Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Grease Fittings - Again
The grease fittings I am looking for are DOT system with Acme thread which were made by Carr Fastener Co. starting in 1923. These are NOT Amelite Pin Types I have posted a picture and part of article from Durant Partner Nov 2002 at http://s725.photobucket.com/album...
Views: 587   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2012 4:20pm
by Donald R. Hoke, ...
Anybody heading to Hershey this week?
Anybody heading to Hershey this week? Let me know I'm looking for my rim bolts for my Hayes wheels. I can provide dimensions and a picture. I won't be able to make it this year.
Views: 224   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 13, 2012 5:24am
by Mike Linthicum
Photographs
OK, just went to the photograph section and do not see many new cars there. Adam, don't see yours, DJ don't see yours, Jim, where's the new Flint? And I know that there are so many more that have not provided any photographs of their cars. It doesn't matter if they a...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2012 5:22am
by Mike Linthicum
Rad cap And Gas cap
I need a rad cap and a gas cap for my car. Anyone have a spare they would part with ? Norm I see you got a rad cap =-- Any more around where you got yours? Ken
Views: 377   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 10, 2012 3:35pm
by Norm Toone
g
gary k
see u at hershey?....maybe
hello... if i make it to hershey i will be at the booth space of HULLCO restorations with Doug Hull...thursday if i can make it...ask for me there...gary kauffman it is listed in the vendor book.....
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2012 8:27pm
by gary k
Steering box bearings
I need new thrust bearings for my '26. Anyone know if they are available or what they change up to? Would even consider a couple of good used if there are any floating around out there in Star land!
Views: 410   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 7, 2012 12:45pm
by Brian D.
Exhaust packing material
Just got the exhaust done on my '26 and am wondering what others have used for packing around the pipe and between the manifold and manifold nut. Thanks, Brian.
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 4, 2012 12:18pm
by Ricardo H.Colomb...
Durant Motor Company of Michigan stock Certificate
I have a stock cert dated Jan 31, 1923, and it is for SIX shares. Found it in a box of things by gramps left behind. He also had a stock cert for 8 shares of Universal Car & Hose Coupler CO. No. 1140 issued in Arizona. Intersting!
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 4, 2012 4:09am
by Walter Carpus
Anyone going to the "Bay to Birdwood" Next month?
Hi, Just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone is heading to the Bay to Birdwood Rally in Adelaide next month? This is an Australian Rally , it runs from the beaches of Adelaide through the city and up through the hills to Birdwood, home of the Nationa...
Views: 300   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 2, 2012 11:47am
by Mike Linthicum
Slotted Flat Head V Square Drive Flat Head Screws
I have found that the Canadian built '29 M-40 Coupe that I am restoring was assembled using both slotted and square drive screws in the original wood framing and moreso of the square drive...Until now I had thought that the only screws used in our Durants were slotte...
Views: 567   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 29, 2012 6:30pm
by Ken McCormick
Clutch
Good afternoon Durant Motors Automobile Club If you have any information about how to remove the clutch of a 1928 RUGBY four- cylinder model, please give me that information. If it`s possible send me images. Thank you for all, Federico PD: Chassis E16...
Views: 222   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2012 5:16pm
by Frank Witkowski
another odd ball ?
Ebay 330796488118 Right hand drive 1930 614 but with side vents on cowl. Odd bumpers too.
Views: 403   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2012 4:26am
by Norm Toone
Facebook
Is anyone here on Facebook? I was hoping to stay better connected using FB. If you are, feel free to friend me (aford173) adam
Views: 295   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 27, 2012 4:13am
by Adam Ford
First pictures in from Natioanl Meet
Here are the first pictures from todays national meet in Traverse City, MI. Rick
Views: 474   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 25, 2012 10:23am
by Rick Botti
wire wheels
hello everyone has anybody rebuilt there own wire wheels,on my 31 devaux it has 19 inch i believe there called riveted spoke wheels no adjustments that i can see,one of my wheels needs some spokes replaced but i was wondering about tightening existing spokes and tru...
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2012 10:48am
by DAVE ENRICO
transmission for a 1930 612
My transmission is dis-assembled and in a wood soda crate, awaiting re-assembly. (I hope I have all the pieces) Is there any manual available that would show the parts, and a possible assembly pattern ? thanks for your help. George
Views: 215   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 24, 2012 6:40am
by George Scholz
t
T
Devaux Hubcaps
There is a set of Devaux hubcaps on ebay item number 290776341726 .
Views: 376   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 19, 2012 5:11pm
by DAVE ENRICO
2012 Annual Meet Traverse City Michigan September 19-23
Hi All..... It's not too soon to plan your fall trip to the DMAC annual meet! Bob & Stephanie Smith have a great schedule planned for us. Enjoy fall in Michigan. You don't need a car to enjoy all the activities and fun with other "Durantonians". Everyone i...
Views: 1354   Replies: 49
Last Post: Sep 19, 2012 9:11am
by Rick Botti
9-16-1908 ??
Hi All...... Time for a pop quiz!!! Haven't been able to say that since 1975, when I quit teaching. Soooo....what is the significance of those numbers?? See y'all in Traverse City......... Frank ---
Views: 246   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2012 2:00am
by Rory
d
Dan
Flint Authorized Service
I have a 20 by 30 two sided Flint Authorized Service sign. Looking for a value of this sign and possible sale.
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 17, 2012 11:43pm
by Jim Greenamyer
Biofreeze Orders for Annual Conference
I just placed my fall order for Biofreeze (remember the comment in the last Durant Partner "Pass the Biofreeze"). There has been no increase in the price to me this year so it is still $7.50 a tube. Anyone who wants (or needs) tubes (and wants to save the postage of...
Views: 850   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 16, 2012 8:12pm
by gary k
Durant motor color
Does anyone know what color the engine should be in my 1928 Durant m2 with the w5 engine.
Views: 831   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 16, 2012 5:25am
by Mike Linthicum
Got it running
Got the little beast running again --sounds good but I have a slight problem -- I have one forward gear and three reverse gears -- sure would go fast backward. I dont understand how that hapened =--All I took apart was the rear end to replace the crown g...
Views: 319   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 15, 2012 1:45pm
by Norm Toone
Traverse City & Hagerty Insurance
Hi All...... I've been contacted by a representative of Hagerty Insurance. They are located in Traverse City. They plan on stopping by our meet and doing some photography & interviews. They would enjoy a ride in some of our cars! I'm planning on arranging...
Views: 188   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 15, 2012 6:30am
by Charles A. Spitz...
Bleaching wood spokes, what have you used?
Well I've been busy lately on the car. I've taken all the spokes off the fellow, bead blasted my hubs, and have stripped the old paint off the spokes. It had the original green paint under a black paint. The black paint was from a previous partial restoration. When I...
Views: 363   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 14, 2012 6:32am
by Mike Linthicum
e
Eliot
26 Fint for sale
Listed on KSL.com is a 26 Fint B40, http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/14131271 looks like something I might get myself in trouble with. So before I look at this what might some of you think about the price and the condition and will I be able to find parts?
Views: 319   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 11, 2012 11:56pm
by Jim Greenamyer
Helping a fellow out...
It's not often you find someone who is will go out of their way to help you out. I had the pleasure of meeting Ken McCormick this morning on his way from Kelowna B.C. to the meet in Michigan. I purchase a set of wheels in Sicamous B.C. and made arrangements with Ke...
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2012 10:45am
by Brian D.
Aluminum running board step plates
Hello all - I have a set of four cast aluminum running board step plates as seen on many of the 1930 sedans (407 and 614). These had been found in the basement of my 1920's house in Altadena, California and I've been meaning to see that they get in the hands of a Du...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2012 9:27am
by Vance Pomeroy
Auction Sept 29th
Hi Y'all, Time has come for a part of life I truly dread and that is a liquidation of my old cars and stuff that I have collected over the last 60+ years. Having COPD and a form of Muscular Dystrophy has put me in a condition that limits me to any activity re...
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2012 10:07pm
by Lance Haynes
d
Dave G
Met Master Bert Babick and His lovely wife weekend last in Roseville
Past by a shop/store/parking lot in Roseville, Ca sunday past..well, as most.."Cool Cars" lets stop. As my wife and I strolled the parking area, My wife pointed out, Hey look.. Two Durants...what the heck?...Thats when I had the pleasure to meet my first fellow Du...
Views: 341   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 5, 2012 9:56am
by Bert & Sonia Bab...
Hemmings Classic Car Article "4-speeds of the 30's"
Hemmings Classic Car Sept 2012 magazine has a great reprinted 2 page article from SIA April-May 1972 titled.."Four-Speeds of the 30's". And you guessed it our very own Durant 4 speed tranny is in there. And they said right after the Chrysler 4-speed our Durant was...
Views: 432   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 2, 2012 11:35pm
by Ross Hoevet
Help identify this vehicle please
Looking for help or information on this Durant Star Car. Tractor or what? Can't up load pictures
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 2, 2012 7:21pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Wooden wheel hub bolts
The 19" wooden wheel hub bolts on my wheels were Peened on and beaten up pretty bad when they were installed on the car. Also appears they are a bit bent. I guess they did not want them to come off. The size is 3/8 inch by about 2" and #16 I believe course thread. D...
Views: 460   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 1, 2012 4:51am
by Mike Linthicum
Early Durant Distributor
The distributor I have on my 23 4 cyl. Durant has 12 teeth on the gear at the bottom that engages the camshaft gear. The mechanic says that it should have more teeth because the timing gets off when trying to crank the engine. Frank says he has heard that later mod...
Views: 571   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 31, 2012 1:45pm
by Yates
Posting Pictures is a littler Easier now
Recently I asked the folks at Bravenet the company that hosts our forum to make a change to the way code is entered into a post when you want to display pictures. Today they completed work that will remove some of the effort needed to display pictures in our posts...
Views: 254   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2012 11:08am
by Rick Botti
e
Eliot
Front Mounting Plate
The front mounting plate on my engine, the one that holds the generator and the timing chain cover needs to be replaced. At some point in time it has been broken and welded, not to bad of a job but the pieces are not quite lined up. It is on a 25 Star and bolts dir...
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2012 8:35am
by Don Shilling
setting up brakes
I have the instructions for setting up and adjusting steeldraulic Brakes but there are parts I cant quite figure out. Checking rods for proper adjustment-It says --first block the pedal back against the floor boards. Can some one clarify this? Is it the back...
Views: 207   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 30, 2012 6:51pm
by Ken
Transmission and differential oil weight
I am about to refill both the transmission and differential of my 1928 D-60. The differential has new oil seals, but the transmission doesn't and has no provision for such. I'm afraid that the transmission will leak plenty if I use conventional 90 weight oil. I know...
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 5:09pm
by Claude Lavoie
A new owner of a 1928 Durant
Just bought my father in laws 1928 Durant that he bought in 1968 in Illinois. Father in law started restoration in 1969 and he was transferred to San Angelo, car was stored in Illinois for several years then moved down to Texas. When my father in law retired he moved...
Views: 431   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 29, 2012 11:09am
by Frank Witkowski
Auto Lite Coil, condensor, Rotor
OK Durantonians, you've come through for me in the past. Maybe someone can tell me the correct Auto Lite number for a coil, condensor and rotor for my 1928 15l engine. I have looked through the old club magazines but have not had any luck yet. I see the replacement t...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2012 7:43am
by Frank Witkowski
s
Shane
Fan Hub Rebuild
Just rebuilding the fan assembly as part of my restoration, and note that Franz in Vancouver has managed to rebuild some with modern bearings, and do away with the felt seals etc and the associated leaks. It's a bit problematic to send my bits to Vancouver and bac...
Views: 282   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2012 4:51am
by Shane
g
gary k
considering sale of model 60 1929 wire wheel coupe
please read my item in parts wanted/sale
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2012 5:47pm
by gary k
Tires
I have the Coker recommended 475/500 x 19 tires on my 31 Durant. They dont have much braking surface and don't look quite right to me. What size/brand tire would work best and look good?
Views: 1234   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 27, 2012 1:59pm
by tienie pitzer
Dist gear set
"HELP" I need a set of gears for my '29 M4 distbutor and gen it is a W5 4cly. motor would like NOS if i can get them. Come boys dig in the garage and help me out.
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2012 8:09pm
by Don Gaskill
Wheels from a '25 on a '26
I have been looking a long time for wheels for my '26 and haven't had any luck. I did manage to find a good set off a '25 for a reasonable price. Just wondering if there will be any size difference that will cause me any issues?
Views: 151   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 26, 2012 4:21pm
by Brian D.
e
Eliot
Radiator Emblem
What is the difference in the raditor emblems of the 23,24,25,26 Stars?
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 25, 2012 6:17pm
by Don Shilling
DMAC on the radio !!
DMAC on the radio Tomorrow, Sunday August 18th at 9:00am Pacific time I will be on the radio talking to the hosts of the Way Back Now Show on KYAA 1200am in Monterey, California. For a few minutes we'll talk about Durants and the DMAC National meet in Traverse...
Views: 333   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 25, 2012 2:06pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Transporting of Fender from Sperry to Traverse
I've bought a fender for a '26 Star from Dave Schulte in Sperry, Iowa and need to get it to Ken McCormick at the Traverse, Michigan meet of Sept. 19th... Anyone going by that way that I could beg, borrow or pay to get it to Traverse.? Your consideration would be ap...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2012 8:31am
by Ken McCormick
Traverse City...it's next month
Hello DMAC members It's time to get off the bubble, there are only a couple of weeks left, to receive a DMAC discount on room reservations; call Sleep Inn (231-938-7000) soon. Mention Durant Looking at the registrations that I have received, it looks like...
Views: 2865   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 23, 2012 10:22am
by mike Linthicum
Lance is recovering!
The following is the content of an email that Lance sent earlier this evening..... Hello everyone. Well l survived a heart attack this last Thursday and the great fast acting San Diego fire dept with a ambulance got here with in about 3 to 4 minutes and speed m...
Views: 438   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 20, 2012 6:46pm
by Ken McCormick
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

The Durant Motors Automobile Club