durant M2 that he cherished. He passed on May...
Views: 499   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 6, 2006 8:04am
by Carol Fogarazzo
t
Tim
1928 Durant 65
I am thinking of buying a project I saw and want to know what these things are going for restored to original condition. It needs a top for sure but the body is sweet except for 2 missing door handles for the rear doors, the rest is all there. That vaccum fuel pum...
Views: 323   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 6, 2006 7:52am
by Tim
depot hack model c1923
I am sorry my engish is not to good.I did a mistake. What I want to know how the dash panel instruments is make. If somebody have a picture I would like to see it. Thanks you
Views: 529   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 1, 2006 5:15am
by Louis Quennevill...
Flint Durant Hotel
Hello. I have been communicating with a very nice historical society gal (Sally Jaeger) back in Flint MI. about some history back there in Flint where our man Billy Durant got his start in Business. And some of us older Durant Club members were taken by our club hist...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2006 8:28pm
by Lance Haynes
1923 Durant WHEELS
I am cleaning out my shop and these wheels have got to go! I have 4- 1923 Durant dish wheels. 2 front and 2 back with hubs. The tires are 4.40-4.50 x 21". Lots of tread and hold air but dry rot cracks show. The dishes and hubs are perfect EXCEPT the previous owner ta...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2006 5:00pm
by Jack Malpass
Model 66 i Norway
I've update the story of how Terje Nafstad in Norway aquired and restored his 1929 Model 66 Durant. I've also included a printable version of this story in PDF format. Look in the Photographs section under Durant, then 1929 or in the Special Interest section. R...
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2006 10:50am
by Rick Botti
New Oakland Factory Pictures
It's been almost 4 years since the DMAC held it's meet in the Oakland factory. So on this Memorial Day weekend I drove out and paid a visit with camera in hand. Those pictures can be seen by going to the Special Interest section and clicking on Oakland Plant Photos,...
Views: 382   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 30, 2006 10:13pm
by Rick Botti
DMAC Annual General Meeting
Well folks, the date has been finalized. All roads lead to Canada for the 9th Durant Motors Annual General Meeting. September 21 - 24, 2006 Location: Holiday Inn and Conference Centre, Fort Erie, Ontario. (just across the border from Buffalo) A couple of tours...
Views: 508   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 30, 2006 9:45pm
by Rick Botti
Durant Engine by Continental
Durant Engine by Continental, serial #WA483123 plus differential, needs a new home. Engine turns. Will exchange for a modest chartible donation. Located near the junction of I90 & I43. Hurry if interested, it's got to go.
Views: 534   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 30, 2006 10:51am
by Tim
Oil Capacity / 6 Cyl Continental (26 Star R)
Just finished dropping the pan to install new gaskets. Cleaned and re-fit. Mechanics manual calls for 6 quarts 30 weight non detergent. Filled with 5 quarts which brings dip stick reading over full mark. There are no apparent modifications, other than what appears to...
Views: 257   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 30, 2006 2:39am
by Ron Hast
Hand Crank - Starting
My 26 Star R Coach has an electric starter that works well -- and it appears there is an opening in the lower radiator cowling for a crank. Where might I locate a crank? And, any tips on what or not to do with it? Thanks, Ron
Views: 443   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 29, 2006 7:07am
by Gordon F. Curl
Primer for Engine oil gallery
I received a call from my uncle who I bought my 1928 65. He told me that he had a pump that he used to use for primeing the oil gallery when the car would sit for a long time. When I went to pick it up I couldn't beleive what it was. It looked like a popcorn popper t...
Views: 381   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 28, 2006 7:55am
by Lawrence
Who Sumitted these pictures?
I forgot who sent me a copy of these pictures, HELP! I think they were taken in New York state last year, they are of Durant dealer building that still bears the Durant insignia on the front of the building. Please contact me if you know who it was. Rick Bott...
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2006 7:33pm
by Rick Botti
Speedometer calculation and service
I recall a resource listed here for speedometer calculation and service (26 Star R). Update please? Thanks! R.H.
Views: 360   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 23, 2006 10:00pm
by Ron Hast
'23 Star parts
I have a Star engine & trans. It has been sitting in the woods for 60+ yrs in a chassis. This is nothing to get exited about- the timing cover was broken to steal the mag and the carb and starter and generator are gone. The block had been cracked and the car was dr...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 23, 2006 5:17am
by Lou Amsler
G'day all, I'm a recently converted enthusiast from Australia. I bought 3 Rugbys (2 x 24's and a 28 tourer) about 18 months ago in a job lot complete with stacks of spares from a gentleman who'd been collecting bits and pieces for over 20 years for the restorations...
Views: 316   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 22, 2006 10:57am
by Jan Arnett
Looking for a Durant entry for 2006 Milwaukee Concours
Dear Durant Owners This August 26-27 the Wisconsin Region of the Classic Car Club will again present The Masterpiece Style and Speed Concours automobile show at Milwaukee's lakefront. We are presenting rare, fine and historic autos in a Concours D’Elegance set...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2006 8:01pm
by Gregg Hotson
Gas Tank Sending Unit
The small pot metal gears on my original gas tank sending unit for 29 Durant Model 60 are deteriorated and one is broken. Does anyone have a good unit for sale or a source for the small gears. Also, does anyone reproduce the original U.S.L. batteries as original....
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2006 1:46pm
by Rick Botti
durant md.614
hi need crown gear/pionion,some door handles,windshield gears/crank,fuel tank guage,bumper pins motor crank,side mirror,back seat ashtraywiper motor ass. can anybody help me out thank you scott walsh ph 1 506 753 3333 fax 1 506 759 8787
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2006 7:14am
by scott walsh
Rear Wheels
I want to remove the rear brake drums on my Model 60 just to check the shoes and other parts. Is there something that I should know before attempting this? Do I need any special tools? I removed the front drums very easy. Would this be the same procedure? Thanks...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 19, 2006 1:00pm
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Seeking information
A friend has asked me to assist him in finding a buyer for a 1929 Rugby 4 door sedan. This belonged to his father-in-law who recently died. The car is in very good condition and stored in a garage. Attempts by me to find a 'starting point' as to what this car is wor...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 19, 2006 2:10am
by John Van Groning...
Golden Quill Award
I'm happy to announce that the DMAC and gained more exposure in the current issue of Old Cars Weekly. The publication has awarded the Durant Partner their Golden Quill award for 2006. click link and scroll down to INTERMEDIATE SIZE THE DURANT PARTNER, Jacki Sch...
Views: 537   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 18, 2006 11:04pm
by Lance Haynes
Looking for parts
I am in the process of restoring my 1929 Model 60 Landeau 2-door. I am missing the polished caps on the Landeau bars behind the rear windows. Does anyone have these for sale or a diagram of what they look like so I can have replacements fabricated. Thanks!
Views: 401   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 18, 2006 11:03pm
by Lance Haynes
Vibration Mystery
Seeking help in identifying a "vibration" that occurs on the 26 Star Coach Continental Red Star 6 Cylinder (14L) engine. While reving up the engine in neutral, standing still, it reaches a point of vibration evident in the shaking of front fenders. It has a similar v...
Views: 539   Replies: 14
Last Post: May 18, 2006 10:41am
by Ron Hast
DMAC Proposed Constitution and by-laws In question!
I agree with the fact that our Durant club should be on non profit status period. I hope during the next administration this will happen. A year ago or so, Bob Porter sent me a copy of a proposed constitution instead of by-laws for the club. After studyi...
Views: 470   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2006 7:59pm
by GARY K
Public apology to Lance and the DMAC
Dear DMAC members It seems that I have stirred up some ugly postings on the forum when I voiced my opinion on the current election process. I thought the forum was just that a group of people who come together to talk and share their feelings and common interest...
Views: 425   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2006 7:45pm
by GARY K
1923 Star
I've just purchased a 1923 Durant Star - a very rare car over here in England. The papers included editions of your club magazine, so it may be known to you. I would like to join the club - is it possible to pay by card? - much easier than bank transfer etc. I'd l...
Views: 310   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2006 12:51pm
by Mike Mcdowall
Paint door jams?
Hi fellow Durant lovers, This a question for my 1929 Model 60 touring. Can someone tell me if the Wood part of the door jams get painted the same color as the car? If so do you use a wood paint or the same paint as you would use on the outside?
Views: 238   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 15, 2006 9:11am
by Jan Arnett
78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87

The Durant Motors Automobile Club