Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Blessed Thanksgiving to all
Good morning and a blessed Thanksgiving to all of you! We hope this holiday is a special one and to give thanks for all the blessings we have received throughout the past year. Be sure to share this holiday season with your families and friends!
Views: 115   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 27, 2020 12:07pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Blessed Thanksgiving to all
Good morning and a blessed Thanksgiving to all of you! We hope this holiday is a special one and we want to remember give thanks for all the blessings we have received throughout the past year. Be sure to share this holiday season with your families and friends and b...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2020 7:31am
by S. Blomquist
starters
On my '29 M4 the starter is slow turning over can anyone tell what the problem might be?
Views: 151   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2020 6:05am
by S. Blomquist
Fall 2020 Durant Partner
Hello all, The fall edition of The Durant Partner has been sent to Mike for approval. It's a little later than I intended, but I have been securing a new full-time position. The past few weeks have been unexpectedly busy. However, I think you'll be pleased with th...
Views: 356   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 26, 2020 5:55am
by S. Blomquist
fuel pump pressure
I see a picture of a car with a electric pump pump. We want to put one on our car, my problem is what fuel pump pressure is possible. I assume the car can not handle a high pressure pump. But I am having a hard time finding a very low pressure pump with our 6 volt sy...
Views: 171   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 25, 2020 2:13pm
by Don M Gaskill
21 inch rims
One of the front rims are wrong for the durant car, believe they are from a model T. Wondering where we can buy a used 21 inch rim for our car. yes they are 21 front and 20 rear? Thanks for any help in our quest to get the car back on the ground with tires....
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2020 4:40pm
by William Durant
installing rubber balls in Durant transmission
I have read somewhere, maybe on this forum, about how to install the rubber ball joints between the clutch throwout and the gearbox on Durant cars approx 1928. If anyone can throw some light on this source of information it would be much appreciated.
Views: 212   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 24, 2020 8:50am
by mike b
Thermostat
Does anyone know what the temperature rating is for the original Motorstat thermostat P/N 24567 that came in the 14L engine in 1929? A Carquest P/N 32497 which has a rating of 170 degrees fits the housing. Thanks in advance for any information. Phil
Views: 177   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 16, 2020 4:12pm
by Phil Peters
battery box
Ross, I've been looking for one of those battery boxes for my optima battery. Where can I get one?
Views: 136   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 14, 2020 8:07am
by Curtis Bartell
m
mike b
project star on Zoom
Calling all Mechanics and Junior Mechanics! Come join us on a Zoom Tech Sesh...11/21 @ Noon Pacific Time. We'll be troubleshooting a 1925 Star and hope to get her off the trailer and back on the road. Contact me for Zoom link if you're in for some educational fun...y...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2020 8:17am
by mike b
hub bolts
just purchased the durant car a week ago, we have 20inch rear and 21 front rims. the wheel bolts are 7/16x? by 3.25 long, need to find new ones? Also the heavy cast clips the bolts go thru are different from back to front. looking for help on bolts and these cas...
Views: 161   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 12, 2020 7:44pm
by Norm Toone
Mike Larsen's Durant stash
Just got back from the estate sale of Mike and Rosalie Larson in Vancouver Washington. A lot of Durant parts still there. Myself, Phil Peters, Mike and Bert Babick were there scouring through the treasure trove. Bert got quite a bit and I got some trinket items. The...
Views: 364   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 3, 2020 9:12am
by mike b
g
Gary
Rumble seat rollers
Does anybody have pictures (or spares) of what the rumble seat rollers look like for a 1926-29 Star Durant?
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2020 12:15pm
by Gary
USL battery logo
I use a Optima 6volt battery that I've put in a reproduction 6volt battery case. I reproduced a USL logo that I got from the 6-14 instruction manual. Too much time on my hands. Ross
Views: 345   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 27, 2020 11:06pm
by ross hoevet
New Durant owner Michigan with a 1929 Model 60 Sedan
New Durant owner ‎Ben Logan in Michigan just purchased a 1929 Model 60 Sedan Below is a link to pictures posted to the Durant Motors Autombile Club FaceBook page. https://www.facebook.com/durantmotors/inbox/3713966415349950/?notif_id=1602463157679043&no...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2020 8:43pm
by Rick Botti
Virtual Museum
I visited the virtual museum for the first time today. I like what I see there. I did notice that some of the links do not work: the Clothing section does not work, just get a 404 error message. I think all of our club members should visit the virtual museum, and th...
