Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Water pump installation
I had the water pump rebuilt for my 1928 Star. Wanted to know if there is a recommended length for the hose that connects the water pump to the generator/ distributor as well as the placement of the holes for the clamps on each end. I noticed that the water pump shaf...
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2022 8:48pm
by John Strieb
1929 LA Auto Show up in flames: Were Durant cars there???
On March 5, 1929 the 16th annual Los Angeles Auto Show went up in flames. The show was held under giant outdoor tents, and when a fire started it destroyed nearly 400 hundred cars as well as boats and airplanes. Many well know brands of cars and many less well known...
Views: 110   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2022 8:43am
by Robert Bush
What's wrong with this picture?
What is wrong with one of the pics in this Rugby add?
Views: 151   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2022 8:54am
by Bill Hoaglan
Road Trip Goodie Run
Just got back from upper Missouri and scored a pair of Durant wire wheels, (application to be determined later. They are 5 lug with the killer snap ring), a NOS Star C left front fender, and a set of NOS side curtains for the C and F touring cars. These will be saved...
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2022 2:03pm
by Don Shilling
Ken McCormick
It is with sadness that I must let Durantonian's know of the passing of Ken McCormick on Dec. 12, 2021. Ken was an active member for many years and made many friends at Durant conventions. We offer a toast to Ken (Yukon Jack) which was a favourite of Ken's drink and...
Views: 201   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 31, 2021 6:15pm
by Peggy Spitz
Star W4 Exhaust Manifold
Here's something many of us may have come across concerning the exhaust manifold without the castellated gland nut. How is the exhaust pipe secured in the manifold?
Views: 201   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 30, 2021 5:49pm
by Don Shilling
Tail light for 23/24/25 Durant Star.
Looking to buy a 1923/24/or 25 Tail light for my finished Car.
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2021 5:03am
by Robert Heath
Think about donating to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation this year!
Well for all you U.S. Durantonians who are looking for a place to donate some money before the end of the year before the end of our tax season, please take a moment and consider donating any amount to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation this year. Donatio...
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2021 10:13am
by Mike Linthicum
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays!
This week gets busy and crazy, but I wanted to take a moment to wish all my fellow Durantonians a very Happy holiday season! I hope you all remain healthy, Covid free and have great times with friends and family. Hope to see all of you at some of the Durant events ne...
Views: 71   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2021 1:47pm
by Don Shilling
Star engine for sale
Star engine for sale in Portland, OR. Ebay #133942145662. Tag on engine is 376487. Complete engine, less flywheel, carb and distributor.
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2021 12:52pm
by Robert Bush
W5 Valve Springs
Well, I am doing a valve job on my little M2/M4/D40 coupe, I am gathering up parts and have found the needed valves between Egge and Ebay, however not having any luck at finding a set of valve springs, has anyone had any luck finding valve springs for our W5 engines...
Views: 142   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 15, 2021 6:55am
by Mike Linthicum
The main different of M2 & M4
What is the different in a M2 & M4?
Views: 131   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2021 5:30am
by Norm Toone
W. C. Durant's birthday
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to William Crapo Durant
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2021 12:26pm
by Bob Smith
Preparing new Windshield Glas
I'm preparing new Windshield Glass for the 31 Durant, all went well until I tried installing the side pieces. Since I didn't remove them I'm not completely sure as to how they go back together. The metal piece that I thought went over the rubber that fits around the...
Views: 143   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 2, 2021 9:47pm
by Ross
The new DMAC calender
The all new DMAC calendar for 2022 is now available. They are priced at $20.00US each plus shipping. Shipping is for US members $5.95 for Canadians $21.25US for everywhere else postage is $26.00US These make excellent Christmas presents and stocking stuffers...
Views: 167   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 28, 2021 4:39pm
by Don Gaskill
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
To all of our DMAC US friends. HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM ALL YOUR CANADIAN BUDDIES. We are still getting over eating all the turkeys that we had up here in Canada a few weeks ago. Enjoy yourselves, but leave room for a little Christmas Turkey!! No snow up here ... y...
Views: 88   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 28, 2021 7:44am
by mike b
waterpump rebuild kit
My name is Jacques of Jacques' mobile repair I specialize in vintage vehicles . One of my customers has a 29 Durant that I maintain . The car is all original and in pristine condition . Im looking for information on waterpump parts or an available rebuild kit. any he...
Views: 191   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 26, 2021 12:16pm
by Don Shilling
E Bay problems
Rick: I seem to be having problems with the Ebay on the DMAC page. When I click on an item, everything works OK, then if I click on one of the other pictures of the item, noting happens. Sometimes I would like to see the other pictures the person has listed. Just wo...
