Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Proper Horn for '29 D60 ?
Could someone send me a pic of the proper horn and proper location for my '29 D60? I would appreciate it.
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 5:00pm
by Don Shilling
Fire Order
My literature collection is all packed away due to some renovation, can someone provide my the correct firing order for my a22 Thanks again Lew
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 7:36pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Correct Carb On D60
In sorting out my goodies for my '29 D60, I find the carb that came with all the loose parts is a used Tillotson TLW (Trout Line Weight). There was a list of correct carbs used on our cars many years ago and I can't find it. What are you guys running?
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2012 4:53pm
by Phil Peters
What's In Your Garage???
Hi All..... Sometimes it's nice to see some "works in progress". Please share some of your "Treasures" with us. I'll start off with a couple pictures in some of my garages. The first group shows our 6-17, along side the Durant-Dort Blue Ribbon Buggy. T...
Views: 879   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 7, 2012 2:02pm
by Norm Toone
Durant and Stars Found
Has anyone else received an email from Ron Arounde concerning some Durant and Star derelicts stored in a chicken house in Kansas? He said they were about 1/2 mile off I-35 at mile marker 101. He said he would like them hauled away before he sells the property. I've...
Views: 318   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 4, 2012 9:45am
by Frank Witkowski
25 Locomobile Model 48 eng Got away, good price!
Last night on E-bay a big 1925 Loco Model 48 6 Cyl T-head 524.8 cubic inch engine [Non removable head; 3 sets of 2 cylinders bolted to crankcase] sold for $3350 after 18 bids by about 6 people. The engine shown was a "very nice" old engine. This was the huge 103...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 9:27pm
by Lance Chabot
Tornado in Texas
I sure hope Don Shilling is okay in Texarkana- I see the tornado pics on T V and they look to be pretty close to his area. Would hate to see his hangers flying through space scattering all the great cars and parts he has all over Texas. Ken
Views: 226   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 8:39pm
by Don Shilling
Took a drive today
to look at a parts car. The picture the fellow sent me in the mail, yes actual photo on paper, was probably taken quite a few years ago. The condition of the car today is not good. I offered him $200.00 for what was left and he refused and held fast at $800.00. N...
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2012 2:29pm
by Brian D.
Rugby info from down under.
Been emailing Tubby (Pat Davis) in Australia. He's in the Links part of DMAC for want ads Australia. He just sent me this link which is not shown. Interesting about Utility vans plus other info we might not know of. Few pages on Billy as well. http://www.r...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2012 1:43pm
by Norm Toone
New Durant picture update
Just added picture of Don Shilling's new 1929 Durant D60 with Mifflinburg body to the Durant Photographs page. Rick
Views: 264   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 1, 2012 1:01pm
by Bill Hoaglan
Second Argentina Durant cars meet - Segundo encuentro de Argentina de autos Durant.
By this way we are trying to inform not contacted yet Argentine Durant Motors products owners, that we are organizing for March 25th the second meet. Interested contact me or Walter Pre. Por este medio estamos tratando de informar a propietarios de productos de D...
Views: 559   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 1:34pm
by Walter Pre
New Argentina Update
I have added three links to the Previous Events page of last weeks Argentina Meet. Use the Previous Events button to your left. Rick
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2012 12:14am
by Rick Botti
Engine color
What is the correct engine color for a 1925 Star F with Serial # C, black or gray/green? Thank you.
Views: 606   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 30, 2012 2:33pm
by Mike Linthicum
Sedan for sale
Sedan for sale in NY. 1931 4dr Durant. Basket case needing restoration. In Rochester NY. The fellow's name is Parnell Hauser, phone number is 585-216-5656. He did not give a price.He has some pictures. Ross
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 28, 2012 9:12am
by Ross Hoevet
Flywheel timing marks
I took my flywheel off and did not note the position of the timing marks. I have my number one cylinder at T.D.C. and am now wondering where to position the flywheel. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Brian.
Views: 403   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2012 10:54pm
by Brian D.
Camshaft Regrinding
Has anyone had any experience with regrinding a 14L camshaft for modern day operation and fuels? I called Kenyon Machine Shop in San Diego and whoever I talked to literally blew me off and said to find someone in Dallas.
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 8:36pm
by Don Shilling
Re: Tillotson Carburetor for W5
Does anyone have the basic specifications for the 1929 Durant 40 Tillotson Carburetor R-6A for the W5? I am looking for float level setting, idle adjustment turns, idle speed and high speed adjustment turns. Any help in finding the above would be appreciated. Phil
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2012 7:22pm
by Phil Peters
Using different wheels
I am having trouble finding good usable wheels for my '26 coupe and got to wondering if wheels from different manufacturers that would fit? Any thoughts or has anyone tried?