Views: 233   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 1, 2020 10:26am
by Robert Bush
Badge Auction
There is an online auction of a large collection of badges. There are several Durant and Star badges. Auction ends soon. Here's a link: https://www.icollector.com/search.aspx?q=durant&p=1&ps=20&is=1&ex=0&so=13&sf=1&hi=0
Views: 154   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2020 8:42pm
by Vincent OBrien
Cyndi Passing
Cyndi succumbed to her battle with prostate cancer at 5:30pm on 11 Sept. 2020 . She fought with the same courage and tenacity that she lived her life, but it was just too much for her to conquer. Although she was so tiny and frail in the end her only thoughts were th...
Views: 254   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2020 8:33pm
by Vincent OBrien
Linn Ford (My dad)
For those of you who haven't heard, my dad was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma (aggressive brain cancer) on Aug 21. He declined treatment due to the advanced nature of the condition and quality of life that would result from the treatment. Shortly after his diagnosi...
Views: 285   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 19, 2020 3:29am
by Adam B Ford
SOLD the 1927
Got gobs of parts left over if anyone needs anything, plus a Spare engine. Had lots of fun with it and did have the engine running for while but now I can concentrate on my true love of old cars. My 1930 Model A Ford phaeton.
Views: 178   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2020 9:02pm
by David Coppess
pictures needed for a new 2021 calendar
Stephanie is in the process of compiling a Durant calendar for 2021. She is in need of pictures. Since most cars are long and the calendar page is square, any pictures provided need to have some foreground and back ground to crop. Also need pictures taken with high...
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2020 11:38am
by Robert Smith
1923 Durant A22 touring
Pictures from the restoration of Ken Crouch 1923 Durant A22 touring are now in the Durant photographs section. Rick
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2020 7:23pm
by Rick Botti
Summer 2020 Durant Partner, Have you got yours yet.
Please let me know who has not received their Summer issue of the newly designed Partner. According to the printer it was mailed our of his place in Ohio on August 17th. I know some have received theirs as did I on August 23rd. I see that Don Shilling just received h...
Views: 324   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 13, 2020 12:00am
by Ted kruger
See how smart we are!?!
This week was to be our National Tour in Clackamas OREGON, which we so wisely cancelled. I live in Clackamas about a mile from our host hotel, and I can barely see across my street from our local wildfire outbreak and subsequent smoke and ash fallout. I know the meet...
Views: 187   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2020 2:40pm
by Bill Hoaglan
found old certicate
1928 5 shares. Paper was folded in thirds, otherwise in great condition. What can I do with it?
Views: 117   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2020 2:45pm
by Katie Gundersen
lubrication system
Quick question please. I have a 1926 Durant Star coupster and there is an oil pressure gauge. It does not register when running. I have disconnected the oil line from the pressure sensor port, started the engine and oil comes squirting out. Not excessively but come o...
Views: 258   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 9, 2020 5:54pm
by Mark Duran
2020 Summer Newsletter Done: Coming Attractions
Hello! I'm so pleased to announce I've sent the summer edition of the newsletter to the printer. I hope you enjoy this edition. It may look a little different, but I believe that overall it should be a pleasing refresh. I'm very grateful to Carol, Mike, and Bob fo...
Views: 326   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 1, 2020 10:13am
by Shawn Humphrey
Piston installation
Re-assembling 1927 Continental 14L engine for the owner (Ron Weirsma), but now unsure of the orientation of the pistons. They are .040 oversize and have a slot on one side of the skirt. (expansion slot?) Does it make a difference whether the slot in the skirt is on...
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2020 3:59am
by Bill
Mike Larsen estate
Hi all: This morning I called the man in Newburg Oregon that is preparing the auction of Mike and Rosie Larsen estate. He has many things to do to get the cars (and tons of parts) ready for auction. Hi is going to use e-bay as he does now for the cars. Mike did gi...
Views: 204   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 24, 2020 11:12pm
by Gary Yelle
Clutch Depth
I going to have a spare clutch pressure plate assemble rebuilt. I my plan to have all the parts ready ahead of time so I can get the car back on the road as soon aa possible. The shop asked for the clutch depth, this is a number I don't have. Does any know what...
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2020 9:20am
by Rick Botti
engine mounting
I am currently redoing portions of my 1926 Star 4 restoration which was begun in 1975 ( not a typo ). Career and life required a move, at which time the car was put into storage about two months away from being finished. Needless to say time in a dusty mini storage w...
Views: 192   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2020 7:14pm
by cdmn
zoom
I would like to thank all that attended the tech, pacific coast meeting and the Wine and Whine zoom sessions. For people who aren't familiar with Zoom, it is a platform for people to have a meetings via the web. You will get a e-mail with a active link that 5 min bef...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2020 8:57am
by mike babick
Durant Partner Address
Hello all, You'll notice that the Durant Partner - on schedule to deliver for printing on August 1 - has a new address on it. I'm no longer in Phoenix. My address, and the address for the Partner, is now- 660 Bonita Ave. 18D Claremont, CA 91711 Have a gr...