Views: 145   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 22, 2021 11:23am
by Norm Toone
Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation.
Hello Durantonians! As we start to draw near to the end of the year and our thoughts turn to year end donations to various non profits here in the United States please consider making a donation to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation inc. You can easily d...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2021 4:51pm
by Mike Linthicum
Roadster Interior and Top Pictures
Hi All, Well if you remember the post "Following A Star" Cathy's roadster is ready for the interior and top. What we need are any reference pictures of the interiors used in Durant or Star roadsters. Please help us get the car ready for the Flint Meet! Thanks.....
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2021 11:56am
by frank witkowski
Needing help!
Just a good news - bad news note. GOOD NEWS, just bought a 1925 STAR SPORT TOURING CAR that had major restorations nearly finished: the Bad news, in the restoration process, the restorer "lost" major parts - e.g. steering column, dash gauges, door handles, top irons...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2021 6:50pm
by Dennis Olson
star motor
my father who lives in upstate ny has a star motor in his shed if wanted you can have it free before it goes for scrap thanks jeff
Views: 131   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2021 8:43am
by Donald G Chrysle...
Rusty Star and ? parts available for free (well sorta)
A member moving out of the SF area passed his parts hoard on to me. I'd like to get rid of them (Um, to see them put to good use). They are free to Club members but you have to pay for boxing, shipping and insurance. You can view them by following this link: ht...
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2021 8:10am
by Dennis Olson
Star chassis rear axle
how to fix the resolution on my computer I'm looking for a pinion assembly for my axle, it was made into a trailer and the opening is blocked off. My Rear axle has external brake bands... this one, which I think is a star rear axle... or at least looks the same,...
Views: 130   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 26, 2021 6:40am
by Norm Toone
Mounting Windshield Wiper
I've been going through an old box of parts and rebuilt the windshield wiper, but when it comes to mounting it, well something is either missing or upside down. Any ideas? Rick
Views: 130   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 24, 2021 10:59pm
by Ross Hoevet
distributor curve
does anyone have specs for distibutor curve for a w4 1924 engine thanks
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2021 2:18pm
by jeffrey quicksel...
How to ID the year and Model of a Star Chassis
Hello, I'm Looking at maybe buying a Star Chassis that was used as a farm Wagon. Need help with it's ID. The Fellow that owned it had collected several engines and Transmissions he has 2 radiators one with a rounded top and the other is taller with the notched corne...
Views: 202   Replies: 13
Last Post: Oct 12, 2021 1:05pm
by Don Shilling
m
mike b
Hershey swapmeet
Is anyone going to the swapmeet in Hershey. I was told at National meet tent will be set up. If so, my dad and I will stop by. I hope its in the same spot as 2 years ago. please advise
Views: 105   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 27, 2021 11:14am
by Mike Linthicum
23rd Annual Durant Meet, Grand Junction, CO
Tom and Lisa Schaffer did an outstanding job of hosting the annual Durant get-together. From the Alpaca introduction to the all female chorus, there wasn't a detail missed. Their tireless efforts were appreciated and a great time was had by all those that attended....
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2021 10:11am
by Bob Smith
Paint Color Chart for Durant Products
I understand that at one time someone published a color chart for the Durant or Star automobiles, and it was published in one of the Gillis years Durant Standard. Does anyone have one of these charts, or know of where I can obtain one. It would be great to have one s...
Views: 1177   Replies: 31
Last Post: Sep 23, 2021 2:38pm
by ALEXANDER SANGER
place where there are ser number
I got a Durant in AZ but can not find a ser. number no plate on dash
Views: 180   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 22, 2021 4:39am
by Norm Toone
DON'T MISS THE 2021 NATIONAL MEET
We are three weeks out from our 2021 National Meet in Grand Junction Colorado! Our block of rooms is good until August 30. Still time to make your reservations. See you there!
Views: 166   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2021 8:47am
by mike b
starter bushings
Looking for a set of starter bushings for a '29 Durant M-4 with a W5 motor if any one has any or can tell me where to find some let me know gaskill_d@msn.com -
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2021 8:19pm
by Don M Gaskill
What Projects are you working on?
Hey Durant, Star, Flint, Locomobile, Rugby owners, What Projects are you working on right now?
Views: 260   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 19, 2021 3:01pm
by Curtis Bartell
National Meet In Grand Junction Update ?