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2012 1:32pm
by Brian D.
Last day to register at the hotel in Charleston for DMAC ECC Spring Meet
Just a reminder that today is the last day to register at the hotel in Charleston to get the DMAC discount rate. If you have not done so yet and even think you might go, contact the hotel and register today! You can always cancel later if your plans change. See the p...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 19, 2012 5:57pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
b
Ben
Star speedster color choices
Hi Star guys. I am completing the bodywork and am now preparing to paint the Star. It is a speedster body. It once had a painted green frame, varnish on the wood spokes, red centers and rims, and siver painted wheels. The body was once yellow with black fenders,...
Views: 578   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 17, 2012 9:47am
by Lance Chabot
Durant musuem in Detroit
In this week's Autoweek magazine(3/19), on page 20 there is an article about Ted Stahl's garage/museum in Detroit Michigan. One of the paragraph's states how Ted is a big fan of Billy Durant and how important Durant was to the Detroit area. Someone from the area shou...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 16, 2012 11:55am
by Ross Hoevet
Updates
Added pictures of Don Palla's 1925 Star Race car to Star Photographs section. Added info and downloadable Registration and Agenda forms to Club Events page. Added Four BIG events this year from Canada to Argentina to Club Events page! Updated items and prices in...
Views: 352   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 15, 2012 8:35am
by Rick Botti
Help to Identify
A fellow I know bought this at auction and is looking for some help identifying what it may be. Here are a few pics. http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/BDomney/Unknown%20chassis/
Views: 447   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 14, 2012 4:11pm
by Brian D.
1926 Flint B-40 For Sale
Hi All...... Here is a link to a Flint for sale in Utah. Looks like a lot of good parts for $2,000 Enjoy......Frank http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list%2Fview&ad=6881429
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2012 11:23am
by Frank Witkowski
Can you identify?
I just purchased a 1929 and have found many things that don't add up. This car was purchased new in 1931 at the Oakland plant by my great grandfather. He owned it until atleast 1942. I have some old 16mm. family movies that show it but are only from a distance. my qu...
Views: 675   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 12, 2012 1:17pm
by Norm Toone
1926 Star Front Wheel Seals
Anyone out there know the make and number of the front wheel seals for a 1926 Star "M" ?
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 10, 2012 8:26pm
by Dennis Olson
The Split Diff
Stop worrying Durant enthusiasts.The diecast insert came out intact, although the metal looks like chip board. My plan is to remove the rest of the spigot so no more metal can cycle through the gears. Then bush the bolt holes so the bolts are a neat fit, all the load...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2012 1:25am
by Russell
Viewing the cars.
Will there be a central location that the cars will be displayed (i.e. Main hotel) to view at a specific time? I'm a new member and haven't been to any of your meetings. Thank you.
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2012 10:46am
by Frank Witkowski
Timing marks on cam and crank gears
I am looking for input on the timing marks on the cam and crank gears on my 14L. I see an 0 mark on each gear but they don't line up with each at any time in the rotation on the gears. Here a couple of pics of the location of the marks. I tried to mark them with wh...
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 8, 2012 1:19pm
by Brian D.
Production totals
Just wondering where the production totals went on the website. I just get directed to the Hemmings website when I click on the link in the technical section. Does anyone have any of this information? Looking specifically for the model R coupe numbers. Thanks...
Views: 254   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 7, 2012 11:41am
by Norm Toone
SPLIT DIFF
SHOULD I TRY TO GET IT OUT. THE PINION HOUSING HAS A DIECAST INSERT. MOST OF THE SPIGOT HAS BROKEN AWAY AND THE METAL LOOKS CRUMBLY. WHAT DOES EVERONE ELSE DO?THE BEARING IS WORN BUT OK BUT I'D PREFER TO REPLACE IT.
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2012 10:26pm
by RUSSELL
1931 DeVaux At Auction Hershey PA No Reserve
Hi All.... If you look at the upcoming RM auction at the AACA meet in Hershey you will find this car. Listing says it is from the Nethercutt collection and is offered at no reserve. Follow this link or click on website at bottom of this post...... http://...
Views: 404   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 29, 2012 2:21pm
by Gary Yelle
correct engine for a 1923 Durant
I know a lady that has a 1923 Durant. How would I identify the correct engine for this car? I know it has a fuel problem in that her husband says it has a vacuum tank for the fuel and that it won't start. If gas is provided via a gravity feed I think it runs. Wo...
Views: 452   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 27, 2012 11:51am
by Norm Toone
Door Handles possible De Vaux or ??? Now on E-bay
Norm,et All, Check out these very special inside door handles 110829525083 now on E-bay tonight. Auction ends in 5 plus hours. Possible De Vaux, late Durant, Flint or others[Not Locomobile]? About $65.00 currently. Lance
Views: 259   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 26, 2012 11:55am
by Norm Toone
Stan Reynolds passes
I saw in a post on the AACA forum a few days ago that Stan Reynolds passed away on Feb. 9th. He was 88. Actually Mr. Reynolds was part of my connection to the DeVaux car. In our potographs section I posted most of the DeVaux pictures. The one of the "Rusting DeVa...
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 24, 2012 6:23pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Looking for any Dort, Gray-Dort, speedsters and/or roadsters to help proj
I have a 1917 DORT Eagle. The back half of the auto is missing just about everything. I am guessing this was a speedster of some sort. Can anyone help with a pictures, drawings, etc. Many thanks. George
Views: 466   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2012 2:03pm
by stan uher
Paint colors available for 1926
Just wondering if anyone knows what colors were available for 1926? My coupe appears to have been painted a dark green color at some point in its life but underneath the repaint, and on the fire wall, there is a dark olive color. I assume this is the original color.
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 19, 2012 7:30pm
by gary kauffman
Brake Lining Installation
I found some woven semi metallic brake material and rivets from a supplier in Edmonton. Now that I have it, I need to cut it to length and drill holes for the rivets. When drilling the holes, do I need to worry about countersinking the holes to burry the head o...
Views: 253   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 2:36pm
by Brian D.
Spammers
The forum was attacked by spammers three times today, twice the morning and once this evening. Unfortunately I had to turn Image Verification back on to put a stop to it. Yeah, I hate it too, but it works and keeps others from hijacking the forum. Rick
Views: 206   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2012 3:20am
by Norm Toone
2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.
The date is set to our next meet. It will be September 14 to 18 2011. I will try to get the tour schedule out in the next magazine. Hope to see you all in Vancouver and area.
Views: 1154   Replies: 26
Last Post: Mar 23, 2011 6:17pm
by Franz Fraitzl
Durant B-22
Hi All....... I'm considering a 1922 Durant B-22 Touring. Cathy likes it!! Anyone have information or personal experience with this model? What about parts availability / interchangeability ? I think this was the largest sized Durant car made. A...
Views: 595   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 14, 2012 9:10am
by Jack Connor
Happy Birthday Mr. Webmaster
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK...... Understand that Thursday 2/9 is another milestone for one RICK BOTTI. Have a great one Rick...You deserve it.... Yates and Doris
Views: 226   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 10, 2012 8:00am
by Bill Hoaglan
1911 MCLAUGHLIN-BUICK FOR SALE
MY FATHER BOUGHT THIS CAR OVER 40 YEARS AGO BEEN STORDED AND RUNS NEVER BEEN RESTORDED. THANKS DENNIS
Views: 618   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2012 7:00pm
by Thomas
Ann Baraldi Passes Away
John Baraldi's wife Ann passed away Sunday Feb 5th. Our sympathy goes out to John and family. John attended our organizational meeting in 1998 and was on the first Board of Directors. Our prayers are with you on your loss. Yates Founding Pres.
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2012 10:48am
by Gordon F. Curl
Durant Partner
Carol, another great Partner. Received today 1/27/12. Bob I really enjoyed the history about Continental Motors. Well done. Ken Brink
Views: 384   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 8, 2012 3:43am
by Norm Toone
Rear window interior metal trim
Dear fellow Durant afficionados, I'm trying to locate the rectangular metal trim for the back window of my 1928 D-60 Durant Sedan. Would anyone know the whereabouts of such a piece? Thank you! Claude Lavoie Iroquois, Ontario
Views: 202   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 9:01pm
by gary kauffman
Norm Miller
Norm Miller, Norm's Antique Auto Supply, died in January. He had a heart attack in his basement.
Views: 258   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 4, 2012 7:09am
by Yates Milton
Manifold vacuum to Stewart connection
Does somebody has a drawing or picture of the original connection between the admision manifold and the Stewart for an M2? My manuals always show drawings of the engine from the oposite side. Was all cooper? Had some hose and clamps? how was routed? had any curls...
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 2:53pm
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Parts and other things
Dear friends, I wanted to let everyone know how much I have enjoyed hosting the car meet last year. It made me feel very special to be part of such a wonderful group of people. At the same time I have to apologize for my slow response on email or other. Don't th...
Views: 304   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 3, 2012 8:17am
by Frank Witkowski
What Would You Like To See in The Partner ???
Hi All...... Just as the title says...... We need ideas and articles for the Partner. Put on your thinking caps and make some suggestions. We have one of the best publications in the hobby, how can we make it better?? See Y'all in Traverse City..........
Views: 385   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 8:09am
by Carol Fogarazzo
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

The Durant Motors Automobile Club