Views: 142   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2020 2:09pm
by Shawn Humphrey
Looking for 1925 Star Roadster correct Pinstriping?
Does anyone have a pic or drawing of what the factory-correct pinstriping was for the F Roadster in 1925? I have one and would like to have it done correctly. Thank you, James
Views: 186   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 26, 2020 12:20pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Distributor Help
Hello: I am a new Star owner and am joining your terrific club. My original distributor crumbled away from what the previous owner told me and they either made one or got this one from a club member who made some. I was just wondering can anyone identify this one?...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2020 7:18am
by Michael
Rosalie Larsen
Our Friends Art & Deb Sell in Vancouver, Washington reported the sad news that our friend Rosalie Larsen passed away on Friday 7-10. She went peacefully at her home in Vancouver. This photo of Rosalie with her award winning 1930 Durant 6-17 coupe taken at the HCCA...
Views: 194   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2020 7:12am
by Mike Linthicum
Your Durantonian tech on zoom
If you haven't seen on Facebook (both sites) that we are having a meet your tech and answer question seminar. This is for our members only. The date is Friday 07/10/20 at 17:00 pacific time. Our new editor will pop in and say hi. I hope to meet some new friends and o...
Views: 187   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 10, 2020 8:55pm
by mike babick
California to Michigan
Hi all: Anyone planning a trip to Michigan area from California with a empty trailer? Could wait to Fall and Hershey time. Gary garyyelle@msn.com
Views: 191   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 5, 2020 4:52am
by Mike Linthicum
Throttle control
Pretty basic question here but both the rod from the accelerator and the spring from the throttle control are not attached to anything and I need to reattach them in the right place on a 1923 Star. There are two holes in the arm behind the carburetor that I assume th...
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2020 10:17am
by Jim Simmons
new editor in town
The Durant Club has a new editor; Shawn Humphrey lives in Phoenix, his email is irishboy51@gmail.com The plan is for Shawn to produce the next "Partner". The goal at this time is to have the next "Partner" ready August 1st. That would require members to provide...
Views: 228   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 24, 2020 3:19pm
by Shawn Humphrey
Starter Button
The starter button on my 1925 Star quickly becomes warm and reduces the current to the starter. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?
Views: 190   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 18, 2020 11:45am
by Ross Hoevet
Carburetor identification?
Hello, I have a 1925 Star Roadster that has a finicky carburetor. Can anyone reach out and help me identify the carb in order for me to adjust and get it set properly. It is hard to start and keep running. Thank you, James 630-608-3978 text/call email: anteekgu...
Views: 196   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 17, 2020 9:49am
by Vince OBrien
Starter Bendix?
Does anyone have a good starter bendix for sale? My collar has detached from the teeth on my starter bendix and although it was brazed once, it has let loose again.
Views: 147   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2020 2:47pm
by Vince OBrien
Parts Book for a 25 Star
Does anyone have a parts book for a 25 Star?
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2020 7:41am
by mark armer
Car hauler for Tall car
How do you guys transport your cars ? I bought a 20’ car hauler but doesn’t make it up the ramp without hitting the roof . I thought about removing wheels but would have to build a nice rolling stand . Any suggestions ? I suppose building a raised loading...
Views: 171   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 11, 2020 10:22am
by Bob Smith
lubrication
I am looking for a copy of a lubrication chart for my 1931 Durant 614 and the 1926 Locomobile junior 8. I don't need an original ,just looking for the information to made sure I do a thorough job. Thanks Kenn
Views: 157   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 10, 2020 2:17pm
by Norm Toone
j
Jeremy
Durant advertisement
I am looking for some info on this Durant advertisement. Cannot find another one online anywhere. Has anyone else seen it or know what year it is from? Maybe a dealership advertisement? Has really cool graphics. Thank you in advance. pic hosting free
Views: 385   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 8:13pm
by cdmn
Oil Pan Gasket
Does anyone know a source for an oil pan gasket for my 25 Star other than Olsen's?
Views: 200   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 1, 2020 8:09pm
by John Connor
Coolant
I have just gone through my coolant system. New radiator core, rebuilt water pump, flushed block, etc. would like some advise on what to run as coolant. Read posts on the web that it is not adviseable to use antifreeze. My radiator guy didn’t think it was a pro...
Views: 235   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 1, 2020 5:29pm
by Ross Hoevet
Ammeter
My ammeter stopped registering. Stuck in the middle. Car runs and starts. I've never had this kind of problem. So where should I start to find and fix the problem?
Views: 133   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 30, 2020 3:04pm
by ross hoevet
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

The Durant Motors Automobile Club