Hi Tom. Can you give us an update on conditions in Grand Junction and what we can expect in the way of health measures? The COVID news appears to be an uptick in case counts just about everywhere, including here in Washington State. In Idaho last Tuesday, there were...
Views: 149   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2021 7:12am
by Robert Bush
Data plate for registration.
Does anyone in our group sell or make plates for motor registration.I see some on ebay but I cannot get in on their Web.They seem rather expensive.
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 30, 2021 9:04am
by Robert Heath
Tire Change Vid
Here is a link to the split rim tire change vid https://youtu.be/Vc_CuC7LAeU
Views: 114   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2021 9:19pm
by ross hoevet
Hi-temp Paint
I'm finishing my wooden spokes on my 1928 Durant M-2 to be a natural look and painting my brake drums and hubs to be a glossy black. It was mentioned to me that the brake drums should be painted with a hi-temp paint. Do any of the club members have any thoughts about...
Views: 144   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 24, 2021 8:21pm
by ross hoevet
n
Neil
Coupe Identification help
I’m hoping someone can help shed a little light on the car I just purchased. It was advertised as a 28 but from my internet research I’m wondering if it may be an earlier model. Unfortunately the data plate is missing from the firewall but otherwise the c...
Views: 233   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 23, 2021 7:44am
by Norm Toone
How to Change a Split Rim Tire
How to change a Split Rim Tire by Keith Nordquist has been posted to the Technical Page under Manuals & Other Technical Documentation. Great Video Keith! Enjoy, Rick
Views: 132   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 22, 2021 9:35pm
by ross hoevet
Collector Car Insurance
Just about done my restoration of my Triumph TR6 then on to finish the Durant and have it done my next year I hope. Although the motor rebuild will take about a year at the machine shop. They are backed up a bit. Already had it 6 months. Anyway I was wondering what t...
Views: 146   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 20, 2021 10:26am
by Rick Botti
2021 NATIONAL MEET
The countdown has begun – it’s 80 days until the 2021 National Meet in Grand Junction Colorado. If you haven’t already made your hotel reservations, now is the time. The registration form is on the Durant Website - Club Events page or attached below...
Views: 309   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 18, 2021 5:09pm
by Tom Schaffer
MUSIC for 2021 NATIONAL MEET
Here is the link to the music for the National Meet: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vhKtTAAUFbJU6qvkSIH91_1iNDxhAmIu?usp=sharing Dearest Durant Ladies, I had talked to some of you a couple of meetings ago about putting some songs together to play an...
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2021 9:01am
by Tom Schaffer
Joining split rims
Hi I have the original split rims for my 1928 Rugby/Durant but I notice all the joining tabs that hold the 2 ends of the split together are butchered in one way or other. Does anyone have any bright ideas on a modern day design I could apply to my rims. In fact,...
Views: 216   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 27, 2021 5:48pm
by ross hoevet
Rear Leaf Springs
Hello: Has anyone had their rear springs repaired or had new ones made? If so, can you advise who did the work? My left rear spring is weak and sagging a few inches so the car leans to the left a bit. Am having trouble finding anyone out this way in the Northeast...
Views: 207   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 29, 2021 8:56pm
by ross
Roof again - attaching roof material to front arch ?
Good day gentleman Bill Hoaglan has been very helpful is supplying me with pictures , text and conversion. But....how to attaching roof to front arch is still in question. I understand "hidems" and there usage. I see lot of pictures with the roof material n...
Views: 484   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 13, 2020 6:51am
by Arlene J. Chaves
valve timing
I found a car with a 15L engine and I am planning to build a racer/speedster because only the mechanical part is worthwhile. I am looking for information on the camshaft/tappets specifications and valve overlap. I found that the tappets do not have a plane surface at...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2021 7:09am
by Rogelio Hecker
DMAC 2021 Election of Officers
Hi All, It's that time again As the past president it is my duty to form an election committee and find candidates for the Club offices. If any Club members are interested in helping on the search committee or seeking election to office please contact me at my...
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2021 8:59am
by Mike Linthicum
SAD, SAD NEWS
I just got an message noting the passing of my good friend, Ed Pringlemeir. He was a long time member of DMAC and together we had many great car weekends at his place. He will sure be missed in this area. He owned many cars and traveled all over with them. Sorry to...
Views: 692   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 25, 2021 2:57pm
by Stephan Riffault
Electrical problem
I have an electrical problem on my 1922 Durant Turing model. I’ve had it for several years and though necessity I have learned about old auto mechanics. The car is in good condition but problems keep cropping up. The latest is an electrical problem. It started...
Views: 169   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 24, 2021 7:16am
by Don Shilling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club