Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
oil filter / hood hold downs 30 - 33 D's / Frontenac's
Hi fellows. Continuing the previous discussions about oil filters and "Roberts" under Hood Hinge Hold Downs he's another venue. May have a source for the chrome hood ends yet, as well from Tod. Hi Norm, I have a few oil filters on the shelf and don't change the...
Views: 514   Replies: 15
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 12:34pm
by Carlos Lopez-Rui...
Removal of Steering Wheel?
Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can remove the wheel on my 1926 Flint Junior Z-18 so I can send it away for restoration? My mechanic is stumped.
Views: 334   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 4:07pm
by Jim Greenamyer
Website Updates
Ok, We have lots of new stuff added to the website. First, Terje Bratveit has sent me scanned copies of the November 1922 issue of Durant's Standard. I converted all of the pages to a single PDF file and posted it to the Special Interest section. One word of warni...
Views: 349   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 5:00pm
by Rick Botti
Star Motor & Trans on ebay
Hi All........ Some one from the west coast needs to jump on this a Star motor and Trans in San Francisco starting at 99 cents and also no reserve. same seller has a rad & shell also eBay item # 170078596338 Good luck......Frank ---
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 5:52am
by Bob DeAngelis
1929 Durant coupe for sale
Model 60 for sale. Needs complete restoration. Picture of car was in the magazine June of 2004. Asking $4300.00 phone 317-223-9781
Views: 503   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 7:55pm
by Larry
1923 Star 2dr runabout [roadster].
Hi everyone I have made arrangements to save another one of our great cars.1923 star runabout [roadster].It needs work but it will be a great project.I need any info I can get on this car.The roof is missing completely and one headlamp, bumpers front and rear.Any hel...
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 11:21pm
by Dave Roberts [TH...
Side view mirror(s)
Looking for appropriate (quality) side/rear view mirrors. Hate to drill holes in the doors for mounting, however o.k. if appropriate. Any original type designs recommended and their source? Thanks much.
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 2:56pm
by Ron Hast
Parts Source
Try the "fillingstation.com" Lots of interesting stuff even if it is Chevy parts in general. Honeycomb Rad cores--window channel-6volt alternaters--seat belts and much more Good Luck
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 5:59am
by curtis smith
r
Ryan
Have no clue what our Durant on Ebay is worth.....
..but if it doesn't bring $20k we'll probably keep in the fam or let Barrett Jackson decide what its worth... any comments? thanks
Views: 723   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 7, 2007 8:32pm
by gary kauffman
8 volt battery vs 6 volt
What's everyones thoughts on using an 8 volt battery instead of a 6 volt. I was reading of someone who used it and said his starting and lights were much brighter and he had had no problems with this system. Anyone else used and 8 volt.
Views: 496   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 7, 2007 10:14am
by bobby carter
Durant sales booklet - Poertner Motor Car Co
I have a Durant sales booklet with the name Poertner Motor Car Co showing models of the early 20s. I'm not a collector or dealer but I wonder if any of your members might be interested in it? 1) booklet is 6 x 4 3/4, 12 pgs, sepia 2) it contains description...
Views: 232   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 10:15pm
by Dave Roberts [TH...
brake rods
Has anyone got a picture of the emergency brake rod . I have a lot of rods but no rod for the emergency brake It goes from the hand lever to the cross rod.I cant quite figure how to build one since it must work when you pull the lever --and not work when you push th...
Views: 365   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 7:18pm
by Ken McCormick
Owners Manual
Help please. I'd like to get hold of an Owner's Manual for my 1923 Star Touring. Original or copy would be fine - I've tried a few US dealers without luck. Any ideas please. I have the Repair Manual for this car and would be happy to copy any part to any who might n...
Views: 473   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 9:58am
by Mike McDowall
restoration to resume
My name is Mud! Some how my aunt, who gave me the 33 Durant sedan, found out that I was thinking of selling the car which has been in our family since it rolled off the production line in Leaside. The confersation we had on this matter is unprintable. She wounldn't...
Views: 247   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 10:14pm
by ross hoevet
Firewall
Can someone help me with some pictures of the firewall (cowl) on a 25 Star? Need the view under the hood showing what is mounted and what holes go through into the car and what goes through them. Mine as several holes that I don't think should be there and there is a...
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 4:04pm
by Frank Witkowski
durants in movies
For pictures of our cars in the movies go to www.imcdb.org/movie, then click on the home page.Type in your movie, and pictures of the cars will come up(eg bonnie and clyde,timecop--note not identified yet).Has a vast listing of cars in movies and tv
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 3:46pm
by Frank Witkowski
Steering Wheel
OK - my '24 Star is up and running - thanx to help from many of you. Now for some cosmetics! My wooden steering wheel is OK, but to replace it, does somebody make them or best to have one handmade? Help, please... KC
Views: 230   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 8:01pm
by Bill Hoaglan
A Star Shines at Hershey
Hi All....... If you look in the latest AACA winners list from the Fall Meet at Hershey in Class 17B You will see that members Ron & Gloria Wiersma recieved a Second Junior for their BEAUTIFUL 1928 Star. If you've been to any of the ECC meets or the New Jerse...
Views: 374   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 1:35pm
by Bill DeVries
1923 Star Roadster For Sale
Hi All....... I've found a 1923 Star Model C Runabout (Roadster) for sale. The car has been in the same family since 1950 is complete except for the top. Located in Maine. I Have the contact information . Any interest ???? Frank ---
Views: 850   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 5:25am
by Mike Linthicum
For sale 1930 Durant Rumble Seat coupe
Very nice model 613 Coupe .older restoraion,Rumble seat.Nice interior&engine &driveline are great.Artillery Wheels&Wide White walls.Light Grey body with dark blue interior&DarkFenders &trim.I can e-mail a photo on request.Asking price is $12,000.00 CDN.funds.Call eve...
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 7:15pm
by Larry
Rear fender 1932
Well here we go again with another quirk on the 32 ? Talking to Gord Curl his Fronty rear fenders have a different moulding that doesn't sweep around the bottom of the fender like the Durant's do. When we picked up the car I noted this slot on the bottom of the fe...
Views: 294   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 3:35am
by Norm Toone
d
Dennis
1931 Devaux brakes
Hello All, Does anyone know where I could purchase the steel brake cables for the 1931 Devaux? I understand that the 31 614 Durant had the same brakes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dennis
Views: 443   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 6:59pm
by Gordon F. Curl
DMAC National Meet Auburn 2007! Be there or be square!
Ok fellow Durantonians. You will want to make your reservations early on this one. I've been challenged to make this the best and greatest DMAC Annual Meeting ever! That's a hard shoe to follow but the ECC is sure going to try. I finalized the hotel yesterday which...
Views: 497   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 5:50pm
by gary kauffman
RACING DURANTS
MEMBERS COULD ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE SPEEDSTERS OR RACING CARS SEND ME PICTURES AND HITORY,PICTURES OF SPECIAL PARTS,THANKS. ANY DURANT OR CARS USING DURANT PARTS OF INTEREST TO ME THANKYOU. BRIAN BOYS
Views: 329   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 3:52pm
by Rick Botti
Can You Decode Block Number?
I have come across another neat project. I am a heavy 20's early 30's Chrysler product collector, so the Star car is all new to me. I have come up with a rough early to mid 20's Delivery truck. I don't think it's a Depot Hack because it has a full bed (no rear seatin...
Views: 307   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 3:12am
by NormToone
quality chrome plating facility?
Other than the chrome shop that Lance uses in California, has anyone had any good dealings with any of the other ones out there? So many of the chrome shops are bumper replaters not show chrome facilities. How about any of the big ones, Graves or Pauls? Any small s...
Views: 368   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 8:14pm
by Mike Rice
D65 Battery Cables
Could somebody please tell me the size of the battery cables for my D65. And also what is the proper mounting place for the ground cable. My ground cable is attached to the frame,however I don't feel this is right as there is no ground strap to the frame from the eng...
Views: 267   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 5:29am
by Lawrence
1931 DeVaux for sale
OK East Coast Durant Club members, here is a good one for someone. Yesterday I talked to a man in Mississippi that wants to sell a good-complete 1931 DeVaux Standard sedan. He got it from an estate and has the original Bill of Sale. It was purchased new from the R...
Views: 433   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 9:24pm
by Gary Yelle
DEVAUX car bodies
Hello, I have been researching the net on info about the Devaux car. At the site coachbuilt.com there seems to be a descrepancy on who built the bodies for Devaux. The Hayes article claims ownership of the Devaux, but at the bottom of the Murray article in the engin...
Views: 329   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 9:11pm
by Gary Yelle
New batch of DMAC license plate toppers are in!
OK Durantonians I just received today the new batch of 60 license plate toppers so I will start filling the orders I've received so far on Monday evening 11-27-2006 when I return from my Thanksgiving holiday out of town. If you think you want one, then please place y...
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 5:00pm
by Mike Linthicum
Just Posted
Just posted pictures of Norman Toone's 1932 6-14 Sedan in both the Durant Photographs and Current Projects page. Rick
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 11:41am
by Rick Botti
Another Rescue
It's not much but at least most of it will see future use! I retrieved this A-22 from Brian,Tex the other day. It is fitted with a Durant issued W-5 from 1928. The touring body is mostly gone but the cowl could be reused with some care. Fortunately I have a ve...
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 9:47am
by Rick Botti
Listing on Durant cars
Can any one tell me whether the Durant Cars web site is updated on a regular basis. I have supplied information on my D40 Rugby To registry@ Durantcars.com on three occasions over the past 8 months but still have not been listed. Although I note a number of new addit...
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 5:44am
by NormToone
My 1927 Durant...what fun!
Just thought Id throw in my 2 cents worth...all thats left after buying some parts! Stumbled on my Durant last summer for $300.00 Runs good body rotted out. Am making pickup body using all steel. I hope not to make any Durant people mad at me about that. I live b...
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2007 11:06pm
by Fred Scholl
Rubber Balls for Forward Universal Joint
Can any one help me please. I am looking for 16 rubber balls to fit Front universal joint of my Rugby D40. Name of Supplier in Australia, NewZealand, America. Would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks,John
Views: 262   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 4:42pm
by Frank Witkowski
a
Adam
Headlight lens size
I have a 1928 M2 that I am doing a ground up restoration on . I'm working on the headlights right at this time, and the ones I have are the newer sealed beam kind. I would like to turn mine back to the original lens and reflector. I would like to find out the size a...
Views: 310   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 5:40am
by Frank Witkowski
Hood hinge hold downs
Couldn't think what you called the two parts that hold the hood in place at cowl and rad shell. My 32 614 has the chrome center like a 618 / 19 hood not like a normal center round rod hinge. I have 4 bolts and two riser things but not the actual part for each end. Do...
Views: 701   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 9:04am
by Bill Hoaglan
radiator
I'm looking for a radiator core for my 25 Star. I have 2 radiators, both cores are bad. Are honeycomb cores available? Has anyone changed to a newer style core? I'm looking for options and recomendations. Thanks, Glenn
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2007 5:17am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
Butters Reproductions
I recently had a pair of door handles made by Butters Reproductions using an original that Bob Fleguel generously loaned me and that Reg Bent graciously hand carried up to Mike and Neil. The results were fantastic! All of these gentlemen are assets to the club! Many...
Views: 530   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 11:09am
by NormToone
!931 Devaux
Greetings All, I just purchased a 1931 Devaux Sedan. You have a great site! Dennis
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 8:54am
by Dennis Murphy
NEW SHEETMETAL PARTS
I HAD A NEW HOOD AND SPLASH PANS MADE FOR MY 23 STAR RESTORATION BY ROOTLIEB OF CALIFORNIA. THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB AND VERY REASONABLE. AND THE WORK WAS DELIVERED, ON THE DATE, AS PROMISED. EVERYTHING MATCHED UP PERFECT.ANYONE NEEDING THESE SAME PARTS SHOULD BE A...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 6:27am
by ed vomero
Join Durant Motos Club
Hi, I am Brazilian and I have a Durant Sport Roadster 1927 and a Rugby Pick up 1926 and a Rugby 4 dors for restore . I would like an address of email to send the photo of my car. I would like, also to verify which the procedure to become me partner of the club...
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 8:55pm
by Rick Botti
Cleveland Ohio
Any Durantonians living or close to the Cleveland, Ohio area. Need information for East Coast Chapter Spring Meet.
Views: 389   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 5:45pm
by Mike Linthicum
Electric water pump
I am converting my 6 cylinder Continental engine over to 12 volts, and I would like to replace the existing water pump to an electric pump. Can someone tell me what type of pump I can use and where I could get one from. Thank You...
Views: 778   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 12:48am
by Frank Lersch
1923-2007
If you should have or find a 1923 Calendar, dust it off and hang it up on your wall somewhere. That's because the years 2007 & 1923 share the same calendar.
Views: 300   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 2:30pm
by Rick Botti
Durant patents
Fun new website (leave it to google!) http://www.google.com/patents Type in Durant Motors and see the patents Durant took out (with drawings!) Ross
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 5:33pm
by ross hoevet
W5 engine rear cranckshaft seal
At the rear end of the W5 engine is a casted part that holds 180° of the packing that seals the cranckshaft. The other 180° of the groove are in the block , the casting part, also colects the leaking oil and sends it back to the carter. What is the best...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 2:30am
by Ricardo H. Colom...
fender mount lamps
Does anyone have a source for the small fender mounted lamps for a 1930 deluxe coupe? I need a couple . Thought maybe I would try motorcycle clearance lights or turn signals and change the bulbs and lenses --but they are very costly Also looking for the two small mi...
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 10:37pm
by Ken McCormick
Top bow socket
I'm in need of a top bow socket (left side) for a 1923 Star Touring. Mine is broken and could be repaired but I would rather replace it.
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2007 8:07am
by Jan Arnett
Door handles 619 ?
Looking for two more of these for passenger side of the 1932 614. Seem to be 619. One key if possible.
Views: 233   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 8, 2007 1:11pm
by NormToone
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82

The Durant Motors Automobile